Jump to content
abum

Ignoring I-797C - OS155A for $220 payment (to produce GC)

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all.

 

I got 2 letters from USCIS OS155A , titled "First Request for Payment" , and "Final Request for Payment". 

 

Since the letter is for my child, by virtue of the child being a child of USC, - INA320 kicks in and dictates that the child will be a USC once the child is in the US as LPR and staying with USC parent. So the child has nothing to do with USCIS anymore.

 

1. Is it fine to just ignore it and not doing anything? (i have not applied of my child's US passport but plan to do so soon).

 

2. The child has I-551 stamp on the passport, though i wonder, since the stamp is valid for 1 year, should 1 year passed, can the document still be used to show that the child used to be LPR and is now a USC via INA 320 (say i failed to apply for the US passport before 1 year is up).

 

3. Also can i also assume SSN card will not be produced as no GC is produced for the child? (not an issue but will have to go to SSA office then)

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, abum said:

Hi all.

 

I got 2 letters from USCIS OS155A , titled "First Request for Payment" , and "Final Request for Payment". 

 

Since the letter is for my child, by virtue of the child being a child of USC, - INA320 kicks in and dictates that the child will be a USC once the child is in the US as LPR and staying with USC parent. So the child has nothing to do with USCIS anymore.

 

1. Is it fine to just ignore it and not doing anything? (i have not applied of my child's US passport but plan to do so soon).

 

2. The child has I-551 stamp on the passport, though i wonder, since the stamp is valid for 1 year, should 1 year passed, can the document still be used to show that the child used to be LPR and is now a USC via INA 320 (say i failed to apply for the US passport before 1 year is up).

 

3. Also can i also assume SSN card will not be produced as no GC is produced for the child? (not an issue but will have to go to SSA office then)

 

Thank you.

If the child is a child if a USC then did you do CRBA yet, and do you meet the requirements of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

If the child is a child if a USC then did you do CRBA yet, and do you meet the requirements of that?

child is USC based on INA320, so CRBA is not something we could apply for.
 

14 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Get the child declared as USC and apply for SS # / needed for tax returns plus adding to health insurance, etc

yeah, and i know getting US passport is the way to go, but a bit curious to what would happen if USCIS would issue anything else after that notice.

also if the US passport is till not in hand but I-551 stamp has expired.

Edited by abum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, abum said:

child is USC based on INA320, so CRBA is not something we could apply for.

I understand that. So my question to you is if you filed for that since the child is outside the USA now? If you filed for that then get the child a US passport. 

 

It is that simple if the USC meets the requirements to give the child US citizenship. If the child cannot get citizenship then and only then can the child get a visa as a LPR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah sorry, forgot to mention, everyone (child, myself and USC parent) is already in the USA now (the child as I-551 stamp valid for 1 year in the passport).

 

INA 320 only applies to child with LPR status, currently staying in the USA with the USC parent.

 

So we are done with the petition and stuff. 

 

Maybe i posted this in the wrong subforum. Sorry.

Edited by abum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×