derrickmd18

Tourist Visa 3 months Philippines

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm going to Manila in june and I'm going to be there for 3 months for the birth of my child.  I'm going to book the round trip ticket but the return will be 3 months out.  Can I get a extended visa for there in the US before I go or do I do it there?  I know when I get there I get a 30 day visa  but i'm going to be there for 3 months so don't want to go there then they say I can't enter the country when I touch down because my return flight is so long out.

4 minutes ago, derrickmd18 said:

i'm going to Manila in june and I'm going to be there for 3 months for the birth of my child.  I'm going to book the round trip ticket but the return will be 3 months out.  Can I get a extended visa for there in the US before I go or do I do it there?  I know when I get there I get a 30 day visa  but i'm going to be there for 3 months so don't want to go there then they say I can't enter the country when I touch down because my return flight is so long out.

You could have to go to a consulate or the embassy to do that.

Are you married to a Filipina? If you are you could have her meet you in a different country then enter the Philippines together. Then you could get a balikbayan visa.

If that doesn't work sometimes they'll give you an extension stamp at the airport for a fee. Typically the Philippines is pretty relaxed with immigration as long as have funds and explain things. 

4 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

Where are you going to be staying? It fairly easy process to get a visa extension just as long as your not staying in a far away area.  They even have services that are ran by Americans who will do that for you for a small price.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

3 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

in metro manila.  

It should be easy to get an extension, Used to be if you did it in person you had to wear jeans, shorts were not allowed.  This was a few years ago when that rule was in effect, I don't know about now

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

If you are near an Bureau of Immigration office once in the Phils it is much easier to do once in the Phils (aside from the waiting in line ;) ) .   B-I offers a 59 day extension    You can also get the extension at the airport when you clear immigration - just ask and be ready to pay the fee.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you arrive they will automatically give you a 30 day stamp.  You can get an additional 30 day extension at the airport.  10 working days before the expiration of your visa, since you will be in Manila, you can go to the main BI office in Manila at Magallanes Dr., Intramuros and get another 30 day stamp.  This should cover the length of time you will be there.  Make sure you check the date you are flying back to the US because if you stay 1 day past that expiration date, you will have to get a whole 30 day extension.   When you arrive I strongly advise you to put the Grab app on your phone.  It's just like Uber.  You can avoid the hassle of dealing with the taxi drivers in the Philippines.  I currently live in the Philippines and have been here for over 3 years now.  This is just my "2 cents"

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

When you arrive they will automatically give you a 30 day stamp.  You can get an additional 30 day extension at the airport.  10 working days before the expiration of your visa, since you will be in Manila, you can go to the main BI office in Manila at Magallanes Dr., Intramuros and get another 30 day stamp.  This should cover the length of time you will be there.  Make sure you check the date you are flying back to the US because if you stay 1 day past that expiration date, you will have to get a whole 30 day extension.   When you arrive I strongly advise you to put the Grab app on your phone.  It's just like Uber.  You can avoid the hassle of dealing with the taxi drivers in the Philippines.  I currently live in the Philippines and have been here for over 3 years now.  This is just my "2 cents"

Bureau of Immigration does a 59 day extension

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Bureau of Immigration does a 59 day extension

Whenever I took a trip out of the Philippines and came back I get that initial stamp for a 30 day visa.  Then before the 30 days are up I go to the BI at the Marquee Mall here in Angeles City and I'm always told for my first extension I can only day a 30 day then my next extension I can do a 60 day.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Whenever I took a trip out of the Philippines and came back I get that initial stamp for a 30 day visa.  Then before the 30 days are up I go to the BI at the Marquee Mall here in Angeles City and I'm always told for my first extension I can only day a 30 day then my next extension I can do a 60 day.

I have done 59 day extensions at the airport upon arrival and I have gotten a 59 day extension at B~I at the end of the initial 30 day.  For the OP planning to be there for 90 days the 59 day extension works for his need.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Jay Jones said:

I find Taxi to be cheaper in most cases now of days at NAIA airport, vs Grab.  I was staying at a Hotel right in front of USEM.  I was paying about 270 peso to there from NAIA airport,  Grab was charging around 320 peso,  Not a big difference but nice to walk out and grab a cab and not have to mess with grab app

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I find Taxi to be cheaper in most cases now of days at NAIA airport, vs Grab.  I was staying at a Hotel right in front of USEM.  I was paying about 270 peso to there from NAIA airport,  Grab was charging around 320 peso,  Not a big difference but nice to walk out and grab a cab and not have to mess with grab app

Plus I find the taxi drivers funny as all get out. When I would tell them the hotel to take me to in order to meet my wife they would get mad because it was only 250 pesos drive away. So they then start to try to take me to a "better hotel" or a "really good bar where there are very pretty girls". Sorry but I am meeting my wife and I don't need to meet anyone but her. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.