Jump to content
santoki

G-1145 of i-130 - Applicant/Petitioner?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Can the G-1145 in an i-130 petition be filled out by either the beneficiary or the petitioner?

 

Is the applicant/petitioner the same person on this form or do they mean beneficiary OR petitioner?

Not a big deal but curious if the beneficiary is the one that can receive notifications/texts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, santoki said:

Can the G-1145 in an i-130 petition be filled out by either the beneficiary or the petitioner?

 

Is the applicant/petitioner the same person on this form or do they mean beneficiary OR petitioner?

Not a big deal but curious if the beneficiary is the one that can receive notifications/texts.

 

I believe they don’t care who receives the text or email. I remember filing the I-751 for my brother in law and I put his cell phone number and my email, so both of us have notifications when something happens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G1145 only does the initial notification.  After that you have to sign up on the app.  It doesn't matter who fills it out.  My husband filled it out for him and then I signed up on the website after the NOA1


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NikLR said:

G1145 only does the initial notification.  After that you have to sign up on the app.  It doesn't matter who fills it out.  My husband filled it out for him and then I signed up on the website after the NOA1

Oh ok sounds good. Were you the beneficiary or petitioner?

And, is there an app? Or just a website with a login once you receive your case file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, santoki said:

Oh ok sounds good. Were you the beneficiary or petitioner?

And, is there an app? Or just a website with a login once you receive your case file?

Just the website. There is no official or authorized mobile applications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, santoki said:

Oh ok sounds good. Were you the beneficiary or petitioner?

And, is there an app? Or just a website with a login once you receive your case file?

I was the beneficiary. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...