PostOakGuy

I751 RFE Need Advice

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't think manufacturing evidence after you get the RFE sounds like a good idea. As suggested write a statement and gather any real evidence you can think of. I'm normally against them but maybe a couple of affidavits from family or close friends. Maybe something like evidence of plane tickets purchased together or something. Whatever you can produce that's real vs manufactured.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I went to the bank today and added my wife to another checking account.   The checking account that I’ve had since I was 15. The thing is, that checking account really doesn’t have bills associated with it. It basically shows direct deposit from work and my Citi credit card payment that my wife and I charge everything to.  My wife and I use credit cards for everything.   I called Citi cards and there going to send me a letter stating that my wife and I both are users on the account. Then I can print all my statements since we’ve been married and highlight our monthly bills. Hope that helps. 

I went to my brokerage accounts today and tried to add my wife to them but since they are Roth I can only add her as a beneficiary, which I did. 

Im going to print out our cell phone history showing our communication for the past 3 years. 

I found some gym memberships that I can add

The joint checking account that my wife originally opened definitely has more transactions than I previously thought so that’s good.  It’s doesnt have any monthly bills but it does show transactions to the checking account that I added her name to today. 

Im definitly going to have to load up on affidavits from my neighbors and friends. 

Also, my wife and I have traveled extensively so I have as well. 

Im trying my best to locate as much as possible but then I think I might have to hire an attorney to make sure I have enough. 

My wife and I were clueless regarding ROC so it might be best to have a fresh set of eyes before we send in the RFE

Im wondering if the evidence I have is that weak, or the fact that I really didn’t send in much  with my ROC petition. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, PostOakGuy said:

I went to the bank today and added my wife to another checking account.   The checking account that I’ve had since I was 15. The thing is, that checking account really doesn’t have bills associated with it. It basically shows direct deposit from work and my Citi credit card payment that my wife and I charge everything to.  My wife and I use credit cards for everything.   I called Citi cards and there going to send me a letter stating that my wife and I both are users on the account. Then I can print all my statements since we’ve been married and highlight our monthly bills. Hope that helps. 

I went to my brokerage accounts today and tried to add my wife to them but since they are Roth I can only add her as a beneficiary, which I did. 

Im going to print out our cell phone history showing our communication for the past 3 years. 

I found some gym memberships that I can add

The joint checking account that my wife originally opened definitely has more transactions than I previously thought so that’s good.  It’s doesnt have any monthly bills but it does show transactions to the checking account that I added her name to today. 

Im definitly going to have to load up on affidavits from my neighbors and friends. 

Also, my wife and I have traveled extensively so I have as well. 

Im trying my best to locate as much as possible but then I think I might have to hire an attorney to make sure I have enough. 

My wife and I were clueless regarding ROC so it might be best to have a fresh set of eyes before we send in the RFE

Im wondering if the evidence I have is that weak, or the fact that I really didn’t send in much  with my ROC petition. 

All of these are good.  See the list from jay&mildred for some other examples you can include.  If your trips were outside the country, you can print out passport stamps to show you traveled to same destinations on the same dates etc.  Flight itineraries, hotel reservations, wills, health proxy, affidavits from at least 2 persons, joint titles for vehicles to show co-ownership - are all pieces of evidences you can gather.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, PostOakGuy said:

We did open a joint Checking account through Capital One in November 2015 that my wife has used sporadically that I can send...

My wife is an authorized user on all my credit cards to use anytime she needs.

Any suggestions??????????????

We filed a few years ago and got the same RFE.  I suggest you print out every statement from the time you added her to the joint Cap One checking and the credit cards she is an authorized user.

This includes all the transaction pages, not just the summary pages up front.  We sent hundreds of additional pages with our response and got approved shortly thereafter.

Good luck!

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.