CanadaCasey

Is there a delay in Notice of Actions for I-751 filers?

4 posts in this topic

I sent my package in (to Arizona) on January 8th, it got there January 10th. I still haven't received a Notice of Action and I'm starting to get a little worried. Did the government shut down slow things down - is anyone else experiencing delays?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

One of my friend sent hers to Texas I think at the beginning of December and still nothing 

germangirlintheusa.blogspot.com

~~~ mrandmrsBRS Visa journey ~~~

Service Center: Vermont

Embassy: Frankfurt/Germany

Marriage: 2014-12-30

I-130 sent: 2015-1-5

I-130 Noa 1: 2015-1-12

I-130 approved: 2015-6-10

Your I-130 was approved in 149 days from your NOA 1 date.

NVC: 2015-7-8

AOS bill: 2015-8-4

AOS P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

IV bill: 2015-9-15

IV P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

Case Complete: 2015-10-12 (2015-12-07)

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Medical: 2016-1-7

Interview Frankfurt: 2016-1-19 (called NVC 2015-12-14) APPROVED :dancing: :wub:

POE: 2016-2-9 ATL (Atlanta)

For reference for anyone else who looks here:

Today I called USCIS (800-375-5283) and got through to a human who was actually very friendly and helpful. I had mailed my package on Jan 8th, and I had tracking confirmation that it was accepted on Jan 10th, but it's Feb 6 now and no NOA in the mail. The person on the phone at USCIS confirmed that it was received on Jan 10th and told me that it was fully processed and in the system on Jan 14th. But then he said there was no record of a receipt (Notice of Action, Extension Letter) being sent, and no case number (I wanted a case number so that I could just look online instead of having to call in).  

He gave me a referral ID for my call, and he said he was putting a case in to resend the receipt, due to failure to send. He said it's even possible that it was put into the system, but that the process of the printers printing everything out and mailing it just didn't happen 😕

Neither he or my bank were able to confirm if they had cashed my cashier's check, but I have to assume that they would not have fully processed my case if they weren't paid to do it.  He said that now someone will be assigned to investigate my case as to why it was not sent, and that if I haven't heard back in 30 (THIRTY!?!) days that I should call again and use my reference ID. My green card expiry date is March 24th, so I'll probably be calling earlier than that. 

Also it seems like he really appreciated that I was nice and calm and happy on the phone with him. So keep that in mind if you call USCIS. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.