Jump to content
Bayman

overstaying on a tourist visa.

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bayman said:

Hi all!,  can one be denial spouse visa to US for overstaying on his or her tourist visa on another country?

It all depends on how long the did you or your spouse overstayed. So how long was the overstay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It all depends on how long the did you or your spouse overstayed. So how long was the overstay?

one year but not in the United states and return to the country of origin.

Edited by Bayman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Bayman said:

one year but not in the United states and return to the country of origin.

What country?  Some countries share information with the US Government.

 

You will need a police certificate from this country since you lived there for longer than 6 months.

Edited by aaron2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

What country?

uk

2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

What country?  Some countries share information with the US Government.

 

You will need a police certificate from this country since you lived there for longer than 6 months.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bayman said:

uk

thanks

Ahhhh ok. I thought you overstayed here in the USA. So it shouldn't be a problem at all but you will need a police certificate from that country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhhh ok. I thought you overstayed here in the USA. So it shouldn't be a problem at all but you will need a police certificate from that country. 

no in uk . yea police certificate will be needed. thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghanaman, No. No. No you can never be denied a spouse visa for overstaying in another country no matter how long the overstay was. Ignore all answers that imply so.

 

Overstaying in another country is not grounds for inadmissibility. 

 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/About Us/Electronic Reading Room/Applicant Service Reference Guide/Inadmissibillity_and_Waivers.pdf#page2

 

Onky overstays in the USA which carry an entry bar can be a hindrance, even then what they will do is tell you to reapply after the bar, whether 3 years or 10 years has expired.

 

Be encouraged.

Edited by PaulTheSheik

 

 

Citizen of the World!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, PaulTheSheik said:

Ghanaman, No. No. No you can never be denied a spouse visa for overstaying in another country no matter how long the overstay was. Ignore all answers that imply so.

 

Overstaying in another country is not grounds for inadmissibility. 

 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/About Us/Electronic Reading Room/Applicant Service Reference Guide/Inadmissibillity_and_Waivers.pdf#page2

 

Onky overstays in the USA which carry an entry bar can be a hindrance, even then what they will do is tell you to reapply after the bar, whether 3 years or 10 years has expired.

 

Be encouraged.

thanks man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×