Mr Genuis

Police certificate in South Korea

73 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mr Genuis said:

I had 500 k with me in Korean won. But the fee in u.s dollas is 320 dollars

Can you pay by credit card or debit card or does it have to be cash/won? 

1 minute ago, AMCEH said:

Can you pay by credit card or debit card or does it have to be cash/won? 

Either of them is ok. But my case i had cash

1 minute ago, Mr Genuis said:

Either of them is ok. But my case i had cash

Because the dollar amount was 320 was it 320won? Or it equaled 500won? 

1 minute ago, AMCEH said:

Because the dollar amount was 320 was it 320won? Or it equaled 500won? 

You can convert it to get the actual amount in dollars. Dollas fluctuate. You can go with 500 k as well but you wont spend it all. No 320 dollars is not equall to 320 dolllars. 

1 minute ago, Mr Genuis said:

You can convert it to get the actual amount in dollars. Dollas fluctuate. You can go with 500 k as well but you wont spend it all. No 320 dollars is not equall to 320 dolllars. 

Thank you so much! 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:34 AM, Mr Genuis said:

Thank you for the information and congratulations (hope you already have your visa in hand).

Previously, you also provided very specific and important information to help us.

Really appreciate that.

So, we are supposed to pay IV fee to NVC and again 320$ to the embassy as interview fee!

We are 3 (including my wife and son) who will attend the interview, so we have to pay $320*3 = $960 at the embassy before interview? Or just $320 for all of us?

Thank you again.

23 minutes ago, konio said:

Thank you for the information and congratulations (hope you already have your visa in hand).

Previously, you also provided very specific and important information to help us.

Really appreciate that.

So, we are supposed to pay IV fee to NVC and again 320$ to the embassy as interview fee!

We are 3 (including my wife and son) who will attend the interview, so we have to pay $320*3 = $960 at the embassy before interview? Or just $320 for all of us?

Thank you again.

Well. First of all i didnt go through NVC. My case was directly with the consulate. Yes 320 is for each Applicant. You pay ones either through NVC or at the Consulate. Yes i had my visa. 

1 hour ago, Mr Genuis said:

Well. First of all i didnt go through NVC. My case was directly with the consulate. Yes 320 is for each Applicant. You pay ones either through NVC or at the Consulate. Yes i had my visa. 

Thank you for your reply. As we have paid it to the NVC, we will not required to pay at embassy.

We have to do courier service registration and Bio-metric (fingerprint) at the embassy just before interview, right?

Or  courier service registration can be done online previously?

Thanks...

10 minutes ago, konio said:

Thank you for your reply. As we have paid it to the NVC, we will not required to pay at embassy.

We have to do courier service registration and Bio-metric (fingerprint) at the embassy just before interview, right?

Or  courier service registration can be done online previously?

Thanks...

You do your courier service registration online. Yes you gonna fill up your Current Address. They did my biometric at the embassy.

Hi,

Can you please advice whether we are supposed to bring the latest police clearance certificate (PCC)?

The PCC we submitted to NVC was dated in mid of Feb'2019, so during our interview, it will be less than 4 months old.

Can we use that during the interview, or we need the latest one?

Thanks in advance.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, konio said:

I have visited that agent but after listening the purpose of it, they refused to issue.

They informed, such certificate is for personal record only and illigal to submit anywhere.

Although other nearby agency issued me that but I am not going to submit it to NVC.

I have regular one which is issued for visa purpose and I will use that.

Hope they may be able to understand and accept that.

Thank you for your kind help and information.

Wishing you best of luck.

Were you able to get the RIGHT police certificate? Dis the embassy accept the ONE that you have gotten first?

21 minutes ago, NLQ591 said:

Were you able to get the RIGHT police certificate? Dis the embassy accept the ONE that you have gotten first?

Yes, I got that and sent a copy of both types to the NVC which were accepted. 

My attorney told me that NVC will accept the one which I got first, as foreigners are supposed to get only that one in Korea to submit somewhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.