crete456

DS-160 Help Plz

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

Called the NVC and received our case/invoice#, can I the beneficiary fill out the DS-160 and pay online by credit card, also what parts of the application does the applicant have to fill out. Will my fiancé be able to print our confirmation page. I'm lost! Thank you

It is my understanding that the beneficiary is the one to complete and print the DS 160. I've also read that petitioners have completed and saved and then beneficiary has logged on their end and clicked submit and printed their receipt. This is done because the DS 160 HAS to be submitted by beneficiary...and dare I say while logged from their country of origin.

Seasoned VJers, what say you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

It is my understanding that the beneficiary is the one to complete and print the DS 160. I've also read that petitioners have completed and saved and then beneficiary has logged on their end and clicked submit and printed their receipt. This is done because the DS 160 HAS to be submitted by beneficiary...and dare I say while logged from their country of origin.

Seasoned VJers, what say you?

I believe I have read that before too. Agree they must hit the submit button. 

Thoughts on where someone can print if doesn’t have computer in Jamaica specifically?  I think you can do submit on their phone. But printing may be issue.

Unless print in USA and mail it? 

6 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

I believe I have read that before too. Agree they must hit the submit button. 

Thoughts on where someone can print if doesn’t have computer in Jamaica specifically?  I think you can do submit on their phone. But printing may be issue.

Unless print in USA and mail it? 

Internet center or computer/printer at work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 8:57 AM, crete456 said:

Hello,

Called the NVC and received our case/invoice#, can I the beneficiary fill out the DS-160 and pay online by credit card, also what parts of the application does the applicant have to fill out. Will my fiancé be able to print our confirmation page. I'm lost! Thank you

Hi, yes you can, basically DS-160 is information about the beneficiary. The only information about the petitioner (USC) is name and address. Pretty easy. It can be paid with a credit card. Also yes, when the application is submitted you`ll have the option to send the confirmation to difierent emails.

Bear in mind, from my experience and other colombian applicants, that the interview can be schedule only when the file gets to the embassy in Bogotá, not before. I tried myself already and could not do anything. 

Hope this helps.

Hi, yes you can, basically DS-160 is information about the beneficiary. The only information about the petitioner (USC) is name and address. Pretty easy. It can be paid with a credit card. Also yes, when the application is submitted you`ll have the option to send the confirmation to difierent emails.

Bear in mind, from my experience and other colombian applicants, that the interview can be schedule only when the file gets to the embassy in Bogotá, not before. I tried myself already and could not do anything. 

Hope this helps.

®️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.