Visitor User

No I-94 Departure Record?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello. My interview is next Monday but we only have a copy of the petitioner’s (USC Mother) I-94. 

When she did her AOS. USCIS (then INS) kept her original I-94 paper card.

Would this cause any issues at my interview?

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, Visitor User said:

Hello. My interview is next Monday but we only have a copy of the petitioner’s (USC Mother) I-94. 

When she did her AOS. USCIS (then INS) kept her original I-94 paper card.

Would this cause any issues at my interview?

According to your timeline you entered in 1989 on a B1 visa.

If you're adjusting from B1 you're better of asking your question in the 'adjusting status from work, student and tourist' forum, since you've now posted in the K1 forum. Make sure this topic gets closed before you post the question somewhere else.

From what I know from adjusting status from K1, we had to send a copy of my husbands passport with the application to proof that he's a USC. So idk why you would need an I-94 from the USC but maybe it's different for adjusting from work/tourist visa's

Timeline
2 hours ago, C90 said:

According to your timeline you entered in 1989 on a B1 visa.

If you're adjusting from B1 you're better of asking your question in the 'adjusting status from work, student and tourist' forum, since you've now posted in the K1 forum. Make sure this topic gets closed before you post the question somewhere else.

From what I know from adjusting status from K1, we had to send a copy of my husbands passport with the application to proof that he's a USC. So idk why you would need an I-94 from the USC but maybe it's different for adjusting from work/tourist visa's

Sorry, B2 Visa. Correction made to my timeline.

We found out that then INS kept her original I-94 when she did AOS but we have the photocopy of it. I doubt IO will ask for it since I-130 is approved.

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Sorry, B2 Visa. Correction made to my timeline.

We found out that then INS kept her original I-94 when she did AOS but we have the photocopy of it. I doubt IO will ask for it since I-130 is approved.

She's the sponsor correct? And you are the beneficiary right? If so, are you asking if the I-94 is going to prove her USC status? I never heard the USC should bring any I-94 to the interview since they entered their own country. But like I said, maybe B2 needs different documents and you're better off asking it on the forum I mentioned earlier after you get this topic closed.

Edited by C90

Timeline
7 minutes ago, C90 said:

She's the sponsor correct? And you are the beneficiary right? If so, are you asking if the I-94 is going to prove her USC status? I never heard the USC should bring any I-94 to the interview since they entered their own country. But like I said, maybe B2 needs different documents and you're better off asking it on the forum I mentioned earlier after you get this topic closed.

Yes she is and I am the beneficiary. I was not sure if her original I-94 was required at my interview.

Timeline
Just now, Visitor User said:

Yes she is and I am the beneficiary. I was not sure if her original I-94 was required at my interview.

Not if she's a USC. The interview letter you got should state what evidence you should take. If it asks for evidence of her being a USC you/she should take her unexpired US passport

Timeline
27 minutes ago, C90 said:

Not if she's a USC. The interview letter you got should state what evidence you should take. If it asks for evidence of her being a USC you/she should take her unexpired US passport

She is a USC but was not born in USA. We have her certificate of citizenship document, valid state ID, marriage certificate. That is what my lawyer told us to bring. 

Timeline
On 2/22/2019 at 11:56 PM, milimelo said:

~ Topic moved to AoS from work, tourist, student visa. ~ 

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.