EnglishLove

Attending the k1 interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I know I'm a little ahead of myself since I'm still waiting for my NOA2 but I would love to attend my fiance's interview for our k1 visa in London. How long do you have to schedule the interview after getting a case number from the NVC? Thank you! 

18 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Hello,

I know I'm a little ahead of myself since I'm still waiting for my NOA2 but I would love to attend my fiance's interview for our k1 visa in London. How long do you have to schedule the interview after getting a case number from the NVC? Thank you! 

When I was able to book an interview the appointments were about 5/6 weeks away. I had enough time to schedule the medical and go get that done and then I left 2 weeks for them to send the results through to the embassy before my interview date - If you don't leave enough time then you might get held up getting the visa after the interview whilst they wait for the medical results.

K1 NOA1: 2018-01-26

K1 NOA2: 2018-08-06

NVC received: 2018-09-04

K1 Interview: 2018-11-14

K1 Visa in hand: 2018-11-22

POE: 2018-12-13

SSN application: 2019-01-08

Marriage: 2019-01-18 (the best bit!)

SSN in hand: 2019-01-28

AOS application: 2019-01-31

EAD application: 2019-01-31

AP application: 2019-01-31

AOS NOA1: 2019-02-14 

EAD NOA1: 2019-02-14

AP NOA1: 2019-02-14

BIOMETRICS: 2019-03-04

AOS Interview: 2020-02-06

AOS approved: 2020-02-06

Green Card in Hand: 2020-02-20

ROC packet sent: 2021-12-08

ROC Biometrics: 2022-01-29

Timeline
Just now, adamj7 said:

When I was able to book an interview the appointments were about 5/6 weeks away. I had enough time to schedule the medical and go get that done and then I left 2 weeks for them to send the results through to the embassy before my interview date - If you don't leave enough time then you might get held up getting the visa after the interview whilst they wait for the medical results.

Oh okay. So it seems then about a month out to schedule a flight and book a hotel. Thank you

3 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Oh okay. So it seems then about a month out to schedule a flight and book a hotel. Thank you

Yeah. When you go on to the site to book the interview it gives you possible options and will show the next available date, but of course you can choose a later one 

K1 NOA1: 2018-01-26

K1 NOA2: 2018-08-06

NVC received: 2018-09-04

K1 Interview: 2018-11-14

K1 Visa in hand: 2018-11-22

POE: 2018-12-13

SSN application: 2019-01-08

Marriage: 2019-01-18 (the best bit!)

SSN in hand: 2019-01-28

AOS application: 2019-01-31

EAD application: 2019-01-31

AP application: 2019-01-31

AOS NOA1: 2019-02-14 

EAD NOA1: 2019-02-14

AP NOA1: 2019-02-14

BIOMETRICS: 2019-03-04

AOS Interview: 2020-02-06

AOS approved: 2020-02-06

Green Card in Hand: 2020-02-20

ROC packet sent: 2021-12-08

ROC Biometrics: 2022-01-29

Timeline

Hey!

When I had my NOA2, medical appointments were 6 weeks out - they do fluctuate just like interviews. When our case went into 'transit' we booked our interview. We had a trip in August booked beforehand and were like, lets do the medical whilst we are in London which worked out great and thought lets worry about the interview the following month in September. I was in no rush to get to the US. There were interview dates available for the following week for interviews when I was hymming and haa'ing about what date I wanted. In the end, we  decided to leave a full month in between medical and interview to avoid want the whole, "oh here's a slip cause we don't have your medical yet". I wanted a clear 'congratulations, everything is in order' - which is what we got! 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
Just now, jakejon said:

Hey!

When I had my NOA2, medical appointments were 6 weeks out - they do fluctuate just like medicals. When our case went into 'transit' we booked our interview. We had a trip in August booked beforehand and were like, lets do the medical whilst we are in London which worked out great and thought lets worry about the interview the following month in September. I was in no rush to get to the US. There were interview dates available for the following week for interviews when I was hymming and haa'ing about what date I wanted. In the end, we  decided to leave a full month in between medical and interview to avoid want the whole, "oh here's a slip cause we don't have your medical yet". I wanted a clear 'congratulations, everything is in order' - which is what we got! 

