Smashy

k1 filers - NOV-DEC 2018 NOA2-->Consulate.

628 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if montreal-niv@state.gov is the right email address for the K1 inquiry? I need to update my email address to get packet 3!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, MeghanK said:

Immigrant :) If you use the link from this doc, it will take you to a less confusing entry page that let's you select for a K Visa rather than trying to remember if K1 is IV vs NIV: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/MTL-Montreal.pdf (And just in general this doc is way more helpful than P3 or P4 I think)

Thank you so much appreciated! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, KelsJosh said:

Can anyone tell me if montreal-niv@state.gov is the right email address for the K1 inquiry? I need to update my email address to get packet 3!

Let me update my response since I misread (gah!). 

Email the immigrant one. I did not get a response that I had emailed the wrong address, I just got a completely irrelevant and unhelpful response. 

I wish you greater success than me.

Edited by d24v

7 hours ago, KelsJosh said:

I'd say it'd be Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov since that's where we send back P3. Maybe just send to both.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

For those waiting on P3 - I think the holidays and the shutdown have REALLY slowed things down... We sent in P3 on 12/31 and still no P4. Considering almost all of the most recent applicants got P4 either the same day or the following day, I feel like there might be one officer grinding all the Packets in MTL 🤣

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, MeghanK said:

For those waiting on P3 - I think the holidays and the shutdown have REALLY slowed things down... We sent in P3 on 12/31 and still no P4. Considering almost all of the most recent applicants got P4 either the same day or the following day, I feel like there might be one officer grinding all the Packets in MTL 🤣

It has been really slow, still no P3 for us. I did notice today that my CEAC Case Last Updated date changed to 1/7/2019, but I didn't receive any emails

Timeline
8 hours ago, R0n said:

It has been really slow, still no P3 for us. I did notice today that my CEAC Case Last Updated date changed to 1/7/2019, but I didn't receive any emails

How do you see "case last updated"? I only see "at NVC" but no dates.. 

Timeline

Good news - after my follow-up query to Montreal, I have confirmation that they have updated my address.

Pretty sure I got a bot form response to the first email, so I'm glad a human read the second one.

We now resume our regular schedule P3 waiting.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Smashy said:

How do you see "case last updated"? I only see "at NVC" but no dates.. 

There should be 2 date fields just under the status: "Case Created" and "Case Last Updated", from what I remember these 2 dates only show up when your status changes to "Ready"

Timeline
2 hours ago, Smashy said:

Welp, we are "in transit" today and happy happy to mooooove to the next gated community of hopeful immigrant cattle...lol

Enjoy your relatively short stay in “In Transit” land and then welcome to the limbo that is waiting for P3.

Try not to become bitter when people from other countries have their interviews before you even get it. That’s my goal!

Still no P4 for us 😂 My what a fun journey.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Timeline

We sent out P3 yesterday without waiting for the p3 instructions and this is the response we got: 

Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, you will be contacted with information on your next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa, as soon as our Visa Unit it ready to process your case.

In the meantime carefully note, do not send your Packet 3 documents till the Visa Unit advises you to do so, and you are not eligible at this time to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions.

😬 😬 😬 

Guess we have to wait it out. But i have ready some people sent out again after a week after getting this email ang got their p4 instructions few hours later. So i may send it again early next week if i don't hear anything regarding P3.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hook_Grapp said:

We sent out P3 yesterday without waiting for the p3 instructions and this is the response we got: 

😬 😬 😬 

Guess we have to wait it out. But i have ready some people sent out again after a week after getting this email ang got their p4 instructions few hours later. So i may send it again early next week if i don't hear anything regarding P3.

You were received about 5 days ago at the consulate according to your timeline? If that is the case its going to take more then 5 days to get to P3. It looks to be taking a few weeks at the least. I am sure it will happen...hang in there!! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.