montyish

Ead renewal And Aos Taking Too long

10 posts in this topic

I got admitted in the usa last year june with K1 visa, Got married july 19,applied for my Aos together with the Ead in september.Got my ead in nov .it been over a year now since i go married ,anytime i call uscis ,the automated machine tells me they scheduling my interview date.I have applied for a renewal of my Ead,close to 4 months still no new ead.The sad part about my case is ,i recently got layed off from my job.No job would employ me with my 3 months extension on my ead.Am also relocating to Texas as New york is too much for me,wife and son.I want to know if relocating would prolong my process.Besides my wife would still be in new york to keep her job till i get a job and place for us in Texas.She would be visiting from time to time with my son.Anyone with a similar situation should please advise on what to do.thank you 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

asking why Texas? so far from wife

is there some company there that has offered employment on EAD extension ?

Not sure what immigration would say to this when not physically living together 

but no one was answering so i thought asking those questions might help VJ members reply

@adil-rafa ,we have living together with my wife's mom since i got here in her apartment.Since my wife was living with her.I tried several times getting an apartment in new york no one wants to rent to us because ny wife credit is not that good n they keep telling me i dont have enough work history in usa.Our main motive of moving is relocating because the expenses in new york is too high n also for son as we dont want to bring our son up in new york.thank you

Timeline

Can't blame u for not wanting to bring up a child in NYC

but do u have a chance for a job in Texas?

and why not just look in upstate NY which is not as expensive / i grew up near Elmira NY

there are jobs there even if only a janitoral job and i was only 3 and a half hours from NYC

and the upstate schools are the best/ familes from NYC are buying homes there just to send the kids to school and they live with the mother and father goes up for the weekend

@adil-rafa we thought about that.But my wife friend in texas is willing to help us out once we get there and besides we saved enough money for 6 months rent till i get my new ead and get a job.My wife would still keep her job in new york as she would be the main applicant for the apartment we get in Texas.so by next year summer we hoping she gets a job in texas and would not have to go back and forth no more with our son.We tried relocating to north carolina but the family there did not help.I juat want to know of relocating to texas would prolong my Green card and Ead Process.thank you 

Timeline

ok  sorry to interfer

but just to let u know if her credit is bad in NY state

it doesn't get any better by moving and she will need a job for a year there to build it back

i am outta here as i can't help u 

@adil-rafa her credit is okay now.She has a stable job working with the board of the ed.We just dont want to stay in nyc as we want to relocate .I just want to know if relocating would not interfere or prolong my already delayed Green card and EAD.Anyone with an idea about this should please sharw with me .thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
11 hours ago, montyish said:

I just want to know if relocating would not interfere or prolong my already delayed Green card and EAD.Anyone with an idea about this should please sharw with me .thank you

EAD is issued by NBC so it shouldn't affect EAD processing time, just confirm that USCIS receives your address change so the EAD gets to you; there have been times that their system has not updated properly. There is a risk that the move could delay AOS processing time.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Sorry that you have to be separated from your wife and son for some months, if I were in your shoes I would not change my address to Texas and keep the one in NYC since your wife will be living there for another 6 months. When they schedule your interview you can just buy a plane ticket to attend it in NYC and explain to the IO that you have been living apart for a few months since the city was getting too expensive for your family.

Because most likely there will be a delay by changing the address

Also it will depend on your timeline, you have been waiting for over a year already so getting closer to get an interview in NYC so changing your address would probably delay your AOS interview in my opinion.

You can search VJ to see similar situations and make up your mind by typing "relocation" in the search bar and see what other people in similar situations did.

Good luck

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.