Jump to content
forevercurious

Waiver Request for Multiple Filers

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

wanted to know if anyone here was able to share there experiences about requesting a waiver when filing for a I-129f for the second time.

 

we are both considering it ourselves (doing the K1 for the second time). it would be the same petitioner filing for me though, because we still wish to marry.

 

I do have some worries though. i abandoned my K-1 visa before the 90 days were up (went to America, but we didn't marry), and even though i do have a legitimate reason (which I don't want to share on here... it's quite personal) i'm concerned that our waiver/explanation/I-129f will not be accepted. it has nothing to do with a death or any health reasons so we don't know what our chances are at succeeding with this and being accepted. i am willing to explain why i left though as i'm sure they'll ask.

 

does anyone here have any experiences, good or bad? about filing for a 2nd K-1, in less then 2 years? but with the same person? we both have clean records too. Will a lawyer be needed?

 

Thanx!

Edited by forevercurious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, forevercurious said:

Hi all,

 

wanted to know if anyone here was able to share there experiences about requesting a waiver when filing for a I-129f for the second time.

 

 

 

Thanx!

You don't need a waiver for your second K-1 filing, but for your third or more. 

If this is your third, I would get a lawyer, but then i would get a lawyer if any waiver is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wxman22 said:

You don't need a waiver for your second K-1 filing, but for your third or more. 

If this is your third, I would get a lawyer, but then i would get a lawyer if any waiver is needed.

Thanks for your help. this is my second but I've heard if you've been accepted in the last 2 years a waiver is required. my main concern is whether we'll get denied of course. I do have a good reason why i abandoned my first one but it's complicated. I heard that even if it is for the same person requesting a waiver and including an explanation is favorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forevercurious said:

Thanks for your help. this is my second but I've heard if you've been accepted in the last 2 years a waiver is required. my main concern is whether we'll get denied of course. I do have a good reason why i abandoned my first one but it's complicated. I heard that even if it is for the same person requesting a waiver and including an explanation is favorable.

Sorry, I missed that it is within two years. 

then, I think you will need waiver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×