mangy

221 G after K1 Interview in Mumbai

691 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Tara and Rohit 221g: Day 29-- After submission of documents

Our status changed to "Ready" as of 04/09/19 and we had another date change as of 04/15/19. Still Immigrant Status. 

P.S. Had to change my estimated wedding date from May 4th to June 30th (Just in case).

That's it for us...

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, An&Ak said:

What they told...?

23 hours ago, ujones said:

@Rahul thakur, have you tried calling or emailing them ? 

I called they they said it's 57th day n call us after 60 that's it n after this they 'll contact me 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My passport reached the consulate on April 9th and the case was updated on that day to reflect administrative processing. Radio silence since. You think they have made us wait enough but apparently not. I was pretty thrilled that they asked for my passport in 3 days of submitting documents so I allowed myself to get a bit too excited. Oh well! 

4 hours ago, AAAA27 said:

My passport reached the consulate on April 9th and the case was updated on that day to reflect administrative processing. Radio silence since. You think they have made us wait enough but apparently not. I was pretty thrilled that they asked for my passport in 3 days of submitting documents so I allowed myself to get a bit too excited. Oh well! 

Exactly... we were so excited when they asked for passport in a week of submitting docs. By following other vj members most got their visa in 10-12 days of submitting passport. Unfortunately our batch is running against the norm. So waiting is all we can do while trying to be optimistic 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ujones said:

Exactly... we were so excited when they asked for passport in a week of submitting docs. By following other vj members most got their visa in 10-12 days of submitting passport. Unfortunately our batch is running against the norm. So waiting is all we can do while trying to be optimistic 

Sending good vibes your way. Came this far, we got this! I know the consulate is closed tomorrow for Good Friday so at least it will be a break from incessantly checking the status. Good luck!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

Sending good vibes your way. Came this far, we got this! I know the consulate is closed tomorrow for Good Friday so at least it will be a break from incessantly checking the status. Good luck!

Will it though? I don't know about you guys but if I don't check it multiple times a day, every day, I feel like I'm going crazy! :lol:

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Will it though? I don't know about you guys but if I don't check it multiple times a day, every day, I feel like I'm going crazy! :lol:

Haha I feel ya---I know I say I need a break, but I am not sure I believe myself :lol:

17 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

I had totally forgotten that tomorrow is a holiday for embassy. Thanks for reminding that. So now nothing to look forward for 3days. 

10 minutes ago, AAAA27 said:

Haha I feel ya---I know I say I need a break, but I am not sure I believe myself :lol:

@AAAA27 @Tara & Rohit, after reading many reviews after our interview I kind of came to the assumption that it’s easier to get visa approved with a female CO than with male CO. I don’t mean gender discrimination here but trend seems like so. Who was ur CO @AAAA27?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ujones said:

I had totally forgotten that tomorrow is a holiday for embassy. Thanks for reminding that. So now nothing to look forward for 3days. 

See THAT'S the reaction I was expecting haha

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ujones said:

@AAAA27 @Tara & Rohit, after reading many reviews after our interview I kind of came to the assumption that it’s easier to get visa approved with a female CO than with male CO. I don’t mean gender discrimination here but trend seems like so. Who was ur CO @AAAA27?

I had a male CO and a very rude and impatient one at that. He spoke to me for 10 seconds and just asked who was the petitioner and where he lived-that's it. Seems like he was ready to handover the 221g slip irrespective of what I said. Have traveled to the US multiple times and not once have I had a bad experience at the consulate so this one was hard to digest.

Timeline
1 minute ago, AAAA27 said:

I had a male CO and a very rude and impatient one at that. He spoke to me for 10 seconds and just asked who was the petitioner and where he lived-that's it. Seems like he was ready to handover the 221g slip irrespective of what I said. Have traveled to the US multiple times and not once have I had a bad experience at the consulate so this one was hard to digest.

Sounds familiar... I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same guy!

My attorney is convinced that our CO either didn't know what he was doing or didn't actually have the authority to approve the visa.

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

1 minute ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Sounds familiar... I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same guy!

My attorney is convinced that our CO either didn't know what he was doing or didn't actually have the authority to approve the visa.

@Tara & Rohit, he was very arrogant & rude. Even though he let me stay with my fiancé with strict instructions not to say a word after 2-3 mts I could not stay there listening to the way he was questioning my fiancé. Very rude & disrespectful. Why would they hve him there if he had no authority to approve visa ? I felt like he was determined to give 221g to us & I know another couple who went after us got the same too. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Tara & Rohit, he was very arrogant & rude. Even though he let me stay with my fiancé with strict instructions not to say a word after 2-3 mts I could not stay there listening to the way he was questioning my fiancé. Very rude & disrespectful. Why would they hve him there if he had no authority to approve visa ? I felt like he was determined to give 221g to us & I know another couple who went after us got the same too. 

He said it happens more than you'd think. Especially in AOS interviews in local US offices. He'll go to interviews with his clients and when he asks why there's a request of information or questioning anything, he right away asks for the supervisor. The CO office will admit that they don't have the authority.

If the day we had interviews was one of the busiest days and they need to to get through everyone as quickly as possible, they could have just grabbed someone and said "just interview and move on"

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

12/05/19 - Interview Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.