Tvala

From F2B to F1 (AP 6month)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello there.
Last year 8 August Me, my unmarried mother and my brother-in law(5 years old) attend on interview(F2B). Everything went fine , but mine and my mother's marriage document was expired, also CO told us that he needs "acceptance of father" for my brother and gave us 221g Pink paper. We collect everything the same day and submit them all. Aproximately 2 weeks we waited after that they emailed us that they also need "F2B retention letter", but our lawyer lost it and we didn't find that letter. Then our status changed from F2B to F1 and our case transfered in citizen's raw. On 22 january we write them that our PD is current and we need case update, after 7 days on 29 january our case was updated and they also replied that we must wait SHORT TIME and they will give us instructions. After last answer 15days gone, but still no updates.

I don't understand is it good or bad after our interview my mother's case changed from READY to AP at the same day, but my brother's and my case is frozen on READY since interview date.
Aproximately 6months is gone after our interview and how do you think howlong time is medical valid 6months or year? I mean we must take a new one?

If someone had the case like ours or don't know can anyone give us any advice? What we gonna wait next? 

Untitled.png

P.S Sorry for bad English.

Edited by Tvala

I don’t understand the family relationships. Who is sponsoring you?

who is the principal beneficiary and who are the derivatives?

your mother is unmarried but has an expired marriage certificate?

who are you married to? (You say you also have an expired marriage certificate?)

how can you have a brother in law attached to the same case as you? Do you mean step-brother or half brother maybe?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don’t understand the family relationships. Who is sponsoring you?

who is the principal beneficiary and who are the derivatives?

your mother is unmarried but has an expired marriage certificate?

who are you married to?

how can you have a brother in law attached to the same case as you?

My grandmother is citizen and she sponsoring us.
Yes my mother is unmarried. We made marriage certificates a long time ago for interview, but as I said it expired and we made a new ones and submit them.
I'm single. Also my mother is single since 2003 year. 
We live together me, my mother and my brother.He attached to the same case as I'm because he is also son of my mother. what's problem here?

Edited by Tvala

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Step brother

How old are you?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Half brother, if also son of mother? Or is it son of ex husband but not her son?

I'm still confused about the marriage certificates if everyone is single. Why are they needed in the first place? I can see the mother might need a divorce (or death) certificate to show she is single but why does OP need a marriage certificate? 

I'm not trying to be difficult here, I’m just trying to figure out if the problem could be with the documents (which requires understanding what they are).

Back to one of the original questions, yes the medicals will expire after 6 months. The consulate will contact you to redo them before the visas are issued. No point in just going to redo them now when you don't know how much longer you might have to wait.

Timeline
10 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Half brother, if also son of mother? Or is it son of ex husband but not her son?

I'm still confused about the marriage certificates if everyone is single. Why are they needed in the first place? I can see the mother might need a divorce (or death) certificate to show she is single but why does OP need a marriage certificate? 

I'm not trying to be difficult here, I’m just trying to figure out if the problem could be with the documents (which requires understanding what they are).

Back to one of the original questions, yes the medicals will expire after 6 months. The consulate will contact you to redo them before the visas are issued. No point in just going to redo them now when you don't know how much longer you might have to wait.

Yes, he is my half brother, son of my mother not from her ex husband(my father).
Marriage document needed, because I think CO interested if my mother is in marriage or no. What's the difference between divorce certificate and marriage certificate if she is still in marriage in this certificate it will be shown right? if no no and that's all.
CO didn't say anything about divorce certificate if it needed we can bring it's not problem.

P.S As I mention my mother and my father divorced officialy in 2003 year.

Edited by Tvala

Well I guess Georgia convention is different then. Usually people bring marriage certificates when they are married, and divorce certificates to show that they have been divorced. As stipulated on the general official pages. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

“If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.”

You know what - I think I’m going to leave the rest of this up to someone else who hopefully can help you figure out what might be the issue. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Well I guess Georgia convention is different then. Usually people bring marriage certificates when they are married, and divorce certificates to show that they have been divorced. As stipulated on the general official pages. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

“If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.”

You know what - I think I’m going to leave the rest of this up to someone else who hopefully can help you figure out what might be the issue. 

Thank you for your time. I realy appreciate.

1 minute ago, Tvala said:

Is this a good news right? please someone answer.

Yes. It means they’re ready to issue, they just need the medicals and sponsor documents to be up to date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.