9 posts in this topic

Hello good people!

My friends had a first interview back in October 2018 and IO said to wait 60 days to get a result.

After 60 days they had an infopass to Portland office, the IO said he made a request for the second half of their paperwork since good chunk of it was missing.

Now they received a second notice to appear, but the letter looks really different from the first one.

It doesn't say its a Notice of action i-797 on top or anything like that, no bar code nothing,  but the content is he same. And on the bottom it says Applicant copy.

What would that be? Stoke interview? Or they just want to get the rest of staff from them? Do they need to do medical form again (they took original sealed envelope at the airport)? 

Any advise I'd appreciate 

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 minutes ago, huggoboss82 said:

Hello good people!

My friends had a first interview back in October 2018 and IO said to wait 60 days to get a result.

After 60 days they had an infopass to Portland office, the IO said he made a request for the second half of their paperwork since good chunk of it was missing.

Now they received a second notice to appear, but the letter looks really different from the first one.

It doesn't say its a Notice of action i-797 on top or anything like that, no bar code nothing,  but the content is he same. And on the bottom it says Applicant copy.

What would that be? Stoke interview? Or they just want to get the rest of staff from them? Do they need to do medical form again (they took original sealed envelope at the airport)? 

Thanks

we have seen way too many people come here asking for a friend, it is best you advise your FRIEND to sign up so that we have a better picture of the entire story in order to be able to provide ample advise.

Just now, little immigrant said:

Notice to appear? Are you sure that's the regular USCIS field office and not an immigration judge? 

It says: Request for applicant to appear for initial interview.

At the bottom after the actual date and time it says Applicant copy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, huggoboss82 said:

Hello good people!

Thanks

Did your friend call USCIS? You also mention there was a request made because half of their paperwork was missing. Was that an RFE

If they really got a notice for a second interview, the only way to find out what's going on is by attending the interview. But USCIS could be called before to possible gather some info if (s)he is that worried

Oh, and I agree with @Khallaf. If it's really for your friend, they are better of making their own profile and ask the question themselves to avoid any misinformation

Edited by C90

4 hours ago, C90 said:

Did your friend call USCIS? You also mention there was a request made because half of their paperwork was missing. Was that an RFE

If they really got a notice for a second interview, the only way to find out what's going on is by attending the interview. But USCIS could be called before to possible gather some info if (s)he is that worried

Oh, and I agree with @Khallaf. If it's really for your friend, they are better of making their own profile and ask the question themselves to avoid any misinformation

No RFE, just this letter. It's not even on the official form. 

It looks like print out.

Nothing changed on-line on the case status .

Timeline
Just now, huggoboss82 said:

No RFE, just this letter. It's not even on the official form. 

It looks like print out.

Nothing changed on-line on the case status .

Only one who can give you (or your friend) the right answer is USCIS. Best to just call them (only petitioner can call)

1 minute ago, C90 said:

Only one who can give you (or your friend) the right answer is USCIS. Best to just call them (only petitioner can call)

Thank you! 

Do they have interpreters on the phone (Her English is limited)?

Timeline
Just now, huggoboss82 said:

Thank you! 

Do they have interpreters on the phone (Her English is limited)?

Idk, never used one. If it's really that limited she could prob let her husband (he is USC right?) call and see if she can give him permission to discuss everything with him. She needs to be there in person while he calls.

Also, keep in mind it does happen that USCIS requests a second interview if they can't make decision based on the first one. It seems like your friend is a little worried that the letter doesn't actually come from USCIS, that's the only reason I would advise to call (to confirm there's a second interview) Online doesn't always update so that's not something to rely on

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.