Jump to content
derrickmd18

Tourist Visa 3 months Philippines

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i'm going to Manila in june and I'm going to be there for 3 months for the birth of my child.  I'm going to book the round trip ticket but the return will be 3 months out.  Can I get a extended visa for there in the US before I go or do I do it there?  I know when I get there I get a 30 day visa  but i'm going to be there for 3 months so don't want to go there then they say I can't enter the country when I touch down because my return flight is so long out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, derrickmd18 said:

i'm going to Manila in june and I'm going to be there for 3 months for the birth of my child.  I'm going to book the round trip ticket but the return will be 3 months out.  Can I get a extended visa for there in the US before I go or do I do it there?  I know when I get there I get a 30 day visa  but i'm going to be there for 3 months so don't want to go there then they say I can't enter the country when I touch down because my return flight is so long out.

You could have to go to a consulate or the embassy to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you married to a Filipina? If you are you could have her meet you in a different country then enter the Philippines together. Then you could get a balikbayan visa.

If that doesn't work sometimes they'll give you an extension stamp at the airport for a fee. Typically the Philippines is pretty relaxed with immigration as long as have funds and explain things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

i'm going to Manila in june and I'm going to be there for 3 months for the birth of my child.  I'm going to book the round trip ticket but the return will be 3 months out.  Can I get a extended visa for there in the US before I go or do I do it there?  I know when I get there I get a 30 day visa  but i'm going to be there for 3 months so don't want to go there then they say I can't enter the country when I touch down because my return flight is so long out.

Where are you going to be staying? It fairly easy process to get a visa extension just as long as your not staying in a far away area.  They even have services that are ran by Americans who will do that for you for a small price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, derrickmd18 said:

i'm going to Manila in june and I'm going to be there for 3 months for the birth of my child.  I'm going to book the round trip ticket but the return will be 3 months out.  Can I get a extended visa for there in the US before I go or do I do it there?  I know when I get there I get a 30 day visa  but i'm going to be there for 3 months so don't want to go there then they say I can't enter the country when I touch down because my return flight is so long out.

If you are near an Bureau of Immigration office once in the Phils it is much easier to do once in the Phils (aside from the waiting in line ;) ) .   B-I offers a 59 day extension    You can also get the extension at the airport when you clear immigration - just ask and be ready to pay the fee.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you arrive they will automatically give you a 30 day stamp.  You can get an additional 30 day extension at the airport.  10 working days before the expiration of your visa, since you will be in Manila, you can go to the main BI office in Manila at Magallanes Dr., Intramuros and get another 30 day stamp.  This should cover the length of time you will be there.  Make sure you check the date you are flying back to the US because if you stay 1 day past that expiration date, you will have to get a whole 30 day extension.   When you arrive I strongly advise you to put the Grab app on your phone.  It's just like Uber.  You can avoid the hassle of dealing with the taxi drivers in the Philippines.  I currently live in the Philippines and have been here for over 3 years now.  This is just my "2 cents"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

When you arrive they will automatically give you a 30 day stamp.  You can get an additional 30 day extension at the airport.  10 working days before the expiration of your visa, since you will be in Manila, you can go to the main BI office in Manila at Magallanes Dr., Intramuros and get another 30 day stamp.  This should cover the length of time you will be there.  Make sure you check the date you are flying back to the US because if you stay 1 day past that expiration date, you will have to get a whole 30 day extension.   When you arrive I strongly advise you to put the Grab app on your phone.  It's just like Uber.  You can avoid the hassle of dealing with the taxi drivers in the Philippines.  I currently live in the Philippines and have been here for over 3 years now.  This is just my "2 cents"

Bureau of Immigration does a 59 day extension


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Bureau of Immigration does a 59 day extension

Whenever I took a trip out of the Philippines and came back I get that initial stamp for a 30 day visa.  Then before the 30 days are up I go to the BI at the Marquee Mall here in Angeles City and I'm always told for my first extension I can only day a 30 day then my next extension I can do a 60 day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Whenever I took a trip out of the Philippines and came back I get that initial stamp for a 30 day visa.  Then before the 30 days are up I go to the BI at the Marquee Mall here in Angeles City and I'm always told for my first extension I can only day a 30 day then my next extension I can do a 60 day.

I have done 59 day extensions at the airport upon arrival and I have gotten a 59 day extension at B~I at the end of the initial 30 day.  For the OP planning to be there for 90 days the 59 day extension works for his need.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Jay Jones said:

When you arrive they will automatically give you a 30 day stamp.  You can get an additional 30 day extension at the airport.  10 working days before the expiration of your visa, since you will be in Manila, you can go to the main BI office in Manila at Magallanes Dr., Intramuros and get another 30 day stamp.  This should cover the length of time you will be there.  Make sure you check the date you are flying back to the US because if you stay 1 day past that expiration date, you will have to get a whole 30 day extension.   When you arrive I strongly advise you to put the Grab app on your phone.  It's just like Uber.  You can avoid the hassle of dealing with the taxi drivers in the Philippines.  I currently live in the Philippines and have been here for over 3 years now.  This is just my "2 cents"

 I find Taxi to be cheaper in most cases now of days at NAIA airport, vs Grab.  I was staying at a Hotel right in front of USEM.  I was paying about 270 peso to there from NAIA airport,  Grab was charging around 320 peso,  Not a big difference but nice to walk out and grab a cab and not have to mess with grab app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

 I find Taxi to be cheaper in most cases now of days at NAIA airport, vs Grab.  I was staying at a Hotel right in front of USEM.  I was paying about 270 peso to there from NAIA airport,  Grab was charging around 320 peso,  Not a big difference but nice to walk out and grab a cab and not have to mess with grab app

Plus I find the taxi drivers funny as all get out. When I would tell them the hotel to take me to in order to meet my wife they would get mad because it was only 250 pesos drive away. So they then start to try to take me to a "better hotel" or a "really good bar where there are very pretty girls". Sorry but I am meeting my wife and I don't need to meet anyone but her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×