spoler

USCIS did not notify NVC from I601A filed

13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I want to open new topic...National Visa Center said, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) did not notify the National Visa Center (NVC) that I filed Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver yet. i filed on August 14, 2018.

I do not understand why... Can I ask USCIS to notify NVC? How? NVC said they need to information from USCIS not me. NVC ready with my case and already scheduled my overseas consular interview...

Lots of people said after 1-2 months when filed I601A, NVC sent email from notified by USCIS...

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, spoler said:

I want to open new topic...National Visa Center said, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) did not notify the National Visa Center (NVC) that I filed Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver yet. i filed on August 14, 2018.

I do not understand why... Can I ask USCIS to notify NVC? How? NVC said they need to information from USCIS not me. NVC ready with my case and already scheduled my overseas consular interview...

Lots of people said after 1-2 months when filed I601A, NVC sent email from notified by USCIS...

wondering if you ever found a response, my waiver was approved March 2019 and USCIS hasn't informed NVC about approval, NVC needs info from USCIS to complete case and assign appt. TIA for your help ☺️

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
12 hours ago, Urias said:

wondering if you ever found a response, my waiver was approved March 2019 and USCIS hasn't informed NVC about approval, NVC needs info from USCIS to complete case and assign appt. TIA for your help ☺️

I was lucky because NVC closed my case and scheduled interview to me last year. So NVC forward my case to Consulate without approved waiver. I contacted with Consulate and explained Immigration never informed NVC, I applied waiver ...

Consulate was very helpful and cancelled my appointment. They said, when my waiver approved just contact with Consulate and they will give me new interview date. So my waiver approved now and I will go to the interview on August 7th.. 

My advice ask NVC closed your case if you sent them everything and try to deal with your Consulate. 

Edited by spoler

Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, spoler said:

I was lucky because NVC closed my case and scheduled interview to me last year. So NVC forward my case to Consulate without approved waiver. I contacted with Consulate and explained Immigration never informed NVC, I applied waiver ...

Consulate was very helpful and cancelled my appointment. They said, when my waiver approved just contact with Consulate and they will give me new interview date. So my waiver approved now and I will go to the interview on August 7th.. 

My advice ask NVC closed your case if you sent them everything and try to deal with your Consulate. 

Yea that sounds about right, I called USCIS today to have them send info about waiver to NVC but the rep said they couldn't give me any info on case, beneficiary needed to be on the phone with me 😤and I waited 1 hr on hold, it is hard to have my husband with me on weekdays because we have diff schedules, I'm gonna try to mail the approval letter and see if that works, thank you for your reply ☺️ 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 6/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, Urias said:

Yea that sounds about right, I called USCIS today to have them send info about waiver to NVC but the rep said they couldn't give me any info on case, beneficiary needed to be on the phone with me 😤and I waited 1 hr on hold, it is hard to have my husband with me on weekdays because we have diff schedules, I'm gonna try to mail the approval letter and see if that works, thank you for your reply ☺️ 

Mailing the approval letter won’t help, I spoke to an nvc representative today and they told me that even if there is a approval letter in my packet that I sent to them they still need the approval from USCIS to process the case. I’d recommend you call nvc, you will get the message that they are busy and to call again later and it will hang up just call and call until it lets you thru that’s how I do it, the wait time is about half an hour but when you finally get to a representative just ask if they have received your i601a approval from USCIS, they will most likely ask you for your date of approval and your receipt number which is what they did for me and then I was informed that they were going to be taking it up with a supervisor to have them contact USCIS to try and get my approval notice, I was also told to call at the end of the week to see if anything had changed 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, Dalila Gonzalez said:

Mailing the approval letter won’t help, I spoke to an nvc representative today and they told me that even if there is a approval letter in my packet that I sent to them they still need the approval from USCIS to process the case. I’d recommend you call nvc, you will get the message that they are busy and to call again later and it will hang up just call and call until it lets you thru that’s how I do it, the wait time is about half an hour but when you finally get to a representative just ask if they have received your i601a approval from USCIS, they will most likely ask you for your date of approval and your receipt number which is what they did for me and then I was informed that they were going to be taking it up with a supervisor to have them contact USCIS to try and get my approval notice, I was also told to call at the end of the week to see if anything had changed 

Hi there, how long did it take USCIS to approved your waiver?

Timeline
11 hours ago, Luckylife said:

Hi there, how long did it take USCIS to approved your waiver?

My waiver was received on August 10th 2018, with the letter receipt date of August 15th which was my priority date. And it did not get approved until June 27th 2019. On April 27th 2019 they reached August 16th 2018 and I sent in an inquiry since my case was now out of normal processing time and was told I’d have an answer in 60 days and I did at exactly 60 day

8 hours ago, Dalila Gonzalez said:

My waiver was received on August 10th 2018, with the letter receipt date of August 15th which was my priority date. And it did not get approved until June 27th 2019. On April 27th 2019 they reached August 16th 2018 and I sent in an inquiry since my case was now out of normal processing time and was told I’d have an answer in 60 days and I did at exactly 60 day

I wish there was an update on the website. At least saying that they have completed or collected his fingerprints. And also when I called he needed to be on the phone with me.

Timeline

Yeah the rules are kinda stupid, after the biometrics letter you won’t receive anything unless god forbid you get an RFE, if not you just gotta wait for half a century for your approval. I’ve heard they are approving like 90% of i601a cases, super slowly but they are doing it. Good luck to you

On 8/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, Luckylife said:

I wish there was an update on the website. At least saying that they have completed or collected his fingerprints. And also when I called he needed to be on the phone with me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, Urias said:

Hi! Did USCIS sent your approval to NVC and how long it took? Im in same situation 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Luckylife said:

Hi Urias,

Call USCIS and ask them to send it to the NVC. I don’t understand why it takes so long for them to send if it has been approved. How long did you wait for the approval?

Good luck 😊

Hello mine took  8 months to get an approval, received July 3rd 2018, approved March 27 2019, ☺️

• 2 months later...

Hello has anyone gotten approved for the I601A recently?

I send a expedited request do to my breast cancer for my husband and they denied the request. Which really sucks. That was one response.

The other "your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer", did anyone get any response like this.

Thanks in advance for any updates. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.