Jump to content
Ethan & Shannon

K1 Interview Sydney Questions

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I have a K1 interview in Sydney on the last Tuesday of March. I noticed some people have requested an earlier interview after being assigned one, how did you go about this? I know it's not always possible but I thought it's worth a try if it's no harm.

 

Additionally, what did you bring as proof of income? At the moment I have my fiance's:

  • W2s 2016-2018, and am in the process of getting the most recent tax transcript
  • Stamped letter from his bank to show his savings account balance and when it was opened
  • Employment letter that states his hourly rate, start date, that he's a current employee, but not a salary (not a salary based job)
  • 3 months of pay stubs

 

Is this enough for the Sydney consulate and is there anything else I should bring for proof of income supporting documents?

 

Thanks!

Edited by Ethan & Shannon

event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ethan&Shannon. 

 

Im sorry I don't have any useful information for you rather some questions of my own for you. I hope thats ok. Mine and my fiancé's case is about two week behind yours, Ours was received on August 8th 2018 and we received our NOA2 on January8th 2019. However we were only just assigned our NVC Case # today (Feb 5th 2019)

 

I just had a few questions for you (again I hope you don't mind) :

 

- Did you have to contact the NVC? We received our NOA2 on Jan 8th and had to call yesterday (Feb 5th) to make sure they had received it from USCIS

- Did you receive an email/letter once your case had left the NVC?

- When were you able to make an appointment for your medical and do you know the cost?

 

Fingers crossed you get an earlier interview date!

 

 

Thanks :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, A&CplusOne said:

Hi Ethan&Shannon. 

 

Im sorry I don't have any useful information for you rather some questions of my own for you. I hope thats ok. Mine and my fiancé's case is about two week behind yours, Ours was received on August 8th 2018 and we received our NOA2 on January8th 2019. However we were only just assigned our NVC Case # today (Feb 5th 2019)

 

I just had a few questions for you (again I hope you don't mind) :

 

- Did you have to contact the NVC? We received our NOA2 on Jan 8th and had to call yesterday (Feb 5th) to make sure they had received it from USCIS

- Did you receive an email/letter once your case had left the NVC?

- When were you able to make an appointment for your medical and do you know the cost?

 

Fingers crossed you get an earlier interview date!

 

 

Thanks :)

 

 

Hi, no problem!

 

1. I emailed the NVC to update our email addresses, I later called them to get my case number. That was it (for K1)

2. I did get an email to say it had been shipped, I then followed the shipping on DHL. This is a quote from one of @Greenbaum's threads:

 

Tracking your case file that's in transit to your Embassy. Go to www.dhl.com click Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, and on this page you add your search information. You change the day and month to what you think your package might have left NVC or call NVC to get the date your package had left NVC in route to your Embassy then go to the DHL website and enter the following information:

 

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A  (This is the date you think it left NVC, just substitute the date and leave everything else as is)

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Manila (Works for any Country Just replace the city where the Embassy is located)

 

3. It depends on where you are in Australia with the medical, but I could book mine with just a case number in Brisbane. If you call the medical centre closest to you and ask them if you can book it with the case number they are usually fine with that. Make sure you have proof of MMR and TDaP vaccinations and have had the chickenpox before or the vaccination. The medical without vaccinations in Brisbane is $605 (AUD).

 

When my case arrived in Sydney my status on ceac.state.gov under immigrant visa was updated to 'ready' a day or so later. I then followed what this person did in this thread https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=23359 and emailed the embassy first (after doing the DS-160 and paying the MRV fees - make sure you screenshot your MRV fee receipt that has the barcode if paying online).

 

Additionally, this thread will be of great help to you https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693420-january-2019-k-1-noa2-nvc/. Read the first post on it for a really good idea of the process from now.

 

Also, it would be great if you could please update your timeline so other Aussies can get an idea of their case timings too :D. Good luck!

Edited by Ethan & Shannon

event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much!

 

I have no idea how to update my timeline (sorry newbie here :/)

 

Do you need proof if you had the chicken pox? I was 14 months when I had them thanks to my two older school going brothers ha!

 

 

I will go and checkout the links you posted :)

 

 

Amanda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A&CplusOne said:

Thank you so much!

 

I have no idea how to update my timeline (sorry newbie here :/)

 

Do you need proof if you had the chicken pox? I was 14 months when I had them thanks to my two older school going brothers ha!

 

 

I will go and checkout the links you posted :)

 

 

Amanda 

No worries :). If you go to the top right and click on the drop down and select 'My Timeline', you will then be directed to your timeline page where you can 'Edit/Add my entry'.

 

Most medical centres just need your verbal confirmation that you've had the chickenpox. You'll need proper proof for the other ones though.


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, A&CplusOne said:

Hi Ethan&Shannon. 

