SunflowerHoneybee

NVC received case, no NOA2 email/hard copy yet?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good evening VJ!~ This is our second post, here! We have (I believe) updated our timeline appropriately to help with trend prediction and statistics! ❤️ 

We did recently discover the new site and it shows an approval date! Case Was Approved: December 27, 2018. This thrills us even though we know there's still a lot to do!
The one thing we're currently concerned about is I (the petitioner) still haven't received the physical NOA2. Nor have I received the email for it (but I did receive the email for the noa1 as well as the hard copy noa1 later). I have not moved address.

I had called the NVC to check if they have received the case, and they had: January 14, 2019 and they gave us our case number.

With our approval date of 12/27/2018 (shown on new site) with no email, or hard copy received yet. Coupled with the NVC having our case 1/14/2019 and providing a case number. What should we do about the NOA2 hard copy?

We're fast approaching a month between the supposed approval and my hands on the actual noa2. :V Cause for concern or are we simply impatient? 😜

Thanks for your time and resources, our future and happiness may not be as close to possible without it. An absolutely invaluable resource! ❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We had the same issue last year. Petitioner can call USCIS or file an inquiry online that you didn't receive NOA2. My now husband called and they sent him an email explaining that they couldn't resend NOA2 but that that email served as one. We got it in the mail about a month after our approval, apparently it was backed up. No clue why it sometimes takes so long.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, C90 said:

We had the same issue last year. Petitioner can call USCIS or file an inquiry online that you didn't receive NOA2. My now husband called and they sent him an email explaining that they couldn't resend NOA2 but that that email served as one. We got it in the mail about a month after our approval, apparently it was backed up. No clue why it sometimes takes so long.

Thanks for the reply C90!
We have been attempting to call the USCIS, we will try again when we can. We never received an email for the NOA2, so we have no proof other than the website stating it was approved.

We will definitely update on the steps we take for anyone else that gets this issue in the future.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, SunflowerHoneybee said:

Thanks for the reply C90!
We have been attempting to call the USCIS, we will try again when we can. We never received an email for the NOA2, so we have no proof other than the website stating it was approved.

We will definitely update on the steps we take for anyone else that gets this issue in the future.

You usually don't receive an email, but because we didn't get the NOA2, they started an investigation via a TIER2. That person sent us an email a few days later that she couldn't resend the NOA2 and if we needed it (for the consulate or AOS) we could include the email as proof. Eventually we got our NOA2.

USCIS usually transfers your fiance to TIER2 automatically if you have a 'complicated' case like this. Good luck, hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, C90 said:

You usually don't receive an email, but because we didn't get the NOA2, they started an investigation via a TIER2. That person sent us an email a few days later that she couldn't resend the NOA2 and if we needed it (for the consulate or AOS) we could include the email as proof. Eventually we got our NOA2.

USCIS usually transfers your fiance to TIER2 automatically if you have a 'complicated' case like this. Good luck, hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Ah okay!
I'll keep an eye out for it in the mail and attempt to get in contact with a TIER2 at USCIS. Thankyou!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We attempted to call the USCIS, they told us they couldn't do anything until 30-45 days had passed since approval. We'll keep this updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.