kkg325

N-400 DECEMBER 2018 filers

585 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, M_1412 said:

I had my combo interview yesterday (literally 🙂 ). I didn't get a formal letter from USCIS stating such. However, 2 weeks before my N400 interview, my local office sent me a regular email informing me that I will be having my i751 interview before my N400 and that my husband should be there with me. It was unexpected and very nice of them. Because after receiving my N400 interview notice, I contacted the USCIS asking them about my pending i751 and a potential combo. They never really replied to my original message. A month later, my local office emailed me.

I suggest you contact them. You have nothing to lose.

12 minutes ago, M_1412 said:

Wow! Congratulations!! Good idea to call them. Did you call the number which is on the Interview Notice? 

Married: 10/18/2015

Green Card Approved: 03/02/2016

Applied for ROC: 01/23/2018 still pending

Applied for Citizenship Online: 12/09/2018

Got Notified that BIO is scheduled but the date is not shown: 12/15/2018

BIO appointment is posted on my account: 12/18/2018

BIO appointment: 01/02/2019

Received Interview Notice: 04/22/2019

N-400 Interview Date: 05/21/2019

N-400 approval Date: 06/18/2019

Oath Ceremony Notice mailed:  07/02/2019

Oath Ceremony Notice showed on the website:  07/03/2019

Oath Ceremony Date:  07/16/2019

15 minutes ago, GirlPower said:

Wow! Congratulations!! Good idea to call them. Did you call the number which is on the Interview Notice?

Thank you! 🙂 I did call that number (you find on the notice) several times asking them about a combo, but the officers would give me too generic answers. I then wrote them from my.uscis.gov account. They never replied, but as I said local office emailed me instead. I know that every case is different and all depends on local officers' availabilities, but sometimes it helps when you consistently ask about your case.

Edited by M_1412

14 minutes ago, GirlPower said:

Thank you! 🙂 I did call that number (you find on the notice) several times asking them about a combo, but the officers would give me too generic answers. I then wrote them from my.uscis.gov account. They never replied, but as I said local office emailed me instead. I know that every case is different and all depends on local officers' availabilities, but sometimes it helps when you consistently ask about your case. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 hours ago, GirlPower said:

Hi I just got my interview letter in the mail. It is scheduled for May 21st in Fairfax, VA. Now I have a question, My I-751 has been in the same status(Fingerprint Review Was Completed) for more than a year. Do I need to take any action? Am I going to have a combo interview? It is confusing.

Mine is on the 22nd in fairfax as well!! Let us know how it went! Good luck! 

5 minutes ago, Inesmlm said:

Mine is on the 22nd in fairfax as well!! Let us know how it went! Good luck! 

Sure. I will definitely update you here.

18 hours ago, GirlPower said:

Hey, How did it go? Do we really need to send an email or mail to USCIS in order to get combo interview? any information would be appreciated since I am in the same boat. 

Hi! I'm sorry for late response! I got my combo interview without emailing USCIS. I told my IO about the letter I received few days ago for my I-751 in May but he already had my both I-751 and N-400 files on his desk so he was gonna do it anyway. My IO was not a friendly one. Let's say he had an attitude. He did my I-751 first so he asked me so many questions about our marriage. We don't have a joint account because my husband has financial issues so my IO said "If you marry someone, you have to accept EVERYTHING even there are some financial issues. You don't separate your bank account just because you don't want to owe anything he has. That's not good." I was like, "...ok". We have no kids and living with in-laws (again because of the financial issues) so he kept shaking his head. Finally he saw my husband's name and mine on the car payments receipt, pink slips, insurance card from his work and a screenshot of AAA membership account. That was good evidences. He said he can't make a decision yet then started the interview for N-400.

I passed Speaking, Reading and the civic test. However, I couldn't answer the one question from my application Part 12, 14-A, "Genocide?". He asked me what is genocide?" but I forgot the meaning. I said something (I don't remember) then he said "So if you do genocide that's what happens? NICE." I said I don't know the answer so he told me to pack up my stuff. "We stop this interview right here because you don't know English. This is a part of the test. You can't answer, you don't know English". He gave me the result form then told me "Come back in 2 month for your 2nd interview. It'll be your last chance. Also I can't make a decision of your I-751 right now. We'll see". I got an appointment letter for the 2nd interview and it is on June 21st. My husband was in the waiting room so I told him I didn't make it and I also don't know about my I-751 either.

When we got home, I checked my case status to see if there was any changes. I found my I-751 "New Card Is Being Produced." YES, I passed my I-751 interview!!!!!

