Jump to content
Lola2

I-601approved but how long to hear from the Montreal Consulate now?

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

My I-601 waiver was approved in early December 2018 but I haven't heard from the Montreal US Consulate as of yet. Does anyone know the average processing time there for these cases? Thanks! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lola2 said:

Hello, 

My I-601 waiver was approved in early December 2018 but I haven't heard from the Montreal US Consulate as of yet. Does anyone know the average processing time there for these cases? Thanks! 😊

You should have heard by now. Contact the consulate and find out what's going on. If you have a lawyer, have him/her contact the consulate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ruthie said:

You should have heard by now. Contact the consulate and find out what's going on. If you have a lawyer, have him/her contact the consulate. 

Thanks, I did contact the Consulate via email and they told me my file is with a consular officer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious on your timeline.  We are also going through the Montreal office once our 601A is approved from the Nebraska center.  Apparently my husband has to interview in Montreal (he is a dual Mexico/Canadian citizen).  We're right at the 6 month mark now since we've submitted the paperwork so I'm hoping any time now we'll get some news.  

 

Anyway I rarely see any forum subjects that are going through Montreal so I got all excited :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 10:22 AM, rachel6992 said:

Just curious on your timeline.  We are also going through the Montreal office once our 601A is approved from the Nebraska center.  Apparently my husband has to interview in Montreal (he is a dual Mexico/Canadian citizen).  We're right at the 6 month mark now since we've submitted the paperwork so I'm hoping any time now we'll get some news.  

 

Anyway I rarely see any forum subjects that are going through Montreal so I got all excited :)

 

 

Haha I know what you mean! Well mine is a I-601 not I-601A and from my understanding yours is processing faster than mine. I applied for my waiver November of 2016 and just got my approval December 2018, so just over 2 years! So brutal! I still haven't heard from the embassy yet but when I do, I will let you know! Good luck! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 6:35 AM, Lola2 said:

Haha I know what you mean! Well mine is a I-601 not I-601A and from my understanding yours is processing faster than mine. I applied for my waiver November of 2016 and just got my approval December 2018, so just over 2 years! So brutal! I still haven't heard from the embassy yet but when I do, I will let you know! Good luck! 😊

waiver on which ground?why so slow.Im Request for evidence after 14.5 months waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, ASBoston04 said:

Hi! Lola! Congrats! Did they give an interview date? When is it? We are waiting to hear from the Montréal consulate.  Our waiver was approved Jan 30 2019

Not yet, I needed to di another medical and background check, which I did last week. Once I have them then I need to send it to them via mail. Then I will get an interview date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×