Del A.

Filling out form I-134 Affidavit of Support

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I have some questions about how to fill out the I-134:

1. Page 1, Other Information

Do we wait for a response from USCIS after we send our packet so that we can fill out "USCIS Online Account Number"?

2. Page 2, Part 1, no. 12

"I am ___ years of age and have resided in the United States since ___"

If my fiancé was born in the U.S. and hasn't lived anywhere else since, do we simply put his age and date of birth?

3. Page 2, Part 2, no. 7

Relationship (of the beneficiary) to sponsor: is this item asking for familial relationship like the I-129F or should we put "fiancée" or "None"?

4. Page 3, Part 3, no. 3

"My annual income is:" - we can enter the current pay my fiancé is getting, but what if he gets a raise or is promoted between now and the interview? Should we simply enter the info that matches the employment info we already put in the I-129F?

5. In relation to previous question re financial information: 

How early on may we fill out the affidavit and can it have the same date as the packet? Should the pay stubs be dated no earlier than 3 months before interview date or can they be from anytime within the year?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Del A. said:

Hi, I have some questions about how to fill out the I-134:

1. Page 1, Other Information

Do we wait for a response from USCIS after we send our packet so that we can fill out "USCIS Online Account Number"?  Won't have one.

2. Page 2, Part 1, no. 12

"I am ___ years of age and have resided in the United States since ___"  The petitioner/fiance was not born in the USA, he is a naturalized USC?  That question is only for those NOT born in the USA.

If my fiancé was born in the U.S. and hasn't lived anywhere else since, do we simply put his age and date of birth?    Read the header for that section .. 

3. Page 2, Part 2, no. 7

Relationship (of the beneficiary) to sponsor: is this item asking for familial relationship like the I-129F or should we put "fiancée" or "None"?   Fiancee   (the I-134 isn't designed with the K-1 in mind)

4. Page 3, Part 3, no. 3

"My annual income is:" - we can enter the current pay my fiancé is getting, but what if he gets a raise or is promoted between now and the interview? Should we simply enter the info that matches the employment info we already put in the I-129F?    Gross income now.     If the petitioner changed employers then use the current information.

5. In relation to previous question re financial information: 

How early on may we fill out the affidavit and can it have the same date as the packet? Should the pay stubs be dated no earlier than 3 months before interview date or can they be from anytime within the year?  No reason to rush filing this out, isn't needed until after USCIS approves the I-129F petition, and you have your MNL# from NVC.   Then you can email it to the beneficiary along with your most recent tax return / W2

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

^^

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 months later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, Del A. said:

Hi, for this question on page 4, should this have the current beneficiary's info or is this question referring to previous petitions not including the present one (for which the affidavit is intended)?

page4.png

I wrote NONE as I believe it refers to other petitions being the beneficiary is listed above,       I had zero issues at the embassy.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 minutes ago, GF. said:

Hi @Hank do we really need a certificate of employment from my petitioner's employer or would the last 2 payslips be ok?

If your petitioner is not a new employee (less than a year) he does not need a letter from the employer or paystub .. just the most recent tax return and W2, along with the I-134 of course.  You can email .PDF files for all of this, no need to send physical copies.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.