6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this website and was hoping I could get some help. I'm currently filing the I-864 for my Wife's Adjustment of Status after the K1 visa.I got stuck on part 5 question7 and 8 about household size. In my situation I am living with my parents for the time being, I have added another I-864A for my father to be a co-sponsor. The previous questions ask about dependents that live in the house, But what if you don't have any other dependents but still have siblings that live in the same house but are not acting as sponsors, should you still include them in the final household size? For example in my household it is (Me <Main Sponsor>, Wife <intending immigrant> , Father <co-sponsor>, Mother <non-dependent>, Brother <non-dependent>), Would my household size be 5 even though I do not include my mother and brother in question 7? I'm sorry if this is a little confusing

1 minute ago, Evangeline_m said:

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this website and was hoping I could get some help. I'm currently filing the I-864 for my Wife's Adjustment of Status after the K1 visa.I got stuck on part 5 question7 and 8 about household size. In my situation I am living with my parents for the time being, I have added another I-864A for my father to be a co-sponsor. The previous questions ask about dependents that live in the house, But what if you don't have any other dependents but still have siblings that live in the same house but are not acting as sponsors, should you still include them in the final household size? For example in my household it is (Me <Main Sponsor>, Wife <intending immigrant> , Father <co-sponsor>, Mother <non-dependent>, Brother <non-dependent>), Would my household size be 5 even though I do not include my mother and brother in question 7? I'm sorry if this is a little confusing

Whoa. Looks like 4 to me.

You

Wife

Dad

Mom

Not sure where you get 7. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Unless your dad is financially responsible for more ppl than your mother...

Who makes 7 though?

He said five, in question 7. Fifth referring to the brother. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Evangeline_m said:

Hello everyone!

Your household size would be 3. You, your spouse, and your father. You would put a 1 in Item #7 for your father.

I-864 Instructions for Part 5: (bold and underlined by myself)

Item Number 7. This question gives you the option of including certain other non-dependent relatives who are living
in your residence as part of your household size. Such relatives may include your mother, father, sister, brother or adult
children, if they are living in your residence. However, the only reason to include these relatives in your household size
is if you need to include their income when you calculate your household income for purposes of meeting the income
requirement for this affidavit.
To be considered, any relative included in this category must sign and submit Form I-864A,
Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member.

Your mother and brother are not your dependents, and you are not using their income to meet the requirements. Therefore, you should not include them on your I-864.

Your father may need to include your mother and brother on his I-894.

Edited by junkmart

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.