Prezeee

Filipino Dual Citizenship Process

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm new at this amazing site, I just have a question, I'm a naturalized US citizen, came here in the US 10 years ago and was naturalized 7 years ago, nowadays, me and my family (husband and 7 year old son), are planning to move to the Phils and live there for 2 years at least, I know that I can apply for a dual citizenship, (for my son too being him as my derivative) and for my husband- I know he can apply for permanent resident philippine visa (so he can stay longer than 1 year there in the Phils), his is another question/topic that I may have to post later, but my question is for the dual citizenship interview for me, do you happen to know guys what are the interview questions they give at the philippine consulate office? Do they have reasons to deny an applicant to approve of dual citizenship visas? I'm just wondering and want to know, so that I can prepare when I apply and get to the interview part, thank you so much in advance guys for your replies.

Pricila

Edited by Prezeee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Prezeee said:

for my son too being him as my derivative

Was your son born in the US before you lost your Philippine citizenship? If yes, he already is a dual citizen. Just report his birth (and apply for a Philippine passport) at the New York City Consulate: http://www.newyorkpcg.org/the-consulate/our-services/civil-registry/report-of-birth-of-a-filipino-citizen

Below is info for traveling with 2 passports for you and your son :

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

30 minutes ago, Prezeee said:

Hi everyone, I'm new at this amazing site, I just have a question, I'm a naturalized US citizen, came here in the US 10 years ago and was naturalized 7 years ago, nowadays, me and my family (husband and 7 year old son), are planning to move to the Phils and live there for 2 years at least, I know that I can apply for a dual citizenship, (for my son too being him as my derivative) and for my husband- I know he can apply for permanent resident philippine visa (so he can stay longer than 1 year there in the Phils), his is another question/topic that I may have to post later, but my question is for the dual citizenship interview for me, do you happen to know guys what are the interview questions they give at the philippine consulate office? Do they have reasons to deny an applicant to approve of dual citizenship visas? I'm just wondering and want to know, so that I can prepare when I apply and get to the interview part, thank you so much in advance guys for your replies.

Pricila

They don't ask anything specific crazy so don't worry. Have you done the ROM and the ROB yet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Prezeee said:

what is ROM and ROB?

Report of Marriage and Report of Birth of a Filipino Citizen

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Prezeee said:

Pricila

Your son may or may not be a dual citizen .. "when" this all happened is key to his dual citizenship.   If you were a USC before your son's birth, then he is not a dual citizen ... if still a Philippine citizen at the time of his birth did you complete Report of Birth?   (Did you complete Report of Marriage ? ) 

You don't have to obtain your dual citizenship to stay in the Philippines longer than a year, in fact there is an excellent visa program focused on former Filipinos and their family.

The SRRVisa allows you, your husband and your son to stay in the Philippines indefinitely as long as you keep your visa current.

https://pra.gov.ph/retiree-services/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/26/2018 at 10:46 AM, Prezeee said:

Pricila

Priscilla, check the nearest consulate office in your area. There are forms that you can download I. This website along with instructions

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/dual-citizenship-ra-9225

we did this process with report of birth of my son as he was born when I was still an LPR. You will need your husband birth certificate on the report of birth because you’re reporting it 7 years later (same boat tayo). I filed the documents in the morning and had my oath taking in the afternoon with the seal. And no interview. Bring cash too, they still sadly do not accept cards at least in LA.

You will also have to change your son’s name (but don’t do it yet until they tell you)

here my son’s middle name is the one w gave him (in the report of birth they want mother’s maiden name as middle name) no other option.

bring multiple copies of the requirements too 4x as ROB

Goodluck!

😁

hi, sis Jo, I know you from way back our visa journey before, thanks for replying sis..yes, I just realized that I didn't report my son's birth when I was still filipino citizen, so now it will be a "delayed report of birth" but for some reason I can't find the link of the procedure of how to report his birth if it's 7 years late, I click your link sis, but it pertains to LA , I'm here in NJ, do you think it will be the same procedure? also I'm kind of confused like it seems that're there a lot of requirement for reporting his birth since it's 7 years ago, like I have to do notarization and change of his surname? It's seems that just applying him as my derivative ifor dual citizenship is simpler and uncomplicated? what do you think sis? btw, I'm friends with Hanny and Anne on FB sis:)

Pricila

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Heller!!!!

http://newyorkpcg.org/the-consulate/our-services/civil-registry/report-of-birth-of-a-filipino-citizen

thats the site closer to you.

i tried doing a dual citizenship derivative for both my kids, but they checked my naturalization certificate and found that my son is automatic dual, so delayed registration of birth nalang.  Just bring the documents that go have along with multiple copies the. They can tell you what else you need. New York malapit saiyo Pres.

beshies kami ni Anne and Hanny, hanapin moko friends list nila

Micah artis

😁

yay, sis thanks, I will find you on FB through Anne and Han, if it's okay with you and will request to be one of your friends, if it's okay with you, please approve me. lol, because I have other questions too about this topic, thank God that you replied, I also just realized kc na sa Hawaii is where I gave birth my son, so technically I need to report his birth to Hawaii state, will it be a problem, like do we need to go there at that consulate just to reporth his birth, we're here in NJ now and living here permanently, Hawaii is too far and costly if we will go there just to report his birth, sorry for this dumb question/thinking.

Pres

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.