Maxanne

from AP to Application Received?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If it went from Immigrant Administrative Processing to non-immigrant Application Received, that's good; it means the immigrant unit is done with your case. Next will probably be non-immigrant Administrative Processing, and then Issued.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Did you have additional document to turn in after your interview?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

If it went from Immigrant Administrative Processing to non-immigrant Application Received, that's good; it means the immigrant unit is done with your case. Next will probably be non-immigrant Administrative Processing, and then Issued.

I checked it again and it says Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing. Fingers crossed, really. Thank you @DaveAndAnastasia 😊😊😊

Timeline
10 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Did you have additional document to turn in after your interview?

Yes! After 2 weeks of my interview, they sent me a letter or 221g stating that they needed me to send them my passport. 

They did not give you a 221g at interview? What did they say to you when you finished your interview?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

If you were given a 221g at the end of your interview and then sent this information in with your passport then Dave and Anastasia are absolutely correct. The immigrant unit is done processing the case and has referred the case to the non-immigration unit for issuing👍

Edited by boris64

Timeline
8 hours ago, boris64 said:

If you were given a 221g at the end of your interview and then sent this information in with your passport then Dave and Anastasia are absolutely correct. The immigrant unit is done processing the case and has referred the case to the non-immigration unit for issuing👍

Yes, the consular gave me a 221g after the interview then after 2 weeks gave me another one and asking for my passport. 😊😊

Thank you @boris64 ..highly appreciate the response. 😊😊

Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Hello. Same thing here. My case was moved to immigrant ap to non immigrant ap. My case created was changed too. What does this mean

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dia pe said:

Hello. Same thing here. My case was moved to immigrant ap to non immigrant ap. My case created was changed too. What does this mean

It's a side effect of the dual nature of K-1s (they're non-immigrant visas with immigrant intent), which means different groups at the embassy/consulate work on them at different times.

The new case created date is when your case was created in the non-immigrant visa unit; until immigrant AP was finished, your case was being worked on by the immigrant visa unit. Usually (but not always), K-1s are only in non-immigrant AP for a very short time while they finalize paperwork and print your actual visa.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
1 hour ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

It's a side effect of the dual nature of K-1s (they're non-immigrant visas with immigrant intent), which means different groups at the embassy/consulate work on them at different times.

The new case created date is when your case was created in the non-immigrant visa unit; until immigrant AP was finished, your case was being worked on by the immigrant visa unit. Usually (but not always), K-1s are only in non-immigrant AP for a very short time while they finalize paperwork and print your actual visa.

Hoping this is a good thing. I’m getting really anxious. 

Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 11:02 AM, Maxanne said:

Hi everyone! I just checked my k1 visa status today.  It went from Administration Process to Application Received? What does that mean? Is it good? Thanks

Hello. Dod you get any update on your visa status? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Dia pe said:

Hello. Dod you get any update on your visa status? 

Hi, Dia pe! 😊 As of now, the status is still the same. Im still waiting and keep checking it occassionally. 😊😊 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Maxanne said:

Hi, Dia pe! 😊 As of now, the status is still the same. Im still waiting and keep checking it occassionally. 😊😊 

Oh okay. Same with mine. Keep me updated. I feel like our applications are around the same timeline. Hope things turn out good

Timeline
On 3/1/2019 at 10:57 PM, Dia pe said:
  On 3/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Thanks. I tried to check my status today but I could not get in to the system. I thought the system was down. Thanks @Dia pe, after I read your message and tried to go and check my status through non-immigrant instead of immigrant visa section and finally it says "ISSUED". Im just so happy right now. Thanks everyone for helping and giving us the right info. 😊😊😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.