Jump to content
Guysmiley

I set up an interview at US Embassy in Manilla

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi I was able to set up an interview and get confirmation for it at the US Embassy in Manilla.  We qualified for an expedite at NVC.  The exact response was: The U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines is willing to expedite this case when we have received and reviewed all the required fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov.  We paid our fees and submitted all forms and documents.  Since that is complete I scheduled the interview for next Tuesday the 29th of January 2019.  Is this ok even though our status on CEAC is not yet ready?  I really hope so since I will be in Manila on the 29th and don't want to have to reschedule.  I will be calling the Embassy Monday night, Tuesday morning Manila time, and NVC on Tuesday morning to ensure everything is fine, but I was hoping someone on VisaJourney may have experience in this matter and could help me out. Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~moved to US consulate and embassy discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

 

You should wait for READY because Manilla doesn't have your documentation yet. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guysmiley said:

Hi I was able to set up an interview and get confirmation for it at the US Embassy in Manilla.  We qualified for an expedite at NVC.  The exact response was: The U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines is willing to expedite this case when we have received and reviewed all the required fees, forms, and documents. If you have not already done so, you can pay your fees and submit Form DS-260 at ceac.state.gov.  We paid our fees and submitted all forms and documents.  Since that is complete I scheduled the interview for next Tuesday the 29th of January 2019.  Is this ok even though our status on CEAC is not yet ready?  I really hope so since I will be in Manila on the 29th and don't want to have to reschedule.  I will be calling the Embassy Monday night, Tuesday morning Manila time, and NVC on Tuesday morning to ensure everything is fine, but I was hoping someone on VisaJourney may have experience in this matter and could help me out. Thank you in advance.

Not good.  When ceac status shows ready that is your indication that the file is on station.  Next shipment from NVC is Jan 22/23.  It is possible if your file is in that shipment it will arrive on the 28th.  You better be praying


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/19/2019 at 1:07 PM, payxibka said:

Not good.  When ceac status shows ready that is your indication that the file is on station.  Next shipment from NVC is Jan 22/23.  It is possible if your file is in that shipment it will arrive on the 28th.  You better be praying

Well all of our documents are accepted and it shows we are Documentarily Qualified. I will be calling NVC in a few minutes to see if our case will be shipped to Manila today or tomorrow.  If not I will just cancel the appointment. No worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guysmiley said:

I talked to NVC and they said it would be sent within 48 hours.  Do you think it will reach Manila by Monday if it gets sent Thursday morning?

In the past, Wednesday shipments arrive Monday .  Based on other reports,  the Manila package is already prepared and may have gone yesterday,  if not it will go today .  You can track via dhl

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, Guysmiley said:

Our status is now Ready.  We should be good for the interview on Tuesday, Right?

How did it go? I read your other posts about your background. My husband is the USC and has a similar (though a little less extensive) background. We are doing AOS but trying to find out people's experiences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StaceyRogers said:

How did it go? I read your other posts about your background. My husband is the USC and has a similar (though a little less extensive) background. We are doing AOS but trying to find out people's experiences. 

My background didn't even come up, but we are in AP now (221g).  They didn't accept my 1040 and w2s for 2017, they required a tax transcript from the IRS. Took me awhile to get since I couldn't get it online (IRS couldn't confirm my I'd based on info I have), but the embassy should have our paperwork now. I guess it's just a waiting game now. Wish us luck.  I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guysmiley said:

My background didn't even come up, but we are in AP now (221g).  They didn't accept my 1040 and w2s for 2017, they required a tax transcript from the IRS. Took me awhile to get since I couldn't get it online (IRS couldn't confirm my I'd based on info I have), but the embassy should have our paperwork now. I guess it's just a waiting game now. Wish us luck.  I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck!

Oh what a relief!! If that's all your waiting on it should be a breeze! Hope it all gets resolved quickly. Good luck to you too :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×