13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone
I'm from egypt
I'm applying for K1 visa
I went to the interview on 13th november 2018
And after i finished my interview the consular told me
(WE WILL REVIEW YOUR CASE AND WILL ANSWER YOU)
And he gives me the white paper with mark on adminstrative processing only
No required documents or anything
Its been 17 days now and everytime i check my case status on CEAC
iT TELLS ME ( READY )
So how its ready and he gave me adminstrative processing paper??
What i have to do now just wait??
And anyone know how long it takes??
We have everything is correct we met 4 years ago and she came to me twice and we have alot of pictures together so why he puts me on this situation?
Status screen attached

47206177_2145105512208741_2916359755502977024_n.jpg

* Moved from Bringing Family Members of USCs to America to K1 Process & Procedures *

Every case goes through AP. There is no time limit for AP nor any actions necessary on your part unless they request something.

Most AP is days to weeks. Some  times it's months. Rarely it's a year or longer.

CEAC likely hasn't updated to reflect AP.

Did the CO say anything about being approved? Did they keep your passport?

It's not unusual for extended AP with Egypt due to verification of documents, reviewing the bona fide relationship aspect, or background checks.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, geowrian said:

* Moved from Bringing Family Members of USCs to America to K1 Process & Procedures *

Every case goes through AP. There is no time limit for AP nor any actions necessary on your part unless they request something.

Most AP is days to weeks. Some  times it's months. Rarely it's a year or longer.

CEAC likely hasn't updated to reflect AP.

Did the CO say anything about being approved? Did they keep your passport?

It's not unusual for extended AP with Egypt due to verification of documents, reviewing the bona fide relationship aspect, or background checks.

No he didn't kept my passport or even my personal pictures...... He told me we will review ur case and answers u...I asked him is this approval or denial he kept saying the same

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wait and see, nothing to be done.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 12/1/2018 at 9:34 AM, AMGAD ABDELMESSIH said:

Good morning everyone
I'm from egypt
I'm applying for K1 visa
I went to the interview on 13th november 2018
And after i finished my interview the consular told me
(WE WILL REVIEW YOUR CASE AND WILL ANSWER YOU)
And he gives me the white paper with mark on adminstrative processing only
No required documents or anything
Its been 17 days now and everytime i check my case status on CEAC
iT TELLS ME ( READY )
So how its ready and he gave me adminstrative processing paper??
What i have to do now just wait??
And anyone know how long it takes??
We have everything is correct we met 4 years ago and she came to me twice and we have alot of pictures together so why he puts me on this situation?
Status screen attached

47206177_2145105512208741_2916359755502977024_n.jpg

I am in the same situation.  I had my interview on 5th nov.. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just went through this exact thing and it seems rare as hardly anyone on this board goes through it this exact way. Here's why...

Before and after my fiances interview I read that after an interview the ceac page SHOULD say administrative processing and not continue to show ready, 99 percent of the time and the people on here say "administrative processing". For our case it did the same as you, went to interview she got the 221g and no further documents needed at this time written at the bottom. This means all the documents required for the interview were given however they need to do their background checks. It isn't a denial or approval, its simply they cant say no or yes at the time of the interview because they didn't complete their work in time for the interview. 

From the day of the interview April 2018 up to December 2018 the ceac site has always shown "ready" and never administrative processing however according to the emails from the embassy it was in fact in administrative processing.

Last month We got an email from the embassy notifying us that they completed the AP and to send in a new medical , passport and the new 221g. we sent in the old 221g as well. Dec 12 ceac now shows administrative processing but that's because they were waiting on the passport, new medical and 221g. Keep in mind MOST ap on K1 visas is 5 months and not the 60-90 days as they say, also to watch out for and I didn't know this but watch out for the expiration date on the medical, its valid only 6 months so if AP goes longer than expected and the medical expires you will have to do another medical. Example if the medical is done a month before the interview and the ap goes 5 months then more than likely you will be asked to redo the medical and yes pay the medical fee again.

This happened to us, we did the medical 3 weeks before the interview and ap lasted 7.5 months and were told to get new medical, send passport and 221g so we had to pay twice for a medical.....600.00!!! but all along that 7.5 months the ceac only showed "ready".

After Ap is completed by the embassy they should email you to send in the passport, this is what they did with us, after the interview they gave back her passport , same as you. My guess as to why they do that is because they know it will take longer than 90 days so they hand back the passport and will request it after they complete the ap.

Also I will point out just before they completed the ap they emailed me and asked for more evidence of a continuing relationship. my guess is they wanted to make sure she and I were still in a relationship since the ap took nearly 8 months. One day after emailing them recent evidence the ap was completed and email request to get new medical and send in passport was received.

We sent the new medical, passport and new 221g they sent by email,  to the embassy on the 9th, ceac still shows administrative processing but they changed the case creation date to the 10th and the last update to the 10th which means they have her passport right now. We used the drop off box so they got it quick. Next thing ceac should say is "Issued".

One thing I don't understand is why change the creation date on the ceac??

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

@MandW  my fiance and I are going through that exact thing right now, and reading about your experience makes me feel a little more hopeful. My fiance had his interview in September 2018 and was given the 221g which had only AP marked, with no additional documentation needed. They gave his passport back to him as well. Since his interview date, the case date has updated a few times, but the status has never changed from "Ready." I noticed that not many people have had this issue as well - usually it changes to AP right away! The embassy keeps telling us that our case is in AP as well, regardless of the case status, so hopefully we are issued the visa also!

Timeline

helo

this is a great sign.! that means they were processing it, and needed more time (AP) but if it says ready that means any time you will get a call to come get it or they will mail it. That is great.. No worries just no it wont be long now.

Timeline

If I were u I would email the embassy or call. I never had luck with the call but I did with email. I was able to move our case a long a bit with an email once a week. Even if they tell you the same info each week. But start with asking them why it says ready and not AP.  It actually sounds like an error on their end. But start emailing them weekly. 

No mine was in AP for a long time. Then when it said Ready, it was ready quickly. I was told by our lawyer Ready meant nothing had to be done on my end, it would be mailed or my fiance would get a call to pick it up shortly after.. For us it was maybe a week after it said ready he got a call to come get it. But when we got the AP paper it was in AP status online for a long time. SO there is something going on. I no its so hard. Hang in there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.