Jump to content

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Visa Journey people.

 

Does anybody have any idea why the Nebraska Service Center is so slow compared to the other?

 

When i look at the current processing times:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

 

All the 4 other service centers is in June, but Nebraska Service Center has been in April for a while now.

 

Just wondering and waiting for it to hit late May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello Visa Journey people.

 

Does anybody have any idea why the Nebraska Service Center is so slow compared to the other?

 

When i look at the current processing times:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

 

All the 4 other service centers is in June, but Nebraska Service Center has been in April for a while now.

 

Just wondering and waiting for it to hit late May.

Could be anything. More workload, less employees or both. Where you a Nebraska filer from the start or was your file forwarded from Cali to Nebraska?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexDRavn92 said:

I was a Nebraska filer from the start.

Then it could be anything. Reason I asked is because Vermont is a SC that processes cases that got a hit in the background check, but Nebraska is probably just less staff then other SC's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, C90 said:

Then it could be anything. Reason I asked is because Vermont is a SC that processes cases that got a hit in the background check, but Nebraska is probably just less staff then other SC's

Yeah probably.


It's just frustating when i check the current processing dates here on Visa Journey, and it says april 30th, then when i check a week later it went back to 21st april.

But applying for a green card is definitely a patience game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexDRavn92 said:

Yeah probably.


It's just frustating when i check the current processing dates here on Visa Journey, and it says april 30th, then when i check a week later it went back to 21st april.

But applying for a green card is definitely a patience game.

I get ya! In the same process now, but I hang on the fact that at least I'm in the US waiting (K1er)

 

Also don't hang on the VJ processing times too much. They're estimates based on other timelines. Since a lot of people simply don't update their timeline it's not very accurate and keeps jumping around. Your best bet is to check the processing times on the USCIS website, but those are estimates too (but a little more accurate estimates)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, C90 said:

I get ya! In the same process now, but I hang on the fact that at least I'm in the US waiting (K1er)

 

Also don't hang on the VJ processing times too much. They're estimates based on other timelines. Since a lot of people simply don't update their timeline it's not very accurate and keeps jumping around. Your best bet is to check the processing times on the USCIS website, but those are estimates too (but a little more accurate estimates)

Oh that is nice at least. But you can't work while you wait can you?

Yeah me and my wife (The us citizen) is living together abroad in Denmark, so we are just waiting.
At least we can just save up a lot money while we wait.

 

So i actually tried to look at those times at USCIS website, but honestly i could never figure them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexDRavn92 said:

Oh that is nice at least. But you can't work while you wait can you?

Yeah me and my wife (The us citizen) is living together abroad in Denmark, so we are just waiting.
At least we can just save up a lot money while we wait.

 

So i actually tried to look at those times at USCIS website, but honestly i could never figure them out.

Nope, still waiting for my EAD and AP to come in, hopefully in a month or so (filed September 2018, GC will take 1+ year so it's nice if I have the EAD and AP so I can start working) That's the big pro with CR-1, you'll get your 2 year GC right away and will be able to work, get your DL etc. We didn't do that cause at the time we filed it was about 3-6 months longer then K1 and I was done being away from each other.

 

So reading the table is pretty simple (tools - case processing times - I-130 - Nebraska SC) :

 

7.5 Months to 9.5 Months <--- current estimate on processing time from NOA1 till NOA2 for U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21

April 13, 2018 <--- Inquiry date, meaning if you filed your application on or before this date and you still didn't get an approval or denial (USCIS stage) you can request an inquiry.

Edited by C90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C90 said:

Nope, still waiting for my EAD and AP to come in, hopefully in a month or so (filed September 2018, GC will take 1+ year so it's nice if I have the EAD and AP so I can start working) That's the big pro with CR-1, you'll get your 2 year GC right away and will be able to work, get your DL etc. We didn't do that cause at the time we filed it was about 3-6 months longer then K1 and I was done being away from each other.

 

So reading the table is pretty simple (tools - case processing times - I-130 - Nebraska SC) :

 

7.5 Months to 9.5 Months <--- current estimate on processing time from NOA1 till NOA2 for U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21

April 13, 2018 <--- Inquiry date, meaning if you filed your application on or before this date and you still didn't get an approval or denial (USCIS stage) you can request an inquiry.

Oh that's awesome. Didn't know that.

 

Yeah we lived here in Denmark for 3 years now, and she want's to move back to the US.

We also tried one year apart, when we were applying for family reunification for her to live in Denmark.

We just filed for a CR-1 because we planned on moving summer 2019, and thought if we did it early we will make it. But it's getting closer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Oh that's awesome. Didn't know that.

 

Yeah we lived here in Denmark for 3 years now, and she want's to move back to the US.

We also tried one year apart, when we were applying for family reunification for her to live in Denmark.

We just filed for a CR-1 because we planned on moving summer 2019, and thought if we did it early we will make it. But it's getting closer.

 

Yeah it takes a while but its worth it. Def don't plan anything specific while waiting, USCIS is sometimes a big black hole when it comes to processing times. When did you file? I think it takes about 1-1,5 years from NOA1 till visa in hand with CR1. Hope you get it soon and we can welcome you to the US!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, C90 said:

Yeah it takes a while but its worth it. Def don't plan anything specific while waiting, USCIS is sometimes a big black hole when it comes to processing times. When did you file? I think it takes about 1-1,5 years from NOA1 till visa in hand with CR1. Hope you get it soon and we can welcome you to the US!

So my NOA1 date was May 21st i think. 

So hopefully i get my NOA 2 in february, and i already have all the papers for the next step ready, so i can get that done as quickly as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×