hasha

re-schedule k1 visa interview

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'll start by giving a little bit of background on our case. Our NOA1 was August 2018, the I-129f was approved and NOA2 date was 1/16/2019, interview at US embassy in Israel scheduled for April 5, 2019. The reason we choose this date is because it was the only available date in the entire calendar year according to the Embassy's website. My fiance was planning on having his interview in April 2019 and then coming to the US in May 2019. We have not scheduled the medical exam yet.

For family reasons, we have decided that it is important to wait a few extra months so I can finish college before we get married. I finish college in December 2019. Is it possible to re-schedule his interview to September 2019 so that he can arrive at the end of the year?

I am doubtful about this for several reasons... 1) There were no September dates available on the embassy's website and 2) September is nine months after our NOA2 so I have a feeling that it will be too late and paperwork may become invalid/expired. The approval notice on the NOA2 says it is valid from 1/16/2019 - 5/15/2019 and I am not completely sure what those dates mean.

I am just looking for someone to tell me if they have been in a similar situation, and how late after the NOA2 it is acceptable to schedule a visa interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, hasha said:

Hello, I'll start by giving a little bit of background on our case. Our NOA1 was August 2018, the I-129f was approved and NOA2 date was 1/16/2019, interview at US embassy in Israel scheduled for April 5, 2019. The reason we choose this date is because it was the only available date in the entire calendar year according to the Embassy's website. My fiance was planning on having his interview in April 2019 and then coming to the US in May 2019. We have not scheduled the medical exam yet.

For family reasons, we have decided that it is important to wait a few extra months so I can finish college before we get married. I finish college in December 2019. Is it possible to re-schedule his interview to September 2019 so that he can arrive at the end of the year?

I am doubtful about this for several reasons... 1) There were no September dates available on the embassy's website and 2) September is nine months after our NOA2 so I have a feeling that it will be too late and paperwork may become invalid/expired. The approval notice on the NOA2 says it is valid from 1/16/2019 - 5/15/2019 and I am not completely sure what those dates mean.

I am just looking for someone to tell me if they have been in a similar situation, and how late after the NOA2 it is acceptable to schedule a visa interview.

The noa2 can be extended for up to one year 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, hasha said:

Email the embassy to inform them you want to extend your NOA2 before you reschedule. I know in the Netherlands they only start opening up appointments 1 month before. So if it's the same in Israel there won't be any appointments opening up for September until late July/early August. But idk how it works over there, maybe they open up appointments waaay earlier. 

Like mentioned above, NOA2 can be extended up to 1 year (4 months at a time)

Edited by C90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This extension is at the embassy's / custom's officer's discretion, so email them this before you cancel your appointment.

As per the only one date open all year, it is HIGHLY likely that that day is all that is available at the moment at your embassy, but they likely open new dates every month, for 2 months in advance. That's how it works in Canada, at least. E.g. There are no k1 interview dates available in Canada right now, but April dates will open up next week, and all March dates are booked right now. (or so I've heard, I'm not at the booking stage just yet :P). Hope that helps :)

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.