akfamilyjourney

London Interview Appointment Availability/Courier Delivery

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am trying to book my interview at the London embassy, the first one available is in two days 😄 , which is a bit early for us.

Does it usually show only the first one available without any options to choose from?

Has anyone recently booked one for February?

Should I be checking it every day and wait for an update?

There are courier pick up locations available and I am wondering if we select one from the list and later the embassy will notify me with the pick up date?

Do I need to get in touch with one of the chosen courier locations, register with them and ask deliver passport in to my house?  🙃

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, theafons said:

There are courier pick up locations available and I am wondering if we select one from the list and later the embassy will notify me with the pick up date?

Do I need to get in touch with one of the chosen courier locations, register with them and ask deliver passport in to my house?  🙃

You pick a courier hub location closest to you as part of the registration. Later in the steps you go through, you may choose home delivery (£30) and give a specific address for delivery. If you don't want it delivered, then you will pick up (£0) at the courier depot location you identified as closest to you.  Done. You have registered. You will get a confirmation to print and show at the embassy. 

I booked my interview yesterday for end of January, and there was a lot of availability for February. You should be able to select the day you want from the calendar! 

By the way, for delivery to a specific address (e.g. home), I paid £19. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, London19 said:

I booked my interview yesterday for end of January, and there was a lot of availability for February. You should be able to select the day you want from the calendar! 

This is how mine looks, I guess I have to pay first to see the calendar?

Was you website green or purple?

I know its suppose to be purple for non-immigrant but it takes me to immigrant right after I sign in.

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 20.58.29.png

Yep, you need to pay before you can choose interview date. 

You are on the correct site, for K1 it is the immigrant (green) site :) 

More info on https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ Refer to stage 4 - Scheduling your Interview.

Edited by London19

Timeline
11 minutes ago, London19 said:

Yep, you need to pay before you can choose interview date. 

You are on the correct site, for K1 it is the immigrant (green) site :) 

More info on https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ Refer to stage 4 - Scheduling your Interview.

Oh I seeeee. 😄

Thanks!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, theafons said:

Is it ok to pay for the interview by credit card?

MRV fee only accepts debit cards unfortunately :(

Timeline
6 hours ago, London19 said:

👍

Yes. I just noticed I said 30 pounds. It is 30 dollars because pricing is on a US website. Each country has that converted using the prevailing exchange rate to their local currency. So currently about £19.

Timeline

When I was booking my interview it only gave dates for the following week so I phoned the embassy appointment line and you have much more appointments available (I was able to choose the day and time).

Timeline
3 hours ago, Soph97 said:

When I was booking my interview it only gave dates for the following week so I phoned the embassy appointment line and you have much more appointments available (I was able to choose the day and time).

Good to know, thanks! Will try booking mine online today.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Soph97 said:

The phone line is for an appointment with the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit...tourist visas, student visas, etc. It's for temporary stays.

K1s need to book online and interview with the Immigrant Visa Unit because you have intent to stay. There are different requirements. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

The phone line is for an appointment with the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit...tourist visas, student visas, etc. It's for temporary stays.

K1s need to book online and interview with the Immigrant Visa Unit because you have intent to stay. There are different requirements. 

Maybe that’s the case now... but when I booked mine in August 2018, for K1, I did it on the phone with no problems.

Edited by Soph97
Spelling mistake

On 1/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, theafons said:

I am trying to book my interview at the London embassy, the first one available is in two days 😄 , which is a bit early for us.

Does it usually show only the first one available without any options to choose from?

Has anyone recently booked one for February?

Should I be checking it every day and wait for an update?

I'm currently at the same step as you. 

Once you proceed past Stage 3 -  Purchase and purchase the credit you can then schedule the appointment you would prefer. Currently there are an abundance of February appointments ready for booking:

• 4-8th 
  • 11-13th 
  • 15th 
  • 19th-22nd 
  • 25-27th 

I can't see March's availability yet which is the month we're hoping for the interview to take place.

Also as other members have said, I believe once you're a litter further through the selections you can pick a delivery location.

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.