guyfromky

Question regarding DS-160 and police certificate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

In the email I recieved from Jakarta detailing the things my fiancee must bring to the visa interview it mentions DS-160 and police certificate. Is this something that only she needs to complete or do I need to complete one or both of those also? I just want to make absolutely certain of everything and make sure I missed nothing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, guyfromky said:

In the email I recieved from Jakarta detailing the things my fiancee must bring to the visa interview it mentions DS-160 and police certificate. Is this something that only she needs to complete or do I need to complete one or both of those also? I just want to make absolutely certain of everything and make sure I missed nothing.

She is the applicant it applies to her only 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, guyfromky said:

Better email them back and clarify exactly what the want for the police certificate.  Last I heard Jakarta was no longer requiring police certificates and the DOS website still lists them as “unavailable for applicants inside and out”.  They didnt ask for one for my wife either in 2011 or last year.

Only the beneficiary is required to obtain a police certificate HOWEVER I’ve filled out every form and application for my wife then she reviews and signs off on or corrects it.

Source for police certificate info:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Indonesia.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

@guyfromky

for Interview phase, document that required from petitioner only affidavit of support form (including supporting evidence)

ignore the part police certificate document if the beneficiary/Visa Applicant has never lived outside Indonesia for one year or more since Indonesian police certificate not required.

Edited by yuni_yuni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.