M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

So, we have the DS-160 almost ready and a lot of things gathered.  Should we wait until it is "ready" at the embassy before we print and prep anything?  I know we have to wait for the medical and the certificate, but wondering if we could be doing something.

I personally think you should wait until is ready or the embassy email.

Edited by andreaam

Just now, andreaam said:

I think you should wait until is ready or the embassy email

Thank you!  did you ever use the DHL shipment tracking?  The reason why I asked is because I did use it and it shows as "one piece" on the way to Argentina.  How would I know if that is in fact our case?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thank you!  did you ever use the DHL shipment tracking?  The reason why I asked is because I did use it and it shows as "one piece" on the way to Argentina.  How would I know if that is in fact our case?

So, let me see if I understood correctly, your case left NVC? Is in transit to the embassy? If they told you the case was being transfer then that 'one piece' is yours. If they didn't tell you your case is in transit, then that's someone else case.

You can check through this website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx (inmigrant visa option and then put your BNS number) to see the status

Edited by andreaam

3 minutes ago, andreaam said:

So, let me see if I understood correctly, your case left NVC? Is in transit to the embassy? If they told you the case was being transfer then that 'one piece' is yours. If they didn't tell you your case is in transit, then that's someone else case.

You can check through this website https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx (inmigrant visa option and then put your BNS number) to see the status

Yes, I got an e-mail yesterday saying that it had been shipped (even though until Monday when I called they still "hadn't received my case").  Plus, I went to the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx  before and did as you described, which showed my case as below:

image.png.71fd6122282a948ff014fc0a15bf2218.png

Then, this prompted me to do the DHL tracking per what Greenbaum said in his instructions and it showed this:

image.png.acc6d42349216d7c0fe43bf771815bf5.png

I removed the personal information for security.  But, wanted to add snips so people are familiar with what it looks like. :) 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline
Just now, Fe.Ta said:

Yes, I got an e-mail yesterday saying that it had been shipped (even though until Monday when I called they still "hadn't received my case").  Plus, I went to the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx  before and did as you described, which showed my case as below:

image.png.71fd6122282a948ff014fc0a15bf2218.png

Then, this prompted me to do the DHL tracking per what Greenbaum said in his instructions and it showed this:

image.png.acc6d42349216d7c0fe43bf771815bf5.png

I removed the personal information for security.  But, wanted to add snips so people are familiar with what it looks like. :) 

So yes, that should be your case coming to Buenos Aires :) 

1 minute ago, andreaam said:

So yes, that should be your case coming to Buenos Aires :) 

HOORAY!  Thank you! :)  It should be there by tomorrow end of the day! AAAHHH!! 🤩:dance: Have you decided on dates yet for coming to the U.S.?  Don't mean to pry.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
20 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I know the 'Acta de Nacimiento' is needed for AOS but I don't know if it needs to be translated. In the embassy interview, when I showed my Acta, the consul told me to take it with me with the US because I'll need it later. They just told me to take it with me and didn't mention about apostilled.

Hi

I did that for my Sentencia de Divorcio (for the 129F) and already done for future AOS. Apostilled (aka, Sellado x del Ministerio del Interior y luego x Cancilleria).

I translated the docs and signed by a friend, so not no need to pay a notary for that. Let me know if you want more details

Saludos

Fer

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

HOORAY!  Thank you! :)  It should be there by tomorrow end of the day! AAAHHH!! 🤩:dance: Have you decided on dates yet for coming to the U.S.?  Don't mean to pry.

I'm still looking, haven't purchase a flight yet. But I have to wait until the end of May because of some work responsabilities and then mid June I have my school graduation (I graduated last december from college) and my parents want to see me receiving the diploma. So I don't know, I want to go right now because I miss my fiance so much but then I have a couple things to be done with here before leaving :( 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fer&Nancy said:

Hi

I did that for my Sentencia de Divorcio (for the 129F) and already done for future AOS. Apostilled (aka, Sellado x del Ministerio del Interior y luego x Cancilleria).