 

Im sorry I don't have any useful information for you rather some questions of my own for you. I hope thats ok. Mine and my fiancé's case is about two week behind yours, Ours was received on August 8th 2018 and we received our NOA2 on January8th 2019. However we were only just assigned our NVC Case # today (Feb 5th 2019)

 

I just had a few questions for you (again I hope you don't mind) :

 

- Did you have to contact the NVC? We received our NOA2 on Jan 8th and had to call yesterday (Feb 5th) to make sure they had received it from USCIS

- Did you receive an email/letter once your case had left the NVC?

- When were you able to make an appointment for your medical and do you know the cost?

 

Fingers crossed you get an earlier interview date!

 

 

Thanks :)

 

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

 

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

 

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

 

Thanks


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, A&CplusOne said:

Thank you so much!

 

 

14 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

No worries :). If you go to the top right and click on the drop down and select 'My Timeline', you will then be directed to your timeline page where you can 'Edit/Add my entry'.

 

Most medical centres just need your verbal confirmation that you've had the chickenpox. You'll need proper proof for the other ones though.

I'm assuming that @A&CplusOne is also processing her visa through Aus but without a completed profile it hard to tell. But, for both of you here is some information for your embassy and your visa process.

 

Read over this information and follow the instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ws5bsSQru7Axg8SthLUANj1kx5pm8QNG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKRc5bBmpL5fesrMAP1RRLwucTnjOB6Y/view?usp=sharing

 

Join the sub forum for Australia found here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

 

Last go to the top of this page and under the tab "portals" on the blue ribbon choose it and then search for your country. Lots of information there.

 

When executing your AFP be sure you use "You would choose the Commonwealth employment/Purpose for your Purpose Type and then Code 33 for Immigration/Citizenship as your Purpose of Check."


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

 

I'm assuming that @A&CplusOne is also processing her visa through Aus but without a completed profile it hard to tell. But, for both of you here is some information for your embassy and your visa process.

 

Read over this information and follow the instructions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ws5bsSQru7Axg8SthLUANj1kx5pm8QNG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKRc5bBmpL5fesrMAP1RRLwucTnjOB6Y/view?usp=sharing

 

Join the sub forum for Australia found here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/146-australia-and-new-zealand/

 

Last go to the top of this page and under the tab "portals" on the blue ribbon choose it and then search for your country. Lots of information there.

 

When executing your AFP be sure you use "You would choose the Commonwealth employment/Purpose for your Purpose Type and then Code 33 for Immigration/Citizenship as your Purpose of Check."

Thank you 😊 


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, Ethan & Shannon said:

Hi guys,

 

I have a K1 interview in Sydney on the last Tuesday of March. I noticed some people have requested an earlier interview after being assigned one, how did you go about this? I know it's not always possible but I thought it's worth a try if it's no harm.

 

Additionally, what did you bring as proof of income? At the moment I have my fiance's:

  • W2s 2016-2018, and am in the process of getting the most recent tax transcript
  • Stamped letter from his bank to show his savings account balance and when it was opened
  • Employment letter that states his hourly rate, start date, that he's a current employee, but not a salary (not a salary based job)
  • 3 months of pay stubs

 

Is this enough for the Sydney consulate and is there anything else I should bring for proof of income supporting documents?

 

Thanks!

Your supporting documents will be more than enough for the Affidavit of Support. The important things to have are a) most recent tax return/tax transcript b) employment letter c) pay stubs. Of course, having extra items won't hurt. We got approved last week (and received the visa today) and provided the following:

  • Signed/completed I-134 (scanned version is fine, original not required)
  • 2018 tax transcript
  • 4 months of pay stubs
  • Employment letter
  • Bank letter for checking account

And of course, make sure these items demonstrate income at 125% or more above the poverty line. 

Edited by beloved_dingo

03/01/2018 - I-129F Sent

03/05/2018 - I-129F NOA1 (old site)

03/08/2018 - I-129F NOA1 (new site)
09/14/2018 - I-129F NOA2 

10/16/2018 - NVC Received

10/21/2018 - Consulate Received 

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received

01/29/2019 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

02/05/2019 - Visa Received

##/##/2019 - U.S. Arrival

##/##/2019 - Married
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, A&CplusOne said:

Hi Ethan&Shannon. 

 

Im sorry I don't have any useful information for you rather some questions of my own for you. I hope thats ok. Mine and my fiancé's case is about two week behind yours, Ours was received on August 8th 2018 and we received our NOA2 on January8th 2019. However we were only just assigned our NVC Case # today (Feb 5th 2019)

 

I just had a few questions for you (again I hope you don't mind) :

 

- Did you have to contact the NVC? We received our NOA2 on Jan 8th and had to call yesterday (Feb 5th) to make sure they had received it from USCIS

- Did you receive an email/letter once your case had left the NVC?

