Flynn G

K-1 Interview checklist items question

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

On the list of items on the K-1 interview at Guangzhou it asks for:

"Online Registration Confirmation Page": Print and bring the online registration confirmation page after you register online with our authorized visa application service. When registering, you will be asked to provide us with information we need to return your passport to you after your interview. 

This is in addition to the DS-160 print out. When I signed up for the account on ustraveldocs.com there was no "confirmation page". Did anyone else figure out what this needs to be or how to get it?

I've attached the checklist for reference.

Flynn

K Visa Instructions-English DEC2018.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, Flynn G said:

Hello,

On the list of items on the K-1 interview at Guangzhou it asks for:

"Online Registration Confirmation Page": Print and bring the online registration confirmation page after you register online with our authorized visa application service. When registering, you will be asked to provide us with information we need to return your passport to you after your interview. 

This is in addition to the DS-160 print out. When I signed up for the account on ustraveldocs.com there was no "confirmation page". Did anyone else figure out what this needs to be or how to get it?

I've attached the checklist for reference.

Flynn

K Visa Instructions-English DEC2018.pdf

I saved the page on my computer after I completed the registration on the payment part. It has a barcode and lists the DS-160 number along with the address you are getting your passport shipped to. It says transaction confirmation on the top. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:29 AM, buttercup said:

That actually refers to your interview confirmation letter. it looks like this one 

visapic.jpg.53dcb48f2e6b22cae1b64c7c43297a14.jpg

Thank you. Then what is the first item on the check list that is the "Appointment Letter"? They ask for both the "Appointment Letter" and the "Online Registration Confirmation Page". Thanks!

Flynn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Flynn G said:

Thank you. Then what is the first item on the check list that is the "Appointment Letter"? They ask for both the "Appointment Letter" and the "Online Registration Confirmation Page". Thanks!

Flynn

I could be wrong. But from my understanding that one is the P4 letter emailed to you from Guangzhou Consult. That was exactly how I prepared-  p4 and the letter I had attached in my previous post, and I had no problem.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

also. I forgot to mention you need to bring the DS 160 confirmation letter. so together I prepared 3 "confirmation letters" P4+ DS160+ Interview Confirmation letter if that makes sense? 

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 12:37 PM, buttercup said:

I could be wrong. But from my understanding that one is the P4 letter emailed to you from Guangzhou Consult. That was exactly how I prepared-  p4 and the letter I had attached in my previous post, and I had no problem.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Do you actually need the P4 letter at the interview? The P4 letter instructions say "bring this letter to the medical exam" but they don't say say "bring this letter to the interview." Also, the P4 letter does not contain the CGI/UID number that is the key piece of information in the "online registration confirmation page" in the question above.

There's another thread on the general K1 forum from September 2018 in which @TomandQi writes that he contacted the Consulate in Guangzhou and was told that it was okay if his fiancee did not have a copy of the original CGI online confirmation page to bring with her to her interview, that the interview appointment letter fulfills this same requirement since it contains the UID number and barcode on it. 

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that the P4 letter is not what they are asking for when they ask for the appointment letter. The appointment letter is what you get once you've scheduled the interview through the CGI website. 

On 8/20/2019 at 5:01 AM, Hemutian said:

Do you actually need the P4 letter at the interview? The P4 letter instructions say "bring this letter to the medical exam" but they don't say say "bring this letter to the interview." Also, the P4 letter does not contain the CGI/UID number that is the key piece of information in the "online registration confirmation page" in the question above.

There's another thread on the general K1 forum from September 2018 in which @TomandQi writes that he contacted the Consulate in Guangzhou and was told that it was okay if his fiancee did not have a copy of the original CGI online confirmation page to bring with her to her interview, that the interview appointment letter fulfills this same requirement since it contains the UID number and barcode on it. 

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that the P4 letter is not what they are asking for when they ask for the appointment letter. The appointment letter is what you get once you've scheduled the interview through the CGI website. 

I just brought everything to CYA. If you have all the items, what harm is it to include an additional 2 pieces of paper to carry around?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.