Lola2

I-601approved but how long to hear from the Montreal Consulate now?

18 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Lola2 said:

Hello, 

My I-601 waiver was approved in early December 2018 but I haven't heard from the Montreal US Consulate as of yet. Does anyone know the average processing time there for these cases? Thanks! 😊

You should have heard by now. Contact the consulate and find out what's going on. If you have a lawyer, have him/her contact the consulate. 

Just curious on your timeline.  We are also going through the Montreal office once our 601A is approved from the Nebraska center.  Apparently my husband has to interview in Montreal (he is a dual Mexico/Canadian citizen).  We're right at the 6 month mark now since we've submitted the paperwork so I'm hoping any time now we'll get some news.  

Anyway I rarely see any forum subjects that are going through Montreal so I got all excited :)

On 2/23/2019 at 10:22 AM, rachel6992 said:

Just curious on your timeline.  We are also going through the Montreal office once our 601A is approved from the Nebraska center.  Apparently my husband has to interview in Montreal (he is a dual Mexico/Canadian citizen).  We're right at the 6 month mark now since we've submitted the paperwork so I'm hoping any time now we'll get some news.  

Anyway I rarely see any forum subjects that are going through Montreal so I got all excited :)

Haha I know what you mean! Well mine is a I-601 not I-601A and from my understanding yours is processing faster than mine. I applied for my waiver November of 2016 and just got my approval December 2018, so just over 2 years! So brutal! I still haven't heard from the embassy yet but when I do, I will let you know! Good luck! 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2/25/2019 at 6:35 AM, Lola2 said:

Haha I know what you mean! Well mine is a I-601 not I-601A and from my understanding yours is processing faster than mine. I applied for my waiver November of 2016 and just got my approval December 2018, so just over 2 years! So brutal! I still haven't heard from the embassy yet but when I do, I will let you know! Good luck! 😊

waiver on which ground?why so slow.Im Request for evidence after 14.5 months waiting

On 3/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, ASBoston04 said:

Hi! Lola! Congrats! Did they give an interview date? When is it? We are waiting to hear from the Montréal consulate.  Our waiver was approved Jan 30 2019

Not yet, I needed to di another medical and background check, which I did last week. Once I have them then I need to send it to them via mail. Then I will get an interview date. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just got our approval notice today!  Just as an FYI, the letter was dated May 10th and the online tool is not updated as of today.  So, that's good to know 😕

Just waiting on NVC to receive app and then we'll get our interview date.  Will keep you all posted on that timeline.

We're super stoked!  If anyone has any insight on the interview process for Montreal, I'd love to hear your experience!

Hi,

We applied for the 601A. Fingerprint fee was received August 15th (with our waiver app), actual fingerprints/biometrics done mid-September. 

So basically 9 months from filing waiver to get the approval. 

Now we're working on the rest of the paperwork so the interview can be scheduled, which hopefully will be good to go in the next week or two. Basically just waiting on police checks from Canada, US, and Mexico. Everything else I think/hope is in a good spot! FYI we have a lawyer..

I hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, Lola2 said:

Not yet, I needed to di another medical and background check, which I did last week. Once I have them then I need to send it to them via mail. Then I will get an interview date. 

@Lola2  After you mailed your medical and background to the consulate, how long till you heard from them to get an interview date?  Did they tell you to book your own interview via the AIS site?

On 7/24/2019 at 5:24 PM, ASBoston04 said:

@Lola2  After you mailed your medical and background to the consulate, how long till you heard from them to get an interview date?  Did they tell you to book your own interview via the AIS site?

Sorry I am just seeing this now! It took about 2 months or so to hear from them and yes I had to book my own appointment! It took me 3 weeks checking every day all day to get one and I actually go this Friday! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.