youandme13

Visa Denied

124 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Noe&Estella said:

I got two envelopes as well. 

The immigrant fee is for the greencard. You can pay it while you're there or you can pay it when you get here in the US. It's $220. 

Yes , i'm guessing its because we have a lot of documents wont fit in one envelope.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, youandme13 said:

Are they going to keep all the documents ?  I mean how about the medical result arent we going to see them ? 

They will keep the medical file 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Nope, it is a required part of your visa application file.

So all in the  documents in the visa packet , they will keep it ?

Timeline
9 hours ago, youandme13 said:

So all in the  documents in the visa packet , they will keep it ?

Correct.   Do not touch anything inside the DO NOT OPEN envelope.   Sometimes they give pictures back, but that is about it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

23 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Yes , i'm guessing its because we have a lot of documents wont fit in one envelope.

It could be. I had no idea when I got my visa packet. Just took out my passport and left everything still in the plastic bag at the POE.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:02 PM, Hank_ said:

no two packet aren't normal unless you have a child with your also.  Otherwise one packet is normal. .. interesting.    Did you have lots of evidence .. that may be the reason for two packets, all the documents wouldn't fit in one.

Doubt you paid it as it can't be paid until you get your visa.   You pay the immigrant fee  here:  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Did you complete CFO already?   Need the CFO sticker in your passport to exit the Philippines.

To get the sticker CFO will want to see you Immigrant Data Sheet (attached to the DO NOT OPEN envelope, do NOT detach)  plus make a copy .   

https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Hi Hank do i need to register again or set an appointment for CFO sticker?

Timeline
4 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Hi Hank do i need to register again or set an appointment for CFO sticker?

Nope, no appt and no online registration to get the sticker .. bring the (For IR/CR-1)  DO NO OPEN envelope (a copy of the Immigrant Data Sheet) and your passport with visa.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

38 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Nope, no appt and no online registration to get the sticker .. bring the (For IR/CR-1)  DO NO OPEN envelope (a copy of the Immigrant Data Sheet) and your passport with visa.  

What is this PDOS appointment?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

What is this PDOS appointment?

Not for you.  PDOS seminar is for those that are not fiancee or spouse of USC ..   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

15 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not for you.  PDOS seminar is for those that are not fiancee or spouse of USC ..   

Oh okay , thanks Hank!

This is off topic , I'm  just wondering  when to file for ROC is it before my visa expired or before the green card expires?  We will have our 2nd wedding anniversary  this June 13 , my visa will expire June 12 . 

Kindly give me links about this , thank you for all the help !

2 minutes ago, youandme13 said:

This is off topic , I'm  just wondering  when to file for ROC is it before my visa expired or before the green card expires?  We will have our 2nd wedding anniversary  this June 13 , my visa will expire June 12 . 

Kindly give me links about this , thank you for all the help !

When Should I File Form I-751?

1. Filing jointly. If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90-day period immediately before your conditional residence expires.

2. Filing with a request that the joint filing requirement be waived or individually filed. You may file Form I-751 without your spouse if they are deceased, you are divorced, or you and/or your conditional resident child were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty. You may file this petition at any time after you are granted conditional resident status and before you are removed from the United States. 3. Effect of not filing. If this petition is not filed, you will automatically lose your permanent resident status two years from the date on which you were granted conditional status. You will then become removable from the United States.

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Per the USCIS it's in the 90 days before your conditional residency expires. Which should be two years after your arrival into the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.