JoseJ

Interview once NVC is completed.

4 posts in this topic

Greetings,

The more I learned about the process the more I get confuse. I hope someone could kindly help me. 

I am a US Citizen and got married in Mexico. The USCI received the I-130 on December 14, 2017. My case has been with the NVC since August. I called the NVC last week and they stated that they had completed the case and the case would be sent to the US Consulate and depending the consulate I will get a interview letter. I inquired about the interview and the CSC rep could not provide me with a time frame when my wife could get the interview or estimate.

A friend ask me for my priority date and another friend stated to schedule the interview during the holiday. I got confused. Each case each different and each US Consulate is different. Another person who applied in Dec 2016 got her interviewed on Jan 2017. They got the letter of the interview on early Dec 2016.

When should I expect the letter of the interview? Where could I find my priority date?

Thank You in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, JoseJ said:

Greetings,

The more I learned about the process the more I get confuse. I hope someone could kindly help me. 

I am a US Citizen and got married in Mexico. The USCI received the I-130 on December 14, 2017. My case has been with the NVC since August. I called the NVC last week and they stated that they had completed the case and the case would be sent to the US Consulate and depending the consulate I will get a interview letter. I inquired about the interview and the CSC rep could not provide me with a time frame when my wife could get the interview or estimate.

A friend ask me for my priority date and another friend stated to schedule the interview during the holiday. I got confused. Each case each different and each US Consulate is different. Another person who applied in Dec 2016 got her interviewed on Jan 2017. They got the letter of the interview on early Dec 2016.

When should I expect the letter of the interview? Where could I find my priority date?

Thank You in advance.

Did you submit documents online or through regular mail?  If you did it online just log into  the CEAC login website and in the upper right corner it will show your PD.  If not look at your mail from USCIS those Notice of Action letters should contain your PD date.  Some embassies such as Mexico,Ghana and India seem to take longer to schedule interviews due to various reasons.  Take a look at the Immigration Timeline tab on the top of VJ site and put your country and filter the results this way you can see recent interview dates and get an idea of when yours might be.  

I know someone here that took 8 months to get an interview scheduled.  I think youre beyond normal processing. Ask for a supervisor review. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
22 minutes ago, S&J2018 said:

Did you submit documents online or through regular mail?  If you did it online just log into  the CEAC login website and in the upper right corner it will show your PD.  If not look at your mail from USCIS those Notice of Action letters should contain your PD date.  Some embassies such as Mexico,Ghana and India seem to take longer to schedule interviews due to various reasons.  Take a look at the Immigration Timeline tab on the top of VJ site and put your country and filter the results this way you can see recent interview dates and get an idea of when yours might be.  

I second this issue , just be patient and start gathering information which is going to help as a witness for your case interview before receiving your appointment.

May God Almighty help us all to succeed this journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.