Harsha85

I-134 Source of Income

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hi All,

I am preparing for my DV interview and finally received IRS Transcripts from my Sponsor.

As per his IRS Transcripts:

From Income Section, Income per Computer is $27,000.

Schedule C - Profit and Loss from Business:

Income: $348,000

Now his family consists of three members including him. My Family consists of three members including me. 

My question; Is this income is enough for him to sponsor me? or do you think its better to add another sponsor for my application?

Thanks,

Harsha

Timeline

Hi SusieQQ,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes, the numbers are correct. His personal income is calculated as 10K wages + 17K from business Profit, which totaled to 27K for his Total income. 

His business income is 348K and his profit is 15K only after expenses & salaries. 

His family has 3 members & my family has 3 members. So in total, his annual income is 27K, and i am not too sure if this is correct. :(

C1.JPG

C2.JPG

Oh i missed the bit about your family also having 3 members. Then $27k is not enough. 

He sounds like he’s playing games with income & expenses for tax purposes. The reason doesn’t matter for you, just the outcome, which is that what he’s showing as income isn’t sufficient to sponsor your family. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Oh i missed the bit about your family also having 3 members. Then $27k is not enough. 

He sounds like he’s playing games with income & expenses for tax purposes. The reason doesn’t matter for you, just the outcome, which is that what he’s showing as income isn’t sufficient to sponsor your family. 

yes, i agree. its bit doggy. 

Anyway, he offered his Bank statements which has savings of $50,000. Will that satisfy my sponsor requirement? 

1 hour ago, Harsha85 said:

yes, i agree. its bit doggy. 

Anyway, he offered his Bank statements which has savings of $50,000. Will that satisfy my sponsor requirement? 

No.  The total value of the assets must equal at least five times the difference between the household income and the poverty guidelines. The required income for 6 people total is $42,175, so you’d need 5x 15k = $75k in savings (that’s rounded but clearly still far from the actual number).

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

No.  The total value of the assets must equal at least five times the difference between the household income and the poverty guidelines. The required income for 6 people total is $42,175, so you’d need 5x 15k = $75k in savings (that’s rounded but clearly still far from the actual number).

Thanks SusieQQQ. I will try to find another sponsor which may be able to jointly sponsor me and my family.  Also, since this is life time opportunity, i may consider to exclude my kid and wife from the process to get satisfied with the current sponsor and later i could apply for their Green Cards.

Sometime i wonder, why i was thinking to come to US as i already have $35,000 per annum income in Sri Lanka. :D 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi SusieQQ,

Just to let you know, i had my interview with Colombo embassy on last week. My application was approved and i am waiting to collect my passports now. :)

Thanks for you help throug out the journey.

Kind Regards,

Harsha

Excellent news, thanks for the update! Wishing you all the best for your new life in the US!  

PS do you watch cricket? Been an interesting tour so far, let’s see what happens in the T20s!

On 2/25/2019 at 2:13 AM, Harsha85 said:

Sometime i wonder, why i was thinking to come to US as i already have $35,000 per annum income in Sri Lanka. :D 

Many have good lives in their home country.. but the green card's allure too strong? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

On 3/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Excellent news, thanks for the update! Wishing you all the best for your new life in the US!  

PS do you watch cricket? Been an interesting tour so far, let’s see what happens in the T20s!

Am a fan of cricket.. waiting for the World Cup haha :) 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline

Thanks for the wishes.  :)

Well, i used to watch cricket and not anymore. :D Our team is doing crazy things these days, and bit shamed of that. :( 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:35 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Hello

so as i understand the DV winners shall have a sponsor read at the interview so they can get through with the application and approval ?

or it would depend on the officer and his request ?

or if i have enough amount of money that wouldn't matter ?

to be honest this information i didn't know before

thanks

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

Hello

so as i understand the DV winners shall have a sponsor read at the interview so they can get through with the application and approval ?

or it would depend on the officer and his request ?

or if i have enough amount of money that wouldn't matter ?

to be honest this information i didn't know before

thanks

It all depend on the consulate. In Consulate in Colombo, they request a sponsor. I would strongly recommend you to check with your embassy. 

Ideally they publish a document checklist for DV winners. 

In Colombo, It doesnt matter how much you have in savings, but always need a sponsor. 

Edited by Harsha85

7 minutes ago, Harsha85 said:

It all depend on the consulate. In Consulate in Colombo, they request a sponsor. I would strongly recommend you to check with your embassy. 

Ideally they publish a document checklist for DV winners. 

In Colombo, It doesnt matter how much you have in savings, but always need a sponsor. 

Oh i see it now.

well i really hope your the best of luck and you would be able to go through it

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.