That's awesome! I have to have time to let work know, and I also have to set up baby sitter's because I have two little kiddos so I need some time to prepare! I would love to be able to go to England and stay for a bit but a week at most is what I get lol.

Timeline

Aside from kids, that's the way Jake was. He ended up coming in August as we booked that mid year last year and he came in September for the interview. The CO was so kind, calling him up. He wanted me to do the interview alone lol (which was no prob I might add but she wanted him to be present)! But he did get the side eye in UK Immigration for coming back 4 weeks later.

It'll all work out for you! :D 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Aside from kids, that's the way Jake was. He ended up coming in August as we booked that mid year last year and he came in September for the interview. The CO was so kind, calling him up. He wanted me to do the interview alone LOL! But he did get the side eye in UK Immigration for coming back 4 weeks later.

It'll all work out for you! :D 

Congratulations on your approval!!! It is so expensive for last minute flights. My fiance visited me for 3 weeks and left mid January. I won"t get to see until he moves here or if I'm able to fly over there for the interview. And it's even more nerve wracking not knowing if he'll be approved based on his cautions but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Congratulations on your approval!!! It is so expensive for last minute flights. My fiance visited me for 3 weeks and left mid January. I won"t get to see until he moves here or if I'm able to fly over there for the interview. And it's even more nerve wracking not knowing if he'll be approved based on his cautions but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Just checked out your vj timeline - your so close to your predicted NOA2!! I really hope everything goes smoothly for you guys! It'll be fast pace once you get your NOA2! :D 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
7 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Just checked out your vj timeline - your so close to your predicted NOA2!! I really hope everything goes smoothly for you guys! It'll be fast pace once you get your NOA2! :D 

Yes, I am getting very close. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting an RFE because I didn't submit my entire divorce decree but I've already made a copy and have it ready to send off!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pooley said:

Hello,

You have a year. There is no rush to schedule. If four months have passed since the NOA2, London asks that you, the American, provide a new letter of intent for him to take to the interview. He also requests via a contact form if you plan to attend and your name gets put on the list. That comes after the interview is set.

Timeline
Just now, Wuozopo said:

You have a year. There is no rush to schedule. If four months have passed since the NOA2, London asks that you, the American, provide a new letter of intent for him to take to the interview. He also requests via a contact form if you plan to attend and your name gets put on the list. That comes after the interview is set.

Yes, I know I have some time but I love to be prepared and it's so hard to be away it's all I'm thinking about at the moment lol. So once he schedules his interview, I have to inform them that I will be attending?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Yes, I know I have some time but I love to be prepared and it's so hard to be away it's all I'm thinking about at the moment lol. So once he schedules his interview, I have to inform them that I will be attending?

That was the answer to your question of how long to you have to schedule an interview. You have up to a year...no immediate deadline. I wasn't commenting on your early planning. 

He informs them. He is the one with the interview.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

From the London website FAQs

Please provide the date of the appointment and the name of your U.S. citizen spouse or fiance(e) and arrangements will be made for them to be admitted to the Embassy.  They will be required to bring with them photo-id for presentation to Embassy personnel.  Children not applying for visas may accompany you also. If 12 or over, we will require their name and they will require photo-id. Please provide the required information through our contact form.

When completing the form,  please include your case number (e.g. LND2013XXXXXX). Failure to do so will delay our response.

Here's the contact form https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv_contact_form/

It says "spouse " but use it for fiancé too. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

From the London website FAQs

Please provide the date of the appointment and the name of your U.S. citizen spouse or fiance(e) and arrangements will be made for them to be admitted to the Embassy.  They will be required to bring with them photo-id for presentation to Embassy personnel.  Children not applying for visas may accompany you also. If 12 or over, we will require their name and they will require photo-id. Please provide the required information through our contact form.

When completing the form,  please include your case number (e.g. LND2013XXXXXX). Failure to do so will delay our response.

Here's the contact form https://uk.usembassy.gov/iv_contact_form/

It says "spouse " but use it for fiancé too. 

Thank you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.