ShivS

another question about Income

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 11:43 AM, pushbrk said:

For two people, that income is sufficient.  No affidavit of support or income documentation is sent with the I-130.  That all comes at the NVC stage after the I-130 is approved.

Hi, I have a question. My spouse has an annual income of 30,000$ but his recent w2 from employer shows his income as 24,000$ since he got ill and could not work for several weeks as he was advised rest. Would 24,000$ in his w2 be enough?? Also he has 10,000$ savings in bank account. There are just two of us,no kids. Do you think the CO would ask for a joint sponsor? We already have an interview date next month.

Edited by ssgg

• Ban Hammer changed the title to another question about Income

Based on your posting, you should be okay. To be sure, here is a great tool for 2019.

https://rapidvisa.com/cr1-visa-requirements/

Edited by C&AH

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, ssgg said:

Hi, I have a question. My spouse has an annual income of 30,000$ but his recent w2 from employer shows his income as 24,000$ since he got ill and could not work for several weeks as he was advised rest. Would 24,000$ in his w2 be enough?? Also he has 10,000$ savings in bank account. There are just two of us,no kids. Do you think the CO would ask for a joint sponsor? We already have an interview date next month.

Probably OK.  However, the W2 is about the past.  He'll qualify based on his "current income" which is documented by a pay stub.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Probably OK.  However, the W2 is about the past.  He'll qualify based on his "current income" which is documented by a pay stub.  

Thanks for the reply. He recieved  the w2 few days back. And we had submitted just his paystubs and employer letter which reflected his annual earnings (30,000)at NVC. But as he didnt work for some weeks his latest w2 shows the actual pay he earned(24,000). Should we show the w2 at the interview? His previous income was below 20,000$. I am confused what to do. 

Edited by ssgg

Timeline
15 hours ago, ssgg said:

Thanks for the reply. He recieved  the w2 few days back. And we had submitted just his paystubs and employer letter which reflected his annual earnings (30,000)at NVC. But as he didnt work for some weeks his latest w2 shows the actual pay he earned(24,000). Should we show the w2 at the interview? His previous income was below 20,000$. I am confused what to do. 

His W2 is about the past.  It's the total for 2018.  The "past" is the opposite of "current".  What to do, is to get your husband to come here and ask his own questions.  If he didn't submit at least one complete tax return, he isn't finished submitting the Affidavit of Support anyway.  Nothing against foreigners. I'm a foreigner where I live.  However, foreigners seldom understand enough about how things work in the US, to deal with the affidavit of support.  Often the US Citizens don't either.  That you aren't understanding what I already told you about the past and current, indicates HE needs to be asking the questions here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

His W2 is about the past.  It's the total for 2018.  The "past" is the opposite of "current".  What to do, is to get your husband to come here and ask his own questions.  If he didn't submit at least one complete tax return, he isn't finished submitting the Affidavit of Support anyway.  Nothing against foreigners. I'm a foreigner where I live.  However, foreigners seldom understand enough about how things work in the US, to deal with the affidavit of support.  Often the US Citizens don't either.  That you aren't understanding what I already told you about the past and current, indicates HE needs to be asking the questions here.

The problem is that he is not very good at understanding complicated matters especially those related to finances. Besides, he is busy being exploited by the US's "great labour system", so I tried to clear our doubts on HIS behalf. 

As u have said being a foreigner, I might not be able to communicate exactly the things I actually mean. Our ex lawyer(whom we fired for messing up) told us that a paystub and employer letter are not enough to prove ur income and a w2 is needed. But we had no problems at NVC ( of course, he uploaded his past 3 yrs returns..along withthe paystub n letter). But since its january now, and he has got his w2, we are not sure if the CO might ask to have a look at it . However, as u said if I got it right..that  a paystub and employers letter can prove his current income...then we wouldn't be too worried. Thanks for taking time to read our queries.

Edited by ssgg

Timeline
3 hours ago, ssgg said:

The problem is that he is not very good at understanding complicated matters especially those related to finances. Besides, he is busy being exploited by the US's "great labour system", so I tried to clear our doubts on HIS behalf. 

As u have said being a foreigner, I might not be able to communicate exactly the things I actually mean. Our ex lawyer(whom we fired for messing up) told us that a paystub and employer letter are not enough to prove ur income and a w2 is needed. But we had no problems at NVC ( of course, he uploaded his past 3 yrs returns..along withthe paystub n letter). But since its january now, and he has got his w2, we are not sure if the CO might ask to have a look at it . However, as u said if I got it right..that  a paystub and employers letter can prove his current income...then we wouldn't be too worried. Thanks for taking time to read our queries.

Depending on the date of the interview, he may well ask to see it or a 2018 tax return.  THIS W2 would not be asked for at NVC, because the 2018 tax return is not due.  Filing date is April 15.  For an interview after April 15, have the 2018 complete tax return on hand.  THIS W2, would be part of a copy of the 2018 tax return, but it is NOT evidence of current income.

No matter what his income was in 2018, if he lost his job tomorrow, his current income would be zero.  If he gets a new job tomorrow paying $40,000, no matter what he made last year, his "current income" is then $40,000.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.