Kuttai & Kuttapi

CR1 visa interview TAX returns

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hlo..I’m little confused 😐 because my wife she is petitioner for CR1 Visa and  her latest Tax return year is 2017 and our marriage was 2018 January so after marriage she was filed her 2017 tax returns as a Family  Based  Tax return with SINGLE Status  because of I’m living outside USA..So during my visa interview it’s makes problems?? or not or she needs to add me in a Joint family Tax Return or not ??  Our case in NVC so I hope my interview will be next year January or February so she needs to  file a tax return 2018 with joint family tax status?? Plz help me 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Kuttai & Kuttapi said:

Hlo..I’m little confused 😐 because my wife she is petitioner for CR1 Visa and  her latest Tax return year is 2017 and our marriage was 2018 January so after marriage she was filed her 2017 tax returns as a Family  Based  Tax return with SINGLE Status  because of I’m living outside USA..So during my visa interview it’s makes problems?? or not or she needs to add me in a Joint family Tax Return or not ??  Our case in NVC so I hope my interview will be next year January or February so she needs to  file a tax return 2018 with joint family tax status?? Plz help me 

you have to file based on your status as of 12/31/17 so it was right that she filed single for 2017 in 2018, when she files her 2018 in 2019 she will need to file as married filing separate or married filing joint with you applying for an ITIN

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kuttai & Kuttapi said:

This is not an immigration issue.  It is not proper to file as single, when married, but many do it with no negative impact on the immigration process.  Once you are here, she can file an amended return to lower her tax expense.  There is no penalty for overpaying US federal or state income taxes.  Relax.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.