Mr Genuis

Police certificate in South Korea

73 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, konio said:

Yes, I got that and sent a copy of both types to the NVC which were accepted. 

My attorney told me that NVC will accept the one which I got first, as foreigners are supposed to get only that one in Korea to submit somewhere.

Yeah that’s what i thought so. I went to 2 police stations and they gave me the same, 

55 minutes ago, konio said:

Hi,

Can you please advice whether we are supposed to bring the latest police clearance certificate (PCC)?

The PCC we submitted to NVC was dated in mid of Feb'2019, so during our interview, it will be less than 4 months old.

Can we use that during the interview, or we need the

I used my police certificate 2 weeks after i made it. If its 4 months. I will advices you to do a new one. It comes out same day less than 20 mins and its free.  Dont take the chance of rejection because of that. Get a new one done

1 minute ago, Mr Genuis said:

I used my police certificate 2 weeks after i made it. If its 4 months. I will advices you to do a new one. It comes out same day less than 20 mins and its free.  Dont take the chance of rejection because of that. Get a new one done

2 minutes ago, NLQ591 said:

Yes sir! Thank you for your kind advise. I plan to go to insadong police station before the day of my interview. I live down in daegu that’s why i spend 2 days in seoul when i had my initial appointment. Thank you very much and your kind advise is highly appreciated..

Its advisable to get it atleas a week. For unforseen circumstances. 

Hi, 

for POE what do you need to bring? Is it just the passport with the visa, vaccine paperwork, with the xrays? 

I thought i saw someone else say they had a sealed packet or a sealed medical packet but we didn’t get that back with the visa. It’s making me worried. 

The lady at the embassy did tell my husband that his stuff is all computerized so is that why he does not have any sealed packets? 

Edited by AMCEH

3 minutes ago, AMCEH said:

Hi, 

for POE what do you need to bring? Is it just the passport with the visa, vaccine paperwork, with the xrays? 

I thought i saw someone else say they had a sealed packet or a sealed medical packet but we didn’t get that back with the visa. It’s making me worried 

Its depend on the visa you applied for. 

7 minutes ago, AMCEH said:

Mine is CR1

Our case was cr1. They gave me a yellow packet with all my documents from the the we filed i130 till the the interview date. You are not allow to open it. If she said its computerised then for sure may be its a new law and perhaps she gave you a Disk or something with the recorded information. Have you received your passport already?

On 5/24/2019 at 1:31 AM, NLQ591 said:

I got no packet too. When we applied for dcf i130 in seoul, we just submitted it last april 26,2019, paid the fee and that’s it... hoping to hear from

them next week..

You dont et packet untill your i130 os approve they will send you packet 4 (instruction Packet) thats what will help you to put provide the documwnts needed for your interview.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, Mr Genuis said:

Hello Everyone, I am currently facing a challange here providing this document. I have every other documents ready for my interview except the correct police certicate. If you are in South Korea you will understand better. The korea police Agencies issue a police certificat without laps check. The consulate/embassy requested for a laps check. I have gone to 4 different agencies they all gave me same police certificate which is the wrong one. When i explained to them... each agency told me is illegal to get what am asking for to use for the visa purpose. And said what they give me is what the embassy should ask for. I am troubled. Any one recently mad a police certicate/clearance in south korea? 

Did the packet state that you need a police cert with a LAPSE CHECK? On the packet they sent me they have a sample photo of what i needed. One for a korean national and the other one for foreigners.. 

7D794D29-FFE5-4D07-8A67-2878657B9E18.png

14 hours ago, NLQ591 said:

Did the packet state that you need a police cert with a LAPSE CHECK? On the packet they sent me they have a sample photo of what i needed. One for a korean national and the other one for foreigners.. 

7D794D29-FFE5-4D07-8A67-2878657B9E18.png

Yeah. You need a police ertificate with lasped. The one with check reply. The other one will ve rejected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.