My IO had an attitude but at the end, he encouraged me to study English hard for my 2nd interview because I have to follow the constitution. So I say he was just trying to do his job being a good interviewer and I will do my best on next interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, yumty said:

Hi! I'm sorry for late response! I got my combo interview without emailing USCIS. I told my IO about the letter I received few days ago for my I-751 in May but he already had my both I-751 and N-400 files on his desk so he was gonna do it anyway. My IO was not a friendly one. Let's say he had an attitude. He did my I-751 first so he asked me so many questions about our marriage. We don't have a joint account because my husband has financial issues so my IO said "If you marry someone, you have to accept EVERYTHING even there are some financial issues. You don't separate your bank account just because you don't want to owe anything he has. That's not good." I was like, "...ok". We have no kids and living with in-laws (again because of the financial issues) so he kept shaking his head. Finally he saw my husband's name and mine on the car payments receipt, pink slips, insurance card from his work and a screenshot of AAA membership account. That was good evidences. He said he can't make a decision yet then started the interview for N-400.

I passed Speaking, Reading and the civic test. However, I couldn't answer the one question from my application Part 12, 14-A, "Genocide?". He asked me what is genocide?" but I forgot the meaning. I said something (I don't remember) then he said "So if you do genocide that's what happens? NICE." I said I don't know the answer so he told me to pack up my stuff. "We stop this interview right here because you don't know English. This is a part of the test. You can't answer, you don't know English". He gave me the result form then told me "Come back in 2 month for your 2nd interview. It'll be your last chance. Also I can't make a decision of your I-751 right now. We'll see". I got an appointment letter for the 2nd interview and it is on June 21st. My husband was in the waiting room so I told him I didn't make it and I also don't know about my I-751 either.

When we got home, I checked my case status to see if there was any changes. I found my I-751 "New Card Is Being Produced." YES, I passed my I-751 interview!!!!!

My IO had an attitude but at the end, he encouraged me to study English hard for my 2nd interview because I have to follow the constitution. So I say he was just trying to do his job being a good interviewer and I will do my best on next interview.

Wow. You writing is great. He must be a difficult officer. I hope he will approve you soon. Did he ask you to explain all the yes/no question.

5 hours ago, yumty said:

I don't really understand why the IO failed you where in fact the only requirements for N-400 test is to at least know basic reading and writing for english and of course the civic test, beside the word genocide is not part of the test, it's part of the questions on the form. I know many people were approved but can't speak and write english fluently. 

Edited by Lemon23

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

5 hours ago, yumty said:

Wow! I am sorry to hear that and I am glad the I-751 is approved. Your writing is very good so I cannot believe they made a big deal of not knowing "Genocide". 

9 minutes ago, GirlPower said:

Wow! I am sorry to hear that and I am glad the I-751 is approved. Your writing is very good so I cannot believe they made a big deal of not knowing "Genocide". 

Exactly my point and it's not even part of the test.

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

18 hours ago, dannyphan91 said:

Wow. You writing is great. He must be a difficult officer. I hope he will approve you soon. Did he ask you to explain all the yes/no question.

Hi, thank you for your complement! I hope my 2nd interview is going to be ok. No he didn't ask me all of them, I guess 5 or 6 questions.

17 hours ago, Lemon23 said:

I don't really understand why the IO failed you where in fact the only requirements for N-400 test is to at least know basic reading and writing for english and of course the civic test, beside the word genocide is not part of the test, it's part of the questions on the form. I know many people were approved but can't speak and write english fluently. 

Hi! I was really shocked to hear that my IO said those YES/NO questions were also the English test. We all have to swear for telling the truth when we fill out the applications and during the interview, I guess that's why my IO told me that I don't know English because I couldn't give him a right answer. I should've have known every single word and detail on my application. Good thing I passed the civic test so I don't have to worry about that one next time :)

17 hours ago, GirlPower said:

Thank you! You are very kind. I-751 was such a pain so I'm glad it's over. I hope you'll get both at the same time! My IO was asking me a lot of questions about my marriage so I guess my interview took almost 30 minutes. I really wanted to go home. lol 

6 hours ago, yumty said:

Hi! I was really shocked to hear that my IO said those YES/NO questions were also the English test. We all have to swear for telling the truth when we fill out the applications and during the interview, I guess that's why my IO told me that I don't know English because I couldn't give him a right answer. I should've have known every single word and detail on my application. Good thing I passed the civic test so I don't have to worry about that one next time :)

Hopefully, you will not be interviewed with the same IO officer. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.