chipper

filed 2 weeks ago no NOA1

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hello everybody, 

My fiancé sent the K-1 package away on the 11th of feb. The same day, he moved out where he was living .. so we have his old address on the forms.. 

but i did fill out the email form & sent it with.

but what worries me is we have not got any notification via text or e-mail ... & today i asked him to call the bank to see if the check has been cahsed & it has not!

im so upset i feel like its not gonna happend & he tells me to be positive but i feel like i can´t until i have something in my hands! 

why is this taking so long.. i see so many people to get it in few days!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, chipper said:

Hello everybody, 

My fiancé sent the K-1 package away on the 11th of feb. The same day, he moved out where he was living .. so we have his old address on the forms.. 

but i did fill out the email form & sent it with.

but what worries me is we have not got any notification via text or e-mail ... & today i asked him to call the bank to see if the check has been cahsed & it has not!

im so upset i feel like its not gonna happend & he tells me to be positive but i feel like i can´t until i have something in my hands! 

why is this taking so long.. i see so many people to get it in few days!

Did you track the actual delivery date?

What address did you send it to?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

You have to practice patience or you will go crazy. Although within 2 weeks is the norm, I wouldn't really start getting concerned until at the 30 day post file mark.

Best advice is to give a little more time and if still no news in another couple of weeks, follow up.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No its somwhere in the storage unit & he dosen´t know where it could be since he got a help with moving & obviously that really sucks! 😕

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I sent it to 

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

Timeline
6 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

You have to practice patience or you will go crazy. Although within 2 weeks is the norm, I wouldn't really start getting concerned until at the 30 day post file mark.

Best advice is to give a little more time and if still no news in another couple of weeks, follow up.

Yes thank you! Patience is not my strongest .... but i think i just would be much more calm if the check had been cashed at least .. 😕

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, chipper said:

No its somwhere in the storage unit & he dosen´t know where it could be since he got a help with moving & obviously that really sucks! 😕

As an example, if he sent it with signature required upon delivery, that at a minimum adds 5 days to the delivery because it appears the lockbox facility only goes to the postal office once a week to pickup that kind of mail

YMMV

Timeline
24 minutes ago, payxibka said:

As an example, if he sent it with signature required upon delivery, that at a minimum adds 5 days to the delivery because it appears the lockbox facility only goes to the postal office once a week to pickup that kind of mail

yes as much i was hoping that could be the case, he said that he didn´t send it with a signature required 😕

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 12:31 PM, chipper said:

yes as much i was hoping that could be the case, he said that he didn´t send it with a signature required 😕

It goes to a lockbox, so sending it with signature required can get more delays. Did you send it with tracking? In that case, what does the tracking number say?

Also, USCIS has 45 days to process your change of address request, so there is a chance that they don't change it till after the NOA's are sent. Does your fiancé has access to his old mailbox in any way?

Timeline
5 hours ago, C90 said:

It goes to a lockbox, so sending it with signature required can get more delays. Did you send it with tracking? In that case, what does the tracking number say?

Also, USCIS has 45 days to process your change of address request, so there is a chance that they don't change it till after the NOA's are sent. Does your fiancé has access to his old mailbox in any way?

He said he didn´t send it with signature requriments but he get a tracking # that he dosen´t where is, he moved the same day so it was a bit chaotic .. but i think i have to let him check the mail status.  We did fill out the email form so i thought we would at least have got and email or text by now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.