2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, escape said:

I’m not sure if it has been like this for awhile and I only noticed now, but the local offices have updated processing times for I485 and separate the timelines in employment and family based. We are self petitioners. Does anyone know which timeframe we go by? If any! 

Good question, I have no ideas!

my I131 says “refugee travel permit”, great question for the lawyer.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Gogetter18 said:

Yep!! They do that. Mine did it to me after 16 years of marriage (he took his sweet time before deciding to petition for me) and we have children together so you can imagine how EVIL some people are!!

Merry Christmas 🙂

It happened same to me 😣

9 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It happened same to me 😣

9 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It happened same to me 😣

They try to play god with spouse's lives and futures, which is why the VAWA and I485 processing times should be cut shorter, so that we all can move forward and show these evil people that we are better than them and that God has greater plans for us. When I look back on all the years I wasted with him, my only happiness are my children, having my children makes up for everything he subjected me to. God will pay him back in due time, people are already turning their backs on him, his business is not doing well, that's karma.

I just pray for speedy approvals for all of us in the first part of the new year 2019 🙏

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

They try to play god with spouse's lives and futures, which is why the VAWA and I485 processing times should be cut shorter, so that we all can move forward and show these evil people that we are better than them and that God has greater plans for us. When I look back on all the years I wasted with him, my only happiness are my children, having my children makes up for everything he subjected me to. God will pay him back in due time, people are already turning their backs on him, his business is not doing well, that's karma.

I just pray for speedy approvals for all of us in the first part of the new year 2019 🙏

Totally agreed! Amen 🙏🏼 

28 minutes ago, escape said:

I’m not sure if it has been like this for awhile and I only noticed now, but the local offices have updated processing times for I485 and separate the timelines in employment and family based. We are self petitioners. Does anyone know which timeframe we go by? If any! 

@escape The time frames all just got updated yesterday/today, I'm happy as most cities, including mine, have shorter time frames now for the I485, but I really wish they could give shorter time frames, especially for the I360 applications as 20 months is too long to expect people to wait without a job. Fingers crossed for faster processing times.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

If you AP you can go and visit her. If you have pending AOS

Yes, I do. Thanks!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Gogetter18 said:

@escape The time frames all just got updated yesterday/today, I'm happy as most cities, including mine, have shorter time frames now for the I485, but I really wish they could give shorter time frames, especially for the I360 applications as 20 months is too long to expect people to wait without a job. Fingers crossed for faster processing times.

Can you pass the link? Do you know Vermont Center time frame?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

Here it is:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Vermont Center time frame is 16 - 21 months for VAWA petitions

I meant the I485, how long does it take to

process it once you have I360/VAWA approved with I765/EAD and I131 in hand too.

Timeline
Just now, Gogetter18 said:

It depends on your city, enter that link I sent you in your browser and check the processing time for I485 for your city

I meant once Vawa is process they “transfer” the I485 so this gap how long does it take? I know mine in the web is 10-211/2 months but how long does it take for USCIS to let you know it got transfer to process it. Thanks.

Hi guys 

I am concerned with my case status. any advice is welcomed. 

July 2018 filer for EAD renewal here? My EAD will expire soon in january. 

I filed it in july so that I dont need to worry but it is taking long. 

My attorney filed it to NBC even though I asked her to send it to VSC

Do you think that is a reason? 

I filed mine in july. 09

so it is out of normal processing time so I called to USCIS and the C/S guy told me he cannot pull up the record!!!! 

And he said I can write a letter to this address. And he gave me an address of VSC

Is it only way that I can ask an inquiry on my case? 

Anyone filed EAD renewal earlier than 7.9 this year? 

Thank you

1 minute ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I meant once Vawa is process they “transfer” the I485 so this gap how long does it take? I know mine in the web is 10-211/2 months but how long does it take for USCIS to let you know it got transfer to process it. Thanks.

Oh ok, I'm not sure about that. But I remember some people saying that you should start counting from the shortest time frame on your city's time frame which is 10 months so start counting from the time your VAWA is approved.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

Oh ok, I'm not sure about that. But I remember some people saying that you should start counting from the shortest time frame on your city's time frame which is 10 months so start counting from the time your VAWA is approved.

Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.