Bikash33

Police clearance certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

So my fiancee lives in Bangalore.she been there for last 5yrs(originally from Nepal)When she tried to get police clearance certificate,she is having hard time getting it.in 2018 she came to Nepal for 2 months and that’s the reason they r telling her for delay.Guys anyone know how easy it is to get PCC India and how long does it take?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bikash Bhattarai said:

So my fiancee lives in Bangalore.she been there for last 5yrs(originally from Nepal)When she tried to get police clearance certificate,she is having hard time getting it.in 2018 she came to Nepal for 2 months and that’s the reason they r telling her for delay.Guys anyone know how easy it is to get PCC India and how long does it take?

Hi there, I'm not sure what it's like if your fiancée is not an Indian citizen, but my fiancé was born in India and did this just a few weeks ago. I filled out the application online and printed it out, but was having trouble booking an appointment on the website so I asked him to go to his local Passport office (seva kendra). He went there and they said they didn't issue PCC at that location, but they helped him book an appointment the following morning at the Ghaziabad, Regional Post Office. He arrived there at 10 a.m. and it took him maybe 15 minutes for them to issue. 

You can register and fill out an application for Police Clearance Certificate at this website: http://www.passportindia.gov.in

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You can get easily from indian embassy in nepal within 3 working days.

Last month I got my PCC from Indian Embassy . Just check in the embassy website for the process.

http://www.indianembassy.org.np/index1.php?option=Xgc4cACnML2T1_DC21jA58Ttm2KiX8IXemmj5VvU8ug&id=F-vt8_Q6ktEd8BS7NrX4BTdmiIHuNYy7myY-r_Yadzg

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR NEPALI NATIONALS.

1)Request Application

2)Two recent passport size photographs.
3) Photocopies of relevant Certificates / testimonials supporting period (dates) of stay / study in India. 
4) Copy of Passport.
5) Copy of National Citizenship Certificate. 
6) Recommendation letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ( will issue within an hour of application)
7) Copy of sponsorship letter relevant to the Visa applied for / other supporting documents.
😎 Fees: NRs. 2,420/-

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 11:22 PM, love & love said:

You can get easily from indian embassy in nepal within 3 working days.

Last month I got my PCC from Indian Embassy . Just check in the embassy website for the process.

http://www.indianembassy.org.np/index1.php?option=Xgc4cACnML2T1_DC21jA58Ttm2KiX8IXemmj5VvU8ug&id=F-vt8_Q6ktEd8BS7NrX4BTdmiIHuNYy7myY-r_Yadzg

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR NEPALI NATIONALS.

1)Request Application

2)Two recent passport size photographs.
3) Photocopies of relevant Certificates / testimonials supporting period (dates) of stay / study in India. 
4) Copy of Passport.
5) Copy of National Citizenship Certificate. 
6) Recommendation letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. ( will issue within an hour of application)
7) Copy of sponsorship letter relevant to the Visa applied for / other supporting documents.
😎 Fees: NRs. 2,420/-

I sent my fiancee’s to get pcc from Indian embassy in Kathmandu but she was denied,she followed or had all documents to prove she was in India still they dint give her.i was wondering if u could give some insight on this.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Is your fiance’s PCC issues resolved?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Two things: 

1. If she is done with Banglore and returning back to Nepal for good and for interview in Nepal before she comes to you, she doesn’t need Indian PCC.

2. If she is still living in Bangalore and her interview is in India, she needs it. My wife was able to get the PCC from Bangalore Police Commissioner’s office in the following way (not sure if your fiance followed the same way)

a. Wrote an apllication for PCC and provide the dates and address of her stay in Bangalore.

b. Collected proofs like lease agreement.

c. collected bonafide letter from the college.

d. Went to main Commissioners Office and submitted the application with application, photos, fee, and other proofs.

e. She was called in in her local police station a week later to verify various things. 

f. Few days later, she was handed over the PCC from the commissioners office specifying her duration of stay in Bangalore.

Anyway, before her interview, she was done with her study and had returned to Nepal. Since she also needed PCC from another Indian state where she studied previously and it was most impossible to get, we opted not to submit Indian PCC at all  rather than submitting incomplete PCCs as India doesn’t provide PCC to foreigners no living in India at present.

Hope this helps.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.