Humsafar

My Medical Exam with Dr. Ian Zatzman

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I would just like to say, I am so thankful to everyone who posts here on VJ, it has helped my husband and I a lot. Here are my 2 cents! :)

Background

I recommend booking online through their website or even calling to find a date that works for you if online you can't find a suitable time. I called initially, since I did not know about the online booking process. The secretary is very sweet and she was going to give me Dec 5, because that was the most recent availability but then she said a spot opened up for Dec 3. Therefore it doesn't hurt to call and ask as well for an appointment. Note I booked my appointment as soon as I received my appointment letter which was Nov 9 and thats the earliest opening I got.

Before arriving make sure you have: 

• Passport
  • Immunization record (yellow card, if u don't have yellow card call ur local municipality health department and pick it up. Go to your family dr to review if u are up to date on vaccines)
  • Case # (Appointment Letter) - email printout will suffice
  • anything that is mentioned on their website
  • debit/cash of approx $360 (you pay separately at each step of the exam i.e., x-ray, blood lab, dr's office)

The Exam Process

I had my medical exam today in Maple, ON (Vaughan /Richmond Hill) with Dr. Ian. My appointment time was 11:15 am.  In the morning's the parking lot is full (it is free) and i circled around for about 5 mins after i decided to park outside the plaza on side road. The waiting room was already filled and I was there by 10:45 am. The secretary called me up at 11:15am, asked for the items I was required to bring and scanned them. She did not take the passport photos I brought even though I asked about them. Instead she took a photo of me on the office camera and uploaded it. She asked for a payment of $260. She also asked about my intended US address, so make sure you know that. I recommend confirming your phone number, so u can be notified of your package.

I entered Dr. Ian's office at 11:45am, and it was quick from there. He is a very nice man. He had a light conversation with me about where I am going in the States, if I have family there. He checked my immunization record, asked about any medication I am on, any major surgeries and then he checked my vitals (Blood pressure and heart). That was it and then it just took time for him to enter all the vaccine data into the computer. He then told me to pick up my package in 1 week. Dr then gave me papers and directed me to the x-ray lab and blood lab which are both on the first floor.

By 12:05pm, I went to the blood lab to get that done and the urine sample. That costed around $30. I was called in for blood work at 12:25pm. The nurse drew 1 tiny tube of blood and then I went to give the urine sample. (Note: I asked for you all wondering, because I was curious too; for women on their period, you can still give a urine sample, supposedly Dr's can tell that its mensuration blood, so it doesn't interfere with the results. But perhaps it may be better to book around your cycle anyway if you don't want to deal with that.)

At 12:39 pm, I was waiting in the x-ray office (it was not packed, thank God). That costed about $70. I was called to go change in the dressing room. I asked to confirm for a female technician (because I am a practicing Muslim). She took one pose and that was it. I was done for the day at 1pm.

Let me know if you have any questions and Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.