- When were you able to make an appointment for your medical and do you know the cost?

 

Fingers crossed you get an earlier interview date!

 

 

Thanks :)

 

The cost of the medical in Melbourne was $620AUD/$450USD. My fiance had his medical on January 18th and the medical report arrived at the embassy after 5 business days (his interview was January 29th). 


03/01/2018 - I-129F Sent

03/05/2018 - I-129F NOA1 (old site)

03/08/2018 - I-129F NOA1 (new site)
09/14/2018 - I-129F NOA2 

10/16/2018 - NVC Received

10/21/2018 - Consulate Received 

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received

01/29/2019 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

02/05/2019 - Visa Received

##/##/2019 - U.S. Arrival

##/##/2019 - Married
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, beloved_dingo said:

Your supporting documents will be more than enough for the Affidavit of Support. The important things to have are a) most recent tax return/tax transcript b) employment letter c) pay stubs. Of course, having extra items won't hurt. We got approved last week (and received the visa today) and provided the following:

  • Signed/completed I-134 (scanned version is fine, original not required)
  • 2018 tax transcript
  • 4 months of pay stubs
  • Employment letter
  • Bank letter for checking account

And of course, make sure these items demonstrate income at 125% or more above the poverty line. 

Thank you! I have a question, my fiance's tax return transcripts are 1 page. Does this sound right? Just from what I've read, many seemed to imply theirs were multiple pages.


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

Thank you! I have a question, my fiance's tax return transcripts are 1 page. Does this sound right? Just from what I've read, many seemed to imply theirs were multiple pages.

This has been resolved, the tax transcripts are fine. 


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, beloved_dingo said:

The cost of the medical in Melbourne was $620AUD/$450USD. My fiance had his medical on January 18th and the medical report arrived at the embassy after 5 business days (his interview was January 29th). 

$505 for Brisbane if anyone is interested.

 

I think I read someone say that Sydney was $400-something.

 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:37 PM, Ethan & Shannon said:

Hi guys,

 

I have a K1 interview in Sydney on the last Tuesday of March. I noticed some people have requested an earlier interview after being assigned one, how did you go about this? I know it's not always possible but I thought it's worth a try if it's no harm.

 

 

 

I was thinking about this prior to getting my date. My plan was going to be that I would email the office the week before the interview date I was after, and see if there had been any cancellations (all you need is one).

The next two are on the 12th, and 26th.


I-129F NOA1: June 11, 2018

I-129F NOA2: December 17, 2018

NVC received: January 4, 2019

NVC ready: February 2, 2019 (consulate was emailed before receiving packet 3)

Medical: February 4, 2019

Interview: February 12, 2019 (approved in person)

Visa received: February 15, 2019

USA arrival: March 11, 2019

 

Looking to call USA numbers free? Download 'Google Hangouts' app and call any USA number free from ANY country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi David & Nicole, 

 

Thanks for the info. Was your fiancé based in Sydney? I'm from South Australia and there is no where to have a Medical here so I will be having mine in Sydney. Our immigration lawyer said I would have it 1 day before my interview but now I am skeptical about this (As you said it takes 5 business days for results). Im thinking I might need to make 2 seperate trips to Sydney... 1 for my medical and one for the actual interview. 

 

Any information would be great!

 

Also has anyone asked for an earlier date? I haven't even received an interview date but my fiancé is deploying overseas at the end of April and I'm getting worried all the Visa 'stuff' won't get mme there before then 😕

 

Thanks! 

Amanda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A&CplusOne said:

Hi David & Nicole, 

 

Thanks for the info. Was your fiancé based in Sydney? I'm from South Australia and there is no where to have a Medical here so I will be having mine in Sydney. Our immigration lawyer said I would have it 1 day before my interview but now I am skeptical about this (As you said it takes 5 business days for results). Im thinking I might need to make 2 seperate trips to Sydney... 1 for my medical and one for the actual interview. 

 

Any information would be great!

 

Also has anyone asked for an earlier date? I haven't even received an interview date but my fiancé is deploying overseas at the end of April and I'm getting worried all the Visa 'stuff' won't get mme there before then 😕

 

Thanks! 

Amanda 

1 day before is fine, that’s what they suggest for those in states without medical centres for this. However, I don’t know if it’s going to slow down your case as the results will take time. Personally I would call the medical centre and ask them how long their results take to get to the consulate. If you’re really time sensitive (which it sounds like you have perfect reasoning to be) it could be worth forking out the extra money to make 2 trips to Sydney if their results take more than a day to be finalised and get to the consulate. Maybe a trip to Sydney for the medical 2 weeks before the interview?

 

 


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy [149 days]

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview [244 days]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×