Bree88

SLEC Sputum and Culture Tests Journey

2 posts in this topic

I am so glad that I found this website. It helps a lot about the agony of waiting for culture test. 

My live-in partner petition letter has already arrived and got the NVC letter invitation for Embassy interview with the names of my daughters. 

Yes,  maybe you are wondering why I am not included because the petition was applied was unmarried/single, it was applied before we are in relationship and we can't get married, if we do so the petition will be discard. 

Anyways,  after we received the docs. From NVC last Oct. 23, 2018 we flew right away at 2am on the 24th to have their medical in SLEC scheduled on the 25th

To make the long story short. My daughters finished their examinations and received  4 vaccinations. While their father is undergo in Sputum and Culture Tests. We've been told If ever after 8 weeks, result of the culture test of their father is negative and he is permitted to have a vaccinations, my daugters as well will receive another 4 shots before we are going to proceed in US Embassy Interview. 

Short story for my live-in partner. He was diagnosed last 1999 pulmonary and TB. He took his medications for 6 months and completely healed early 2000. Before we went in SLEC, we set an appointment to his doctor (luckily he is still alive 😊) to double check his condition. According to the X-Ray what we saw there is the scar and it completely healed. And his doctor issued a medical certificate that he is well. 

Sputum and Culture Test process for my Live in Partner:

A. He was advised to returned last Oct. 29, 30, and 31 - 2018 for sputum collections. Supposedly, the doctor advised my live-in partner to returned on Nov. 3 for pulmonary evaluation. He tried to talked to the doctors and asking for considerations to get as early schedule for evaluation because we already booked our flight dated Nov. 2 back to our home town. So he was been asked to to bring the plane ticket for the proof, and luckily he was included in Batch Oct. 31 Pulmonary Evaluation. Luckily, his Sputum Test is negative. 

B. We are advice to go back in SLEC on Dec. 28. The Culture test will take 8 weeks to know the result. According of experienced applicants,  If the SLEC will call you before the said date it means you are positive or you need some medications. If not, they said you are 85% safe, means that you are negative for TB. BUT don't get to confident enough, much better you call or email SLEC 2 days before the said date for confirmation. They also say there are 15% might positive. (But based of what I read, they were mostly negative in TB).

C. If ever you will be negative they will instruct you to get the CD of your medical records in 1st floor. Then you can schedule your US Embassy Appointment for Interview in Philippines.

This is our 3rd  week in waiting for Culture test result. We are praying everyday,  asking and hoping heartedly that the test will be negative and can proceed on the next step. 

I will post an update soon about this journey. 

Hopefully, this post will help to others. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Bree88 said:

I am so glad that I found this website. It helps a lot about the agony of waiting for culture test. 

My live-in partner petition letter has already arrived and got the NVC letter invitation for Embassy interview with the names of my daughters. 

Yes,  maybe you are wondering why I am not included because the petition was applied was unmarried/single, it was applied before we are in relationship and we can't get married, if we do so the petition will be discard. 

Anyways,  after we received the docs. From NVC last Oct. 23, 2018 we flew right away at 2am on the 24th to have their medical in SLEC scheduled on the 25th

To make the long story short. My daughters finished their examinations and received  4 vaccinations. While their father is undergo in Sputum and Culture Tests. We've been told If ever after 8 weeks, result of the culture test of their father is negative and he is permitted to have a vaccinations, my daugters as well will receive another 4 shots before we are going to proceed in US Embassy Interview. 

Short story for my live-in partner. He was diagnosed last 1999 pulmonary and TB. He took his medications for 6 months and completely healed early 2000. Before we went in SLEC, we set an appointment to his doctor (luckily he is still alive 😊) to double check his condition. According to the X-Ray what we saw there is the scar and it completely healed. And his doctor issued a medical certificate that he is well. 

Sputum and Culture Test process for my Live in Partner:

A. He was advised to returned last Oct. 29, 30, and 31 - 2018 for sputum collections. Supposedly, the doctor advised my live-in partner to returned on Nov. 3 for pulmonary evaluation. He tried to talked to the doctors and asking for considerations to get as early schedule for evaluation because we already booked our flight dated Nov. 2 back to our home town. So he was been asked to to bring the plane ticket for the proof, and luckily he was included in Batch Oct. 31 Pulmonary Evaluation. Luckily, his Sputum Test is negative. 

B. We are advice to go back in SLEC on Dec. 28. The Culture test will take 8 weeks to know the result. According of experienced applicants,  If the SLEC will call you before the said date it means you are positive or you need some medications. If not, they said you are 85% safe, means that you are negative for TB. BUT don't get to confident enough, much better you call or email SLEC 2 days before the said date for confirmation. They also say there are 15% might positive. (But based of what I read, they were mostly negative in TB).

C. If ever you will be negative they will instruct you to get the CD of your medical records in 1st floor. Then you can schedule your US Embassy Appointment for Interview in Philippines.

This is our 3rd  week in waiting for Culture test result. We are praying everyday,  asking and hoping heartedly that the test will be negative and can proceed on the next step. 

I will post an update soon about this journey. 

Hopefully, this post will help to others. 

You are completing the K-1 fiance visa?  (meaning your live-in-partner is your fiance ;)  )

The X-rays machine at SLEC are light years ahead of what is us is the most doctor's office or clinic.   Even with your fiance completing the 6 month treatment if scarring appears on the x-rays SLEC will required the SPUTUM testing for 8 weeks, that is a CDC requirement.   It would seem most likely that your fiance's culture will be just fine (being that he completed treatment) and you will be all smiles right after Christmas.    (I hope you hear nothing from  SLEC until then :thumbs:  

Did your daughters receive their medical files to hand carry to the embassy (and the DS-3025 vaccination record) ?     I seriously doubt your daughters will receive vaccinations a 2nd time.

Being your fiance is/was tested for TB, SLEC will not allow him to hand carry his medical file to USEM,  SLEC will have it delivered ...  so allow 5-7 (working) days after the completion of the medical for scheduling the interviews.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.