mac.brilliance

yet another GC interview checklist

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good day all, i'm trying to go though all the things i have put together for my AOS interview. I've followed the instructions on the I-797c of what to bring, but i would like some eyes to run through it if you can spare the time :D

As follows: 

Interview Notice I-797c

Gov issued ID (passport)

Vaccination supplement 

I-94

Both of our birth certificates

Marriage license

My wifes previous divorce decree

NOA2 of petition

Joint apartment lease

Joint life insurance +health insurance

Phone contract with both out names

Police ACRO (this is the UK police cert saying i have no convictions)

EAD + AP

Bank account confirming address

Flight information from trips made together

Wedding vows

Photos (a hefty assortment of us at places and us with people)

Christmas cards with both our names

Is there anything people would recommend adding?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I would like to remind you to save the "joint" things in a folder or shoebox for your removing conditions. Add to them over the next two years. For ROC, they will want to see dates covering your whole time married...early lease/later lease, early joint bank statements/middle/later bank statements, etc. Don't throw out the early things until you remove conditions.

Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, ypsirccim said:

Utility bills perhaps? 

Phone bill and apartment lease is all we have currently. This will be added to for ROC in 2 years.

Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 6:06 AM, Wuozopo said:

I would like to remind you to save the "joint" things in a folder or shoebox for your removing conditions. Add to them over the next two years. For ROC, they will want to see dates covering your whole time married...early lease/later lease, early joint bank statements/middle/later bank statements, etc. Don't throw out the early things until you remove conditions.

Oh good point about not throwing early stuff out - thank you i'll keep this in mind! More joint things will come in time, we don't have a joint account and things since i don't have money to put in it yet - it's been a long 9 months since i had an income, my savings are basically non existent at this point.

Timeline
8 hours ago, mac.brilliance said:

Oh good point about not throwing early stuff out - thank you i'll keep this in mind! More joint things will come in time, we don't have a joint account and things since i don't have money to put in it yet - it's been a long 9 months since i had an income, my savings are basically non existent at this point.

Getting added to your spouse's account (joint account) is a really good proof for immigration because they see you share money.  Same with being added as a user of her credit cards. You don't have to have money to contribute. You're married and your wife trusts you aren't scamming her, right?  It isn't a requirement and some people prefer to keep separate accounts, but it does impress the folks evaluating the authenticity of your marriage.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Getting added to your spouse's account (joint account) is a really good proof for immigration because they see you share money.  Same with being added as a user of her credit cards. You don't have to have money to contribute. You're married and your wife trusts you aren't scamming her, right?  It isn't a requirement and some people prefer to keep separate accounts, but it does impress the folks evaluating the authenticity of your marriage.

No time for that now before our interview, but we are going to get a joint account when i get working. It's interesting, the things they consider good proof? Joint accounts and joint utilities are something many people in relationships that I know, don't do nowadays. I certainly didn't with previous long term partners ^^

Timeline
41 minutes ago, mac.brilliance said:

It's interesting, the things they consider good proof? Joint accounts and joint utilities are something many people in relationships that I know, don't do nowadays. I certainly didn't with previous long term partners ^^

Oh you Millennials!!! 😂

Were you married and going through immigration before? This time you have to appear to be more than roommates so you've got two years to build some commingling of finances. Good stuff saves you from an RFE and an interview for removing conditions.

You are fine for the AOS interview. They don't expect a massive amount from newlyweds. I got approved without interview and no evidence but a marriage certificate sent with the application. 

Best of luck to you. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Oh you Millennials!!! 😂

Were you married and going through immigration before? This time you have to appear to be more than roommates so you've got two years to build some commingling of finances. Good stuff saves you from an RFE and an interview for removing conditions.

You are fine for the AOS interview. They don't expect a massive amount from newlyweds. I got approved without interview and no evidence but a marriage certificate sent with the application. 

Best of luck to you. 

Haha spot on. We are indeed millennials. My wife and I keep joking that we should just bring along sex videos for proof. I'll definitely keep collecting evidence in mind for the next 2 years. Thanks for your advice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.