Jay Jones

SLEC Medical Mission Complete

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Day 1

We (fiancé, daughter and myself) arrived at the Best Western La Corona hotel in Manila around 8:30am but we could not do an early check-in so we had some breakfast in the hotel then we walked to St Lukes which is a 5 minute walk from our hotel.  We  arrived at St Lukes about 9:30am and we stood outside until my fiancé  got past the guard.  My daughter and I went back to the hotel.

I got occasional texts that she just finished x-ray and she’s waiting for the next steps.  She got upset when they broke for lunch and told everyone to come back at 1pm.  She decided to stay there and went to 7 Eleven for some water.  After lunch she completed all of Day 1 Medical and came back to the hotel at 3pm.  She was told to come back the next day at 2pm.  When she brought the official receipt back to the hotel she told me they told her she would have to bring the following documents with her the next day.  Official receipt, passport, DS-160, 3 additional photos and some verified address from the NVC.  Luckily I brought extra photos and a copy of the DS-160 just in case.

Day 2

I woke up with the great idea of having her go to St Lukes around 10am with the excuse of us having to check out of our hotel at 12pm.  The guard was not having it and told her to come back at 1pm.  So much for that great idea, lol.  So, she gets there at 1pm, does the finger scan and they tell her to go to immunisations.  YIPEEEE!!!!!!!  After her shots she went to the the releasing area and they gave her the brown envelope and CD at 3pm.  They told her to bring those extra photos and DS-160 but they didn’t ask her for any of that.  Go figure.

Interview on 14 March, CFO on 3 April and fly date is 5 April.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

Day 1

We (fiancé, daughter and myself) arrived at the Best Western La Corona hotel in Manila around 8:30am but we could not do an early check-in so we had some breakfast in the hotel then we walked to St Lukes which is a 5 minute walk from our hotel.  We  arrived at St Lukes about 9:30am and we stood outside until my fiancé  got past the guard.  My daughter and I went back to the hotel.

I got occasional texts that she just finished x-ray and she’s waiting for the next steps.  She got upset when they broke for lunch and told everyone to come back at 1pm.  She decided to stay there and went to 7 Eleven for some water.  After lunch she completed all of Day 1 Medical and came back to the hotel at 3pm.  She was told to come back the next day at 2pm.  When she brought the official receipt back to the hotel she told me they told her she would have to bring the following documents with her the next day.  Official receipt, passport, DS-160, 3 additional photos and some verified address from the NVC.  Luckily I brought extra photos and a copy of the DS-160 just in case.

Day 2

I woke up with the great idea of having her go to St Lukes around 10am with the excuse of us having to check out of our hotel at 12pm.  The guard was not having it and told her to come back at 1pm.  So much for that great idea, lol.  So, she gets there at 1pm, does the finger scan and they tell her to go to immunisations.  YIPEEEE!!!!!!!  After her shots she went to the the releasing area and they gave her the brown envelope and CD at 3pm.  They told her to bring those extra photos and DS-160 but they didn’t ask her for any of that.  Go figure.

Interview on 14 March, CFO on 3 April and fly date is 5 April.

You didn't have 4 passport photos for the medical?

I am surprised on the DS-160, SLEC removed that from the checklist on their website a few months ago and had stopped asking for a copy of the confirmation page.  Wonder if the guard asked for it out of habit or if SLEC wants it again.

Glad all went well!  :thumbs:

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You didn't have 4 passport photos for the medical?

I am surprised on the DS-160, SLEC removed that from the checklist on their website a few months ago and had stopped asking for a copy of the confirmation page.  Wonder if the guard asked for it out of habit or if SLEC wants it again.

Glad all went well!  :thumbs:

Hank, we had the 4 photos for the Day 1 Medical.  When she came back to the hotel she gave me the Official Receipt and she said they told her to bring those additional documents on Day 2 which was on the back of the OR.  The only thing they asked for on Day 2 was the Official Receipt and her passport. I'm glad I had that extra stuff just in case.  I am attaching the Official Receipt with the list of documents on the back of the receipt so you can see what I'm talking about. 

OR.jpg

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Hank, we had the 4 photos for the Day 1 Medical.  When she came back to the hotel she gave me the Official Receipt and she said they told her to bring those additional documents on Day 2 which was on the back of the OR.  The only thing they asked for on Day 2 was the Official Receipt and her passport. I'm glad I had that extra stuff just in case.  I am attaching the Official Receipt with the list of documents on the back of the receipt so you can see what I'm talking about. 

OR.jpg

Ah.. they are still using an old form  ..    (Welcome to the Philippines)  ;)  

Thanks.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.