Jump to content
redfeather

Question about CFO and Cemar?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My gf has a Cemar and an Oregon divorce decree, and I told her that these are both recognized in the Philippines now.  My gf is concerned that when she goes for her CFO that they will ask to see a CENOMAR, and she does not have a CENOMAR...she only has her CEMAR and Oregon Divorce Decree.  I had to submit both her CEMAR and Oregon Divorce Decree when I sent in my K1 packet.  I told her the CFO will accept what she brings which is the CEMAR and Divorce Decree...does anyone know if this is correct?  I believe it is correct, but would like to calm her fear about this topic.

My gf also worked in Abu Dahbai and she returned to the Philippines in 2015 where she has been until present day.  My gf is concerned that the CFO will want to see both an NBI from Abu Dhabai and from the Philippines.  I have told her that the CFO only wants to see a NBI from the Philippines?  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, redfeather said:

My gf has a Cemar and an Oregon divorce decree, and I told her that these are both recognized in the Philippines now.  My gf is concerned that when she goes for her CFO that they will ask to see a CENOMAR, and she does not have a CENOMAR...she only has her CEMAR and Oregon Divorce Decree.  I had to submit both her CEMAR and Oregon Divorce Decree when I sent in my K1 packet.  I told her the CFO will accept what she brings which is the CEMAR and Divorce Decree...does anyone know if this is correct?  I believe it is correct, but would like to calm her fear about this topic.

My gf also worked in Abu Dahbai and she returned to the Philippines in 2015 where she has been until present day.  My gf is concerned that the CFO will want to see both an NBI from Abu Dhabai and from the Philippines.  I have told her that the CFO only wants to see a NBI from the Philippines?  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

 

Below are the requirements directly from the CFO website.  NBI isn't even on the list.  NBI is listed as a secondary ID but not a requirement for the counseling session.

 

 

Counseling Requirements:
(with or without visa)
No need to photocopy any registration document
No need to submit ID photos

  1. Two (2) original valid identification cards with photograph (see samples below);
  2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be secured at the CFO;
  3. If married in the Philippines, original Certificate of Marriage on security paper from the Philippine Statistical Authority (PSA);
  4. If married overseas, original Report of Marriage duly registered by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate or the Department of Foreign Affairs; and
  5. Payment of PhP400.00 counseling and registration fee.

Additional documents may be required in the event that the counselor determines it to be essential to complete the guidance and counseling process. It is advised for all the GCP applicants to prepare the following documents (if applicable to them) in advance and bring these documents when they come to CFO:

  1. Divorce decree/certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
  2. Annulment paper (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if previously married)
  3. Proof of residency/Alien Registration Card-ARC (of foreign spouse)
  4. Proof of relationship (picture together, e-mails, among others)
  5. Death certificate (of Filipino spouse or foreign spouse, if widow/widower)
  6. Certificate of Family relations / registration (of foreign spouse)

 Additional registration requirements for those with visa:

  1. Original valid passport;
  2. Original valid visa
  3. Original Immigrant Data Summary (please do not detach from yellow packet) for US-bound emigrants, except for K visa holders;

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redfeather said:

My gf has a Cemar and an Oregon divorce decree, and I told her that these are both recognized in the Philippines now.  My gf is concerned that when she goes for her CFO that they will ask to see a CENOMAR, and she does not have a CENOMAR...she only has her CEMAR and Oregon Divorce Decree.  I had to submit both her CEMAR and Oregon Divorce Decree when I sent in my K1 packet.  I told her the CFO will accept what she brings which is the CEMAR and Divorce Decree...does anyone know if this is correct?  I believe it is correct, but would like to calm her fear about this topic.

My gf also worked in Abu Dahbai and she returned to the Philippines in 2015 where she has been until present day.  My gf is concerned that the CFO will want to see both an NBI from Abu Dhabai and from the Philippines.  I have told her that the CFO only wants to see a NBI from the Philippines?  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

No problem with CFO and the CEMAR, w/divorce decree .. I know a fair number that had foreign divorces that presented a CEMAR (along with copy of the divorce decree) to CFO .. all completed the seminar and got their sticker.

 

CFO does not ask for an NBI from the Philippines nor police certificate from a foreign government.

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they ask for any police clearance from Abu Dhabi?  I am under the thought that they only want an NBI from where she is currently living which is the Philippines?  Any additional info about the police clearance and NBI is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Will they ask for any police clearance from Abu Dhabi?  I am under the thought that they only want an NBI from where she is currently living which is the Philippines?  Any additional info about the police clearance and NBI is appreciated.

CFO does not ask for an NBI .. .nor any police clearance.  Abu Dhabi or anywhere else.....

 

Now the embassy is a different story ..


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank, I am asking if anyone during this whole K1 process wants to see both an NBI and a foreign police clearance?  

If so, who is it within this process that asks to see these documents?

Thanks in advance.

The embassy wants to see the nbi and the foreign police certificate (if available) at the interview

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank, I am asking if anyone during this whole K1 process wants to see both an NBI and a foreign police clearance?  

If so, who is it within this process that asks to see these documents?

Thanks in advance.

Yes .. the embassy during the interview (but I covered that in my other posting to you .. so we are good on that)


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hank, many thanks in advance...you answered my question in the other thread.  The answer for anyone else reading this is that if a person was working for more than six months in the UAE then the police report requirement is waived by the US Embassy in Manila because it is impossible to obtain a police report from the UAE unless you go to the UAE in person.  So, thanks for a great answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Hank, many thanks in advance...you answered my question in the other thread.  The answer for anyone else reading this is that if a person was working for more than six months in the UAE then the police report requirement is waived by the US Embassy in Manila because it is impossible to obtain a police report from the UAE unless you go to the UAE in person.  So, thanks for a great answer.

This is a well known fact.  With so many filipino OFWs,  your girlfriend isn't the first, nor the last 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread is now closed, because the OP has at least one more similar-themed thread.  All future similar questions are to be confined to ONE thread, please.

 

VJ Moderation


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×