abum

Ignoring I-797C - OS155A for $220 payment (to produce GC)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all.

I got 2 letters from USCIS OS155A , titled "First Request for Payment" , and "Final Request for Payment". 

Since the letter is for my child, by virtue of the child being a child of USC, - INA320 kicks in and dictates that the child will be a USC once the child is in the US as LPR and staying with USC parent. So the child has nothing to do with USCIS anymore.

1. Is it fine to just ignore it and not doing anything? (i have not applied of my child's US passport but plan to do so soon).

2. The child has I-551 stamp on the passport, though i wonder, since the stamp is valid for 1 year, should 1 year passed, can the document still be used to show that the child used to be LPR and is now a USC via INA 320 (say i failed to apply for the US passport before 1 year is up).

3. Also can i also assume SSN card will not be produced as no GC is produced for the child? (not an issue but will have to go to SSA office then)

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, abum said:

Hi all.

I got 2 letters from USCIS OS155A , titled "First Request for Payment" , and "Final Request for Payment". 

Since the letter is for my child, by virtue of the child being a child of USC, - INA320 kicks in and dictates that the child will be a USC once the child is in the US as LPR and staying with USC parent. So the child has nothing to do with USCIS anymore.

1. Is it fine to just ignore it and not doing anything? (i have not applied of my child's US passport but plan to do so soon).

2. The child has I-551 stamp on the passport, though i wonder, since the stamp is valid for 1 year, should 1 year passed, can the document still be used to show that the child used to be LPR and is now a USC via INA 320 (say i failed to apply for the US passport before 1 year is up).

3. Also can i also assume SSN card will not be produced as no GC is produced for the child? (not an issue but will have to go to SSA office then)

Thank you.

If the child is a child if a USC then did you do CRBA yet, and do you meet the requirements of that?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Get the child declared as USC and apply for SS # / needed for tax returns plus adding to health insurance, etc

38 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

If the child is a child if a USC then did you do CRBA yet, and do you meet the requirements of that?

child is USC based on INA320, so CRBA is not something we could apply for.

14 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Get the child declared as USC and apply for SS # / needed for tax returns plus adding to health insurance, etc

yeah, and i know getting US passport is the way to go, but a bit curious to what would happen if USCIS would issue anything else after that notice.

also if the US passport is till not in hand but I-551 stamp has expired.

Edited by abum

4 minutes ago, abum said:

child is USC based on INA320, so CRBA is not something we could apply for.

I understand that. So my question to you is if you filed for that since the child is outside the USA now? If you filed for that then get the child a US passport. 

It is that simple if the USC meets the requirements to give the child US citizenship. If the child cannot get citizenship then and only then can the child get a visa as a LPR 

ah sorry, forgot to mention, everyone (child, myself and USC parent) is already in the USA now (the child as I-551 stamp valid for 1 year in the passport).

INA 320 only applies to child with LPR status, currently staying in the USA with the USC parent.

So we are done with the petition and stuff. 

Maybe i posted this in the wrong subforum. Sorry.

Edited by abum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.