4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My Question,

Anybody from Morocco is granted Visa After DS5535 was submitted?

for my Wife's Situation. Interview date was 05-04-2018 all went well. then CO told her to answer some Questions that she will receive.which we did. after a few days we contacted Consulate and were told the process will take 6 to 9months. and still waiting till now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most people do get their Visa after the DS5535....like you know it's just a long wait. Usually around 9-12 months from what I have seen. 

A friend of mine - it took her husband 14 months after the form but he got his Visa (finally!) after the long wait.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

just to let u know when the ds5535 is done,  they will require a new medical exam

this is because the trip to the US must be made within 6 months of the medical

they proabably will say to send it with passport thru aramex but they have been known to have another interview just to veriify ID and fingerprints

and they may not 

it is Casa and they don't seem to do the same case to case

good luck

we know the wait is long but it will be worth it when you are together

allah yessir

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, destiny-hope said:

My Question,

Anybody from Morocco is granted Visa After DS5535 was submitted?

for my Wife's Situation. Interview date was 05-04-2018 all went well. then CO told her to answer some Questions that she will receive.which we did. after a few days we contacted Consulate and were told the process will take 6 to 9months. and still waiting till now.

Was she asked to submit missing documents?

Did she receive the 221 G  form?

Unfortunately, there are no accurate numbers nor statistics to give one a broad idea.

According to some sites, only 0.5% of all applicants are required to submit the dreadful form. The form seems to carpet certain regions only.

Unfortunately, he number of applicants stuck in this Dark Hole, is very small in comparison to all Visa applicants.

That said no one really knows nor cares, Government or advocates wise. Only my two cents here. 

There is only one article that addresses the issue and less than a handful of Lawsuits. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/opinion/schulman-immigration-extreme-vetting-ds5535.html

In a nutshell, I feel we just have to wait it out. My wife and I already planned our summer together. A sad reality here,

Honest-Love-Respect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.