I translated the docs and signed by a friend, so not no need to pay a notary for that. Let me know if you want more details

Saludos

Fer

Good to know! I'll ask to our lawyer friend in the US if he know a little bit more about it.

Just now, andreaam said:

I'm still looking, haven't purchase a flight yet. But I have to wait until the end of May because of some work responsabilities and then mid June I have my school graduation (I graduated last december from college) and my parents want to see me receiving the diploma. So I don't know, I want to go right now because I miss my fiance so much but then I have a couple things to be done with here before leaving :( 

Aww, I hear you.  But, those are some exciting celebrations too.  Plus, you will have the rest of your life to be with him! :)  Also, FYI, airplane tickets tend to be cheaper when you buy them 4-6-8 weeks out.  Maybe if you have an idea of when you CAN leave (i.e. late July), then you can search for those dates and see if it is cheaper to buy now or early June.  :)  Try using the +/-3 days search and fly mid-week.  Another tip:  Tuesdays at 3PM or midnight are cheaper prices.  Use the "incognito window" in Google to do your search so the prices don't jump up when the website recognizes your IP address when you use the regular window for browsing.  :) Happy buying!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Aww, I hear you.  But, those are some exciting celebrations too.  Plus, you will have the rest of your life to be with him! :)  Also, FYI, airplane tickets tend to be cheaper when you buy them 4-6-8 weeks out.  Maybe if you have an idea of when you CAN leave (i.e. late July), then you can search for those dates and see if it is cheaper to buy now or early June.  :)  Try using the +/-3 days search and fly mid-week.  Another tip:  Tuesdays at 3PM or midnight are cheaper prices.  Use the "incognito window" in Google to do your search so the prices don't jump up when the website recognizes your IP address when you use the regular window for browsing.  :) Happy buying!

Yes, they are happy celebrations but at the same time is kind of crazy we were so lucky in this process and now that we have everything done we have to wait. But we will see. I plan to leave the next day of the graduation so my parents will be in Cordoba already (they live in another city 200km far from Cordoba)

'incognito window' is the best, I also useTurismoCity app, it gave me a lot of deals in the past but not right now. Is matter of waiting and keep looking!

2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Yes, they are happy celebrations but at the same time is kind of crazy we were so lucky in this process and now that we have everything done we have to wait. But we will see. I plan to leave the next day of the graduation so my parents will be in Cordoba already (they live in another city 200km far from Cordoba)

'incognito window' is the best, I also useTurismoCity app, it gave me a lot of deals in the past but not right now. Is matter of waiting and keep looking!

I hear you! :)  Thanks for the app.  I might have my fiancee try that one.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

Hello guys @andreaam you already did the medical exam if yes can you explain the 2 envelopes to me I'm a little bit confused about those 2 I did it with doctor Grillo. When is open a copy of (vaccination documentation worksheet + Rayos X) and the second is close tightly

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lou&Don said:

Hello guys @andreaam you already did the medical exam if yes can you explain the 2 envelopes to me I'm a little bit confused about those 2 I did it with doctor Grillo. When is open a copy of (vaccination documentation worksheet + Rayos X) and the second is close tightly

The one that is closed tightly is the one you have to take with you to the embassy interview (btw when is it?) and then the vaccination record is for you to have a proof and the RayosX you don't have to bring it to the interview but you do have to have it with you when you entry the US (have it in your backpack or carry-on, not checked luggage) 

Tell me if I explained myself.

33 minutes ago, Fer&Nancy said:

Hi

Saludos

Fer

Yes, we also got his divorce decree apostilled and translated for the I-129F and to present for marriage in NYC. Was wondering if we also need his Acta apostilled for use abroad (particularly for AOS) as it's a civil document from a foreign country.

The one he has is the original from his birth year, laminated, with all the stamps and signatures. Do we need to get an updated copy?

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.