arifturzo

Rescheduling Interview Date

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

We got the interview letter today and wife’s exam scheduled on feb 11th. We applied for n-400 while her I-751 was pending. Then her case was transferred to Detroit office last month. But here is the situation, she is pregnant and starting 36 weeks now and her labor is scheduled on February 10th. Now we have two options, either reschedule the interview date or reschedule the labor date. The second option I am not convinced because labor contraction can start any time and she might not be able to get to the interview. Let me know what you all think?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

If I were you I would call USCIS, explain the situation and see what they say. Maybe in your situation you can reschedule a day before if she would go into labor. Otherwise you could just attent your interview on the given date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I needed to reschedule my n-400 interview- on the interview letter there is an address to which you send your request with any applicable backup documents, and give them a date after which you would be available, if applicable.  They rescheduled my interview the same day they received my letter, and gave me an appointment two days after I got back to the US.  

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, arifturzo said:

We got the interview letter today and wife’s exam scheduled on feb 11th. We applied for n-400 while her I-751 was pending. Then her case was transferred to Detroit office last month. But here is the situation, she is pregnant and starting 36 weeks now and her labor is scheduled on February 10th. Now we have two options, either reschedule the interview date or reschedule the labor date. The second option I am not convinced because labor contraction can start any time and she might not be able to get to the interview. Let me know what you all think?

OP, how did it go for you? We also had to reschedule our interview because my wife had to have emergency surgery. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. 

3/1/2019 ~ Mailed in via lawyer to Chicago Lockbox

3/15/2019 ~ USCIS Processed payment

3/16/2019 ~ Received NOA1

3/23/2019 ~ Received Biometrics Appointment

4/2/2019 ~ Biometrics Appointment

4/10/2019 ~ Status of I-485 changed to 'Ready for Interview'

4/15/2019 ~ Interview has been scheduled

5/22/2019 ~ Had to reschedule interview the day before

6/12/2019 ~ Received new interview date

7/25/2019 ~ Interview: Approved!!

8/2/2019 ~ GC IN HAND!!

--

4/25/2021 ~ Apply for ROC

5/1/2021 ~ Package sent lawyer

6/9/2021 ~ Package sent to USCIS

6/14/2021 ~ Status Change: Case was Received

--

08/31/2022 ~ Mailed N-400 Package to Lawyer

09/09/2022 ~ Package being mailed to USCIS

09/12/2022 ~ Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

09/14/2022 ~ Check cashed by USCIS

09/20/2022 ~ I-797C received in mail - Status: USCIS is actively reviewing...

09/16/2022 ~ I-797C stating that the biometrics will be reused 

10/22/2022 ~ Status changed to 'Interview has been Scheduled'

12/08/2022 ~ N-400/I-751 Combo Interview

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Recommended for approval

12/10/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled

12/17/2022 ~ Status Change: Oath Ceremony Notice has been Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.