Abby95

W-2 keeps getting rejected

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey all, 

I am new to this site but need some advice. I am a US citizen and filed to bring my mother to US in March 2018. This process has been the most annoying thing ever. I am a student and couldnt use my income alone. I had my uncle decide to be a joint sponsor. He submitted a tax return which meant he needed to submit his W-2s as well. They rejected the W2 initially because he filed joint taxes with his wife. After speaking with someone at NVC, I was told to submit his W2 and an explanation stating that he is the sole sponsor for the case. I also ordered a tax transcript from IRS and submitted that as well. They approved one of the W2s, the tax transcript and my explanation. They rejected 3 of the W2s because it's not in the right side up position. My question is, if a tax transcript is sufficient, and was accepted, why didnt I get approval and an interview date for my mom in Ghana? Now I'm not sure how to move forward. Is the W2 absolutely necessary? I'm not sure how they want me to submit it because when I view it, it looks right side up to me. I already deleted the W2 they rejected. Can I just hit the submit button again? Will I receive an interview date if I dont submit the W2 they rejected?. 

You need tax return transcripts or an ENTIRE tax return including all schedules and w2s.  Would you be able to ask your uncle to download his tax return transcripts instead?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

9 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You need tax return transcripts or an ENTIRE tax return including all schedules and w2s.  Would you be able to ask your uncle to download his tax return transcripts instead?

Hey, thanks for responding. Yes we downloaded his tax return transcript from IRS and NVC even approved it! Yet they rejected the W2 and still requesting I resubmit the ones that were rejecting. Doesnt make any sense to me why? Perhaps I shouldnt have submitted his W2 and only submit the transcripts. Right now NVC has approved a tax return, tax transcript, and an explannation explaining the discrepancy in income reported only the W2. I'm wondering if i delete the rejected forms and resubmit for processing, they would still insist on w2s again?. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abby95 said:

Hey, thanks for responding. Yes we downloaded his tax return transcript from IRS and NVC even approved it! Yet they rejected the W2 and still requesting I resubmit the ones that were rejecting. Doesnt make any sense to me why? Perhaps I shouldnt have submitted his W2 and only submit the transcripts. Right now NVC has approved a tax return, tax transcript, and an explannation explaining the discrepancy in income reported only the W2. I'm wondering if i delete the rejected forms and resubmit for processing, they would still insist on w2s again?. 

It doesn't make any sense to me either. If you provided the IRS transcript for the return for which they are requested the W-2, that seems redundant. Perhaps someone at USCIS does not know what they are doing, but that is just speculation.

"Perhaps I shouldnt have submitted his W2 and only submit the transcripts." Bingo, I think that is what is causing the confusion on their end, but I do not know how to resolve. Keep us posted and good luck!

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Why don't you re-position the W-2 in the correction position and re-upload. Maybe, it's a portrait document and your submitted it in landscape or vice-versa. NVC is very petty on how you upload documents. Unless I'm not understanding your issue well.

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Why don't you re-position the W-2 in the correction position and re-upload. Maybe, it's a portrait document and your submitted it in landscape or vice-versa. NVC is very petty on how you upload documents. Unless I'm not understanding your issue well.

I finally understood what they meant. When I printed my uncles W2, it looked landscape instead of portrait. So I had to print it as portrait, then rescan and upload. Hopefully they do not reject. Most things are visible but there are definitely some things that are hard to see. I guess this happened due to rescanning twice. Here is to hoping they finally accept it and we can move forward. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Abby95 said:

I finally understood what they meant. When I printed my uncles W2, it looked landscape instead of portrait. So I had to print it as portrait, then rescan and upload. Hopefully they do not reject. Most things are visible but there are definitely some things that are hard to see. I guess this happened due to rescanning twice. Here is to hoping they finally accept it and we can move forward. 

That's wonderful; hopefully they don't act petty this time around. Though, you could have flipped the documents on the computer without printing and re-scanning, and not lose quality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:22 AM, nastra30 said:

That's wonderful; hopefully they don't act petty this time around. Though, you could have flipped the documents on the computer without printing and re-scanning, and not lose quality.

They finally approved all documents! Im now waiting on an interview date and time. Do you happen to know how much medicals cost currently? Also they have not requested a DNA test yet. Does this mean they wont require it?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Abby95 said:

They finally approved all documents! Im now waiting on an interview date and time. Do you happen to know how much medicals cost currently? Also they have not requested a DNA test yet. Does this mean they wont require it?

You'll have to call Akai House Clinic or Holy Trinity Medical Centre to inquire about the cost; see link below for their numbers.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ACC_Accra.pdf

NVC doesn't request DNA. DNA will be requested by the US Embassy if the need one- once you